Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#311174 by swervedriver
Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:48 pm
Are you going (or planning to go) to the Devin Townsend Project at Klokgebouw in Eindhoven (part of Metal Fest)?

Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here!

PS. See you there! ;)
#313907 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 am
No collaborations, but still a great day. I came in around the time Decapitated were playing, and then saw DTP, little bit of Death Angel, all of Meshuggah, part of Fear Factory and finally Opeth. Didn't really care much for Death Angel, and Fear Factory were pretty terrible especially in the vocal department, but really enjoyed everyone else.

DTP Setlist:
Supercrush!
Truth / Om (2011 version)
Color Your World
Lucky Animals (with everybody doing jazz hands at the "and we're luckyyyy" part)
Juular
Grace
Deep Peace
#313914 by Tyroshai
Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 am
swervedriver wrote:Fear Factory were pretty terrible especially in the vocal department

Nothing ever changes there.
#313915 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 am
I'm not sure how they can get away with that. Dev didn't have much of a voice either, probably due to being sick half of this tour, but at least he can cover for it by screaming the difficult parts. In Fear Factory it appears you play a song in a certain key and the vocals should be in a totally different and unrelated key. Painful.
#313926 by Tyroshai
Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 am
Me either, Burton's always been a poor live vocalist. Makes me wonder how many thousands of studio takes he has to do to make his vocals sound at least close to the range for them to fix.

Dev deserves some serious rest, I've seen a couple of videos from last night and he was shaky indeed. Poor fella.
#314016 by Biert
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm
swervedriver wrote:In Fear Factory it appears you play a song in a certain key and the vocals should be in a totally different and unrelated key.

There was a key? I know he was looking for one, but I don't think he ever really found it.
#314020 by Lolliklauer
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm
Biert wrote:
swervedriver wrote:In Fear Factory it appears you play a song in a certain key and the vocals should be in a totally different and unrelated key.

There was a key? I know he was looking for one, but I don't think he ever really found it.

There's only one key to unlock the door
You must get the metaphor
#314047 by Boerbel
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 am
Hey peeps,

does anyone have some good pictures or videos of Deep Peace, performed at the Eindhoven Distortion Fest? I threw the Ziltoid hat of my girlfriend on stage and Dev was wearing it almost the whole song.
Now we are searching for some pics and vids of that. :D

Thanx!
#314241 by Moon
Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 am
Yeah I do. We weren't allowed front stage at the end of the show, but I took this from the VIP balcony. Bad light, slow time, but nice enough for the family album I guess :D