Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#232088 by Mikey
Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at Cervantes in Denver, CO?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#232152 by Ultraspontane
Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 am
I wanted to meet Devin so badly. He's the reason I went to this show. I painted a T-shirt and everything. I got to meet the guys from the other bands, but I couldn't find Devin anywhere. :sad:

He did put on a fantastic show, though. The band sounded tight, and Devs voice was incredible. Definitely one of the best shows I've been to in a long time!

The other bands were killer as well. What a great tour. Talk about getting your money's worth!
#232175 by Mcreevy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 am
Call me the total new guy here, but who is touring with Devin, on guitar?? Mark is not out there with Devin, is he??

I recognize Ryan & Brian, but who's on guitar?
#232176 by jamonkeya50
Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 am
Amazing. First time seeing devin play live and hope not the last. soon to havepics. as i yelled at the show, PLEASE COME TO DENVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for the rest of the project. in my opinion just dev and the headliners should of been there. dev was the show stealer!!!! once again amazing! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
#232177 by Biert
Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 am
Mcreevy wrote:Call me the total new guy here, but who is touring with Devin, on guitar?? Mark is not out there with Devin, is he??

I recognize Ryan & Brian, but who's on guitar?

Dave Young, who also played keyboards in Devin Townsend Band, and on Ki.
#232232 by Lane
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:03 pm
Amazing, psychotic performance...the crowd really got into it. Similar 30 minute setlist to the other shows...

Disruptr
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Truth
Some heavy jam that got people moshing
By Your Command

Did I miss anything?
#232274 by a.d.
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm
It was great to see Devin for the first time. Loved the show. But 30 minutes?.. No, seriously, just 30 minutes? WTF? :( Also, the audience sucked big time.
Please come again to Denver!

PS. Scale the Summit were good, though a little monotonous. Cynic rocked.
#232286 by Hyperviolence
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm
Weird he hasn't changed the setlist up, he said he was going to on twitter. No biggie, I don't really have any problems with the songs he's been playing except I'd rather hear Addicted instead of Supercrush and the fact that Om has been shortened to two minutes.
#232347 by The Dev
Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 am
Yeah sorry...we have EXACTLY 30 minutes, so changing the set has brought forth problems...

Plus there's a constant stream of interviews etc that is making set changes really difficult.

There's talk of a headline run, at that point there will be everything. This tour is almost an advertisement.

Thanks for the support!
#232367 by TallNerdGuy
Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 pm
The Dev wrote:There's talk of a headline run, at that point there will be everything.

[epic movie voice] Every Devin Townsend album ever made played live. From Ocean Machine to Ghost. One day. No bathroom breaks. Devython 2010. [/epic movie voice]

Goofiness aside though, with regard to the setlist deal, I think that if the band has a setlist that features a handful of notable songs from the Dev's catalog and fits within the time limit, thats just fine by me. Apart from polling fans in every city about what songs they want to hear live, it would be impossible to please everyone. I'm just pumped that I'll finally be able to see some the Dev's tunes played live, even if it is just a sampling of things to come.
#232375 by pyr0x
Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:51 pm
Yea the set being limited to 30 minutes was pretty tortuous, haha. Despite the short length the performance was amazing! I can't get over how great Devin's vocals were. The rest of the band performed fantastic too. I cannot fucking WAIT for a headlining tour to Denver. I kept an eye out for Devin the entire rest of the show hoping I could talk to him about nerdy audiophile shit :D. I spent a lot of time looking for him in the front and behind the venue after the show. A few other fans, along with myself, spent a good amount of time waiting in the alley hoping Devin would magically appear but were unsuccessful :(. Maybe next time!

Thanks for the awesome performance Devin! I enjoyed every second of it. Oh, and maybe it was good thing we didn't find you because my wife was about to divorce me when you started singing Anekke's part on Supercrush! :P Sounded great!
#232392 by a.d.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:52 pm
The Dev wrote:There's talk of a headline run, at that point there will be everything.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............ YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Sorry :)
#232398 by bozzltov
Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 pm
hey Dev... if you guys do a headline run, it would be grand if it could be on a weekend in Chicago some time after May. haha! I'll be in Basic Training in Chicago from March until May, then another 6 months for my job training in Chicago. I'll be at your upcoming Philly show, pretending that I still have my long hair. :D

ps. I know that it's not up to you when your tours go, same with where they go... but, I can dream!