Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#231784 by Mikey
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 am
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at The House Of Blues in Hollywod, CA?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#231792 by earworm
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 am
Im so bummed today we were in line and I had 2 tickets but a friend of my buddys who drove us didn't have one yet, he didn't know about the concert till that day. We were like 10 feet from entering when the guy said they were sold out. It sucked so bad, it was raining and all so we just left, me and my other buddy could have went in but that would have been pretty shady to our friend who drove us. Maybe next time, I hope devin will headline soon that would be awesome.
#231809 by Spaceman Spiff
Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm
Shit, I would have bought your two tickets. Couldn't pick any up beforehand for various reasons and found out they were sold out when we were pulling into the lot. Where were the scalpers when they were needed? Damn Angelinos and their fear of rain.
#231810 by reson
Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm
I was there with my fiance. Devin and band were great. They started with a cool version of Disruptr, heavy as shit, then went into an awesome Supercrush, which just killed. Then they played "one for the ladies" off of Physicist, which got the pit going. Then two from the Infinity era, Truth and Om, and closed with Ziltoid's By your Command. Devin had a shiny head and made lots of funny faces. It was 30 minutes of awesome, as advertised. Would love to see a full length concert!
#231826 by Mikey
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:02 pm
Setlist:

Disruptr
Supercrush
Kingdom
Truth
Om
By Your Command

Awesome show. Dev and the band sounded incredible.
#231832 by dalewis2007
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 pm
I do not think Devin's Voice could have sounded better, and the sound of the whole band was just so full and heavy. Such an awesome show, he better come back and do a headlining show. Hopefully it will be at the HOB, because their sound system always sounds so good.
#231838 by Ironhedd
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:31 pm
Despite all the crap we all had to go through, it was a great show! Everyone had to stand out in the rain while they set the first act up - Scale the Summit. Was it just me or did Devin NOT fit in with the type of people and music that was showcased? Scale the Summit, Cynic and BTBAM all have the same kind of jazz fusion metal noodling sound. Also, I can only guess why Dev didn't headline (too awesome for Americans??? Isn't full of himself?? Songs have a point??? Too old???) Still, even to see 6 songs was worth the $25. We left after his set after unsuccessfully trying to find him hangin' round outside. I also felt out of place for not having some type of obscure metal shirt on (saw Dark Funeral, Opeth, etc.)
#231844 by Jason
Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Really great show, worth the many year wait to finally see Devin live. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a.) how many people were excited for him (even made a new buddy because of this!) and b.) how crazy everyone went during the set. Also an extra special night for me as I waited around afterwards (after pretty much everyone else standing around left!) and finally caught Dev just as they were about to leave it looked like, and he graciously took a minute to take a treat from me, take a picture and listen to my nervous rambling. Great show all around! Like everyone, looking forward to a headlining gig!
#232014 by the_s_rabbit
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Guuff wrote:oh and dev sang annekes parts in supercrush! and he killed it! very very good.

Serious? In all the vids we've seen he just jokes around the whole time about how if they had money they'd have a massive choir of females.

And Cynic is legendary...they are true innovators. Focus blew everyone away in 1993, including myself. The drummer Sean set the bar for Gene Hoglan when he played on Death's "Human" album. Of course, Gene rose to the occasion and then some!

Man, I really want to see one of these shows.
I saw BTBAM on the Dream Theater and Opeth tour. I was pretty bored with them. There was another band on that tour, I can't remember the name, "3" something. I liked them better.
#232025 by Guuff
Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 pm
the_s_rabbit wrote:
Guuff wrote:oh and dev sang annekes parts in supercrush! and he killed it! very very good.

Serious? In all the vids we've seen he just jokes around the whole time about how if they had money they'd have a massive choir of females.

And Cynic is legendary...they are true innovators. Focus blew everyone away in 1993, including myself. The drummer Sean set the bar for Gene Hoglan when he played on Death's "Human" album. Of course, Gene rose to the occasion and then some!

Man, I really want to see one of these shows.
I saw BTBAM on the Dream Theater and Opeth tour. I was pretty bored with them. There was another band on that tour, I can't remember the name, "3" something. I liked them better.

Yeah dev sang her parts....since HOB hollywood doesn't allow filming i doubt there will be any videos of it....maybe in future dates. He sang her parts very well.
#232156 by Chazboski
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:12 am
I was able to sneak one video of Truth, but I haven't uploaded it yet, or even seen the quality myself. As soon as I get that up I'll put it out there.

The show was killer, I'm in the military and was put on notice that I could be deploying for Haiti the next day, which ruled out the show in San Fran. A buddy of mine and I made the 7 hour drive with no tickets, no place to stay, and just generally saying "fuck it, what's the worst that could happen". If you saw a tall scrawny white dude with a Boston accent running up and down yelling about extra tickets... ya sorry about that....
#232975 by Tiina
Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm
Agreed, the pre-show line out in the rain for half an hour was supremely bad management on the part of House of Blues. However, I would have waited longer to see the show as this was my first experience of Devin + crew.

'Truth' from Infinity, was so beautiful and joyful I felt like the stage was going to lift off its foundation. In fact, the entire set was incredibly uplifting and I loved the diversity of songs they played from the solo stuff. Devin seemed very happy, full of life and energy which was so great to experience & see. I was also surprised to see so many young kids at front of stage, moshing and headbanging - totally awesome!! And Devin played it up, whipping the crowd into a rockin' pit with his witticisms and animated persona. Thirty minutes was a tragically short set but the band was really tight, spot on and just fantastic.

Was a special treat to see Cynic as well – we were standing next to the singer/guitarist’s cousin, and he was explaining how into yoga his cousin was when he started trying to lead the crowd in a yogic posture. Pretty cool. They sounded better than ever, the new music kicked ass and the visuals they projected on a screen above the stage were trippy and spiritual.
#233051 by Hurls34
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm
I was at this show and just made it after a hellacious roadtrip from Anaheim.
I started out in L.A. and headed to Anaheim to check out NAMM. I was there for a few hours, actually ran into TM Stevens, which was really cool, but outside of that not a lot was going on. After a few hours I headed to Disney Land at 3 p.m. with the mindset that I had to be back on the road by 6 p.m. to catch Devin's show. By 6 p.m. I got off space mountain and jumped into my renta car to head back to LA when the GPS went on the fritz... had to get directions to I-5 before the GPS finally kicked into gear.
I was flying down the highway making killer time before I hit traffic at about 7:30-ish.
No problem, I figured Devin would go on at about 8 p.m.
The GPS directed me to the House of Blues and I thought I was done, only to find out that it directed me to the friggin' coporate office of the house of blues, the real house of blue was 3-4 miles down the strip..... This is when I thought I was in trouble.
So I floor it down the strip and next thing I know I'm by the Whisky A Go-Go, which meant I flew right past it... Now I know I'm really in trouble.
So I pull a U-Turn and finally make it down there only to see a big friggin line of people waiting to get in... WTF?
Anyway after waiting through this line I finally got in just as Devin took the stage.
He was amazing and sounded great, I only wish he played longer....

By the time Cynic came on, I was chowing down on a chicken sandwich at the bar.
For the record, outside of Devin, I've never heard of any of these bands before and basically thought the show was over after Devin left the stage. i hung out to see all the bands, but left three quarters of the way through Burieds set.

I'm going to the Boston show this week, will probably stay for just Devin before bolting.