Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#323637 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:39 am
Breaking Bad territory... Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at the Sunshine Theater in Albuquerque?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#323660 by sylkicks
Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:38 pm
I'm overdue sharing my Albuquerque show experience, so here goes:

So morning of the 14th I shot both Ryan and Dev some suggestions on Twitter of places to eat/drink around town so they wouldn't have to eat shit road food. About an hour later Ryan PMs me and asks me if I know of any Breaking Bad tours that he could take. Anyone who knows me knows how much of a BrBa fanatic I am (I got a tattoo for chrissakes) so it was very serendipitous that he contacted me; I've taken a bunch of people around town to see all the shooting locations.

I tweet him back and let him know I can take him around and to my surprise he was totally in. I've met Ryan really briefly before a few years back so I totally figured he'd take me as a creepy fan but he was stoked. So I go pick him and John from Monuments and we did a 2 1/2 tour around town hitting all the sites. They were super excited and even told me it was the highlight of the tour for them, which felt super rad. It was cool to just hang and chat with them for a couple hours too.

Then went to the show and Dev killed it per usual. I know this tour was tough on the guy but man, other than his some of his usual surprisingly honest on stage comments, you would have had no idea. Poozers kills live, and closing with Kingdom was wicked.

Then after the show I went and waited by load in with a bunch of other fans waiting for Dev and the boys to come out. Ryan had told me earlier he'd hook me up with a drumstick signed by the band and some picks and such, so I just figured he'd come out and give them to me. But instead he comes out and takes me backstage and I got to say hi to everybody in the band and had them all sign my Z2 vinyl. I talked to Dev for a minute or so, but man the guy seemed dogged so I just snapped a quick pic of us and left. It's a bummer he was so burnt out (totally understandable though, dudes killing himself with the amount of work he takes on) since I love to chat with him as much as possible whenever he comes through, but he was nice enough to even chat for as long as he did. He even said he went to one of the restaurants I recommended too (legit NM food place) and dug it.

Anyway, great great day, and one I needed after the shit last few months I've had. It was great to get to know Ryan better and was super cool of him to hook me up like he did. Good dude, good to chat with Dev, super swell day.
#323661 by Victimlas
Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:29 pm
Wow, what a cool story! I saw Ryan's pics on FB, and what a cool tour you gave him! Love the show too and didn't know you could visit all the locations. Awesome you had such a great day! :)
#323662 by KeasbyNights
Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:12 am
I saw the pics too, that was totally you! Awesome story man. Glad to hear. I met Ryan too and that guy.. what a wonderful human being. Love all of them. :D