Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#323589 by Octillus
Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am
Were you the one punching me in the kidneys during The Devin Townsend Project show at Webster Hall in Manhattan?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#323590 by Octillus
Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 am
Not to be so sour up top - but that was really the most violent moshing I've been subjected to at a DTP show. There were a lot of kids trying to get violent at the front of the crowd - rather than participate with the pit in the middle - I was with my girlfriend, a tiny person, and people were aggressively leaping up to crowd surf at inappropriate times and constantly being skewed in our direction. On the left of me there were 4 other girls who were all small, and frankly trying to enjoy the show while avoiding cheap punches, kicks, and elbows.

None of these kids knew how to mosh properly, so I absorbed a lot of it. And then at a certain point, I had to get a bit aggressive with them myself, not something I'm normally proud of doing - but after you take a few crowdsurfing boots to the face, you kinda lose your nerve. We left right after DTP - never been a huge AAL fan, but I had NO interest putting up with that through another set, especially through the jazz noodling hour.

Anyway it's nice to see some diversity in the genre, but if I never had to see Monuments again I'd be perfectly okay with that. I feel like I woke up in 2003 or something.

Dev's set was pretty decent, though there were no surprises.

Regulator
Rejoice
Midnight Sun
War
A New Reign
Z2
March of the Poozers
Ziltoidian Empire
(about where the show became hard for me to enjoy anymore)
Bad Devil
Ziltoid Goes Home
Grace
Kingdom

A New Reign was fantastic and by far the heaviest song of the night and I'm not talking in terms of speed - I love this song on the album, but man oh man is it a weary dirge of sadness. Ziltoid Goes Home is definitely a burner - I dig it.

Ziltoidian Empire... doesn't fare so well. It's very impressive to be seen played live, but I have no tether to it while watching it live, and I think the set would've been better served by like, Deathray or another Sky Blue song. I guess because the tour is with Animals as Leaders? Who knows.

Excuse me while I go grab some ice.
#323592 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 am
Thanks for putting up the topic dude. Here's a pic of Dev's ass.