Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#324028 by swervedriver
Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:26 am
Did you the Devin Townsend Project at The Circus in Helsinki? (looking at you Sarai ;) )

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!

#324045 by Cosmic Sea
Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Finally got these pictures cropped and uploaded! Sorry for the delay.

Awesome night! Devin was great, as usual, but I have to say Shining, who played first, put on such maniacally intense performance the other two had a hard time following. When Jørgen Munkeby put down his guitar and whipped out his saxophone for the first the crowd just went nuts! :D
Periphery I hand't heard before, so I listened to some tracks on Youtube the previous day. Their show didn't change the impression I got: cool progressive & complex parts, some Meshuggah-esque djentiness here and there, plus a competent, but in my opinion a somewhat generic sounding vocalist. Not 100% percent my cup of tea, but still something I could certainly give another listen or two.
This being my 8th Devin gig so far (counting in Casualties of Cool), the setlist had a nice mixture of new and older songs like "Night", "Namaste", and "Storm". The solo performance of "Ih-Ah" starting the encore was also something I wasn't expecting to hear.

--Shining--

--Periphery--

--DTP--