Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#231533 by Mikey
Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:05 pm
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at the House Of Blues in New Orleans, LA?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#231937 by almostagainagain
Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 am
We drove about 300 miles to go to this show and it was awesome. I'm not sure if New Orleans has a curfew or if it was just the house of blues or what but there was word of a curfew and Devin's set was no way near as long as I would have hoped it to be but that was quite alright.. I would have driven over 600 for even less time.. The Devin Townsend Project is a killer band to see live Brian is a solid as shit bass player Ryan is a hell of a machine and Dave holds his own without a problem.. speaking of problems there weren't as many at this show than Ive seen at the 2 earlier shows on the youtube posts They started with Disruptr and what a powerful song to open with I felt the emotion that Devin was projecting during this song and honestly I am fortunate to have heard it live Ryan added his own twist to this song you can tell it is him and not Duris though both are awesome drummers Ryan added a few different fills that set it off 100% unfortunatley there is no youtube upload for this song.. the second song they played was Supercrush and it was awesome during the verse Devin shared with us and that is all I'm gonna say because if you aren't there for this song live without anneke on vocals then you just cannot understand.. It was fun yet powerful watch the performance here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0LIqUj-UA *note these are not my videos I found them on youtube* I was told my ticketmaster that camera's were not allowed at the house of blues so I did not bring one.. then out of nowhere they played Kingdom.. and oh my god Devin's vocals were insanely operatic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32nvBkTs0Q the video did not do this song justice as the person who took the vid did not capture the 1st verse.. which is a shame anyways the DTP should re-record this song.. Devin's voice has shaped so much since Physicist the next song after Devin changed guitars was Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogYl9f91uCI then they played By Your Command which blew our faces off what a powerful song to hear live and the dynamics of everything all at once.. ahhhh "If there were to be 2 omnisciences I would be all three!!!" oh I forgot somewhere in there he played some OM! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyfuWS2ajA actually I think OM was played right after kingdom the guitar switch took place between the two songs.. The merch was cool I bought a DTP beanie for 15$ the shirts (including Ziltoid, Bend It Like Bender, DTP Designs and a few others were 20$ there were also posters not sure of their price and I belive some pics unsure again of those prices.. there were Hoodies very badass hoodies for 35$ but in lieu of running out of petro funds I decided to stick with a beanie and it has kept my skull very warm since.. sorry folks no pics of Devin hangin out.. we were from out of town and didnt know shit about the venue maybe someone local from NOLA could post some better content? wanna know the type of nerds we are we made it there within the first 15 people then 2 hours later we realized we were in the lunch line not the show line :evil: it sucked.. but well worth the extra hour of waiting.. if the DTP are coming near you.. go support them.. seriously Devin is awesome live so charismatic sorry if the video's should have been posted on the other thread just felt it was appropriate
#231941 by swervedriver
Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:44 am
Punctuation and paragraphs would greatly improve that post.
#232044 by greyfox5551
Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 am
Drove from Mobile to see this show, and as the first concert I've ever been to, it blew my mind. I came to see Devin play, but I stayed and watched the rest of the bands. They were good in their own way, but I could tell the crowd really got into it when Devin started to jam. I do have some pretty crappy cellphone pictures, but I won't post those. I got to talk to Devin a little bit...definitely numbering in one of the top 10 experiences in my life so far.
#232056 by almostagainagain
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 am
That's awesome that you got to talk to Dev. and even more awesome that you drove that far! I'm sure Dev appreciates that. When did you get to talk to him? I tried to find a way but I couldn't there was this big ass sign in the alley that said "you can not re-enter after this point" so I didn't go to where the tour bus was parked. you should post the pics even if they are a bit crappy I would like to see them.