Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#232476 by Mikey
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:49 pm
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at the Majestic Theatre in Detroit, MI?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#232488 by deltawing
Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am
Great show!

Disruptr
Supercrush
Kingdom
Om?
Truth
By Your Command

Scale the Summit was way better than I expected, never heard of them before this show, bought both cds, great band.

Devin ruled, hilarious faces he made were great to watch, and watching him put on a bra on stage was funny, too lol
#232500 by lt89
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 am
I had high expectations for the show, and they were exceeded. By only having 30 minutes to work with, Devin and the band put on a show that was intense from beginning to end. It was a great balance of musicianship and entertainment, with neither benefiting at the other's expense. Vocally, Devin was very impressive. Highlights of the show, for me, were Supercrush, Truth, and By Your Command. If you get a chance to see them, do it. You won't be disappointed.

I had to leave after Devin, so the only other band I saw was Scale The Summit. They were impressive. A very talented instrumental prog/fusion band.
#232517 by KaneRobot
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 pm
I'm pretty sure Om was after Truth? That's what I had written down, anyway. Looks right to me besides that.

Great show - it flew by, but you know what you're getting into when you aren't there to see the headliner. I was too lazy to go when he last came here 4 or 5 years ago so I wasn't missing it again. "Fart into the microphone prior to the set starting" should be a tradition at every show if it isn't already.

After their set, my friend and I went out back and Devin was kind enough to stand out there in the cold and talk to my friend and I (along with a few other people) for what had to be over 20 minutes, with topics ranging from music to parenthood. Pic of me with Dev here - http://i48.tinypic.com/2s8fp6x.jpg

Despite the brevity, by the time I got back to my car it hit me that this was one of the better concert experiences I've ever had.
#232520 by DanG
Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Fantastic set by DTP! They stole the show. The Majestic Theater was sold out. I'll add that Devin sang Anneke's part during "Supercrush!," which I haven't seen on the YouTube vids.
#232547 by deerhunt3r
Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:20 pm
Supremely awesome show put on by the Dev. The crowd seemed pretty :zzz: during most of his set, but me and some others started moshing during By Your Command. :mrgreen: Which was amazing. And I managed to get RVP's drumstick. But then somebody stole it from out of my pocket when I was tying my shoe during BTBAM's set. :( Which was insane. The place was totally packed and I was nearly squashed to death halfway through BTBAM's set, I actually had to retire to the rear of the mosh pit on occasion.
#232557 by mxtrav
Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:32 pm
There were so many damn people there, holy crap. And Dev was amazing as to be expected. "Thank god were not at Harpo's!" lol, fact! Got really annoyed with all the scene kids though, fucking crowd surfing is so stupid and annoying.

KaneRobot wrote:After their set, my friend and I went out back and Devin was kind enough to stand out there in the cold and talk to my friend and I (along with a few other people) for what had to be over 20 minutes, with topics ranging from music to parenthood. Pic of me with Dev here - http://i48.tinypic.com/2s8fp6x.jpg

Despite the brevity, by the time I got back to my car it hit me that this was one of the better concert experiences I've ever had.

Damn you! My friends and I stuck around to see Cynic (whom were incredibly disappointing for me, I am really not a big fan of Traced In Air and that was pretty much all they played aside from one song), was lookin for Dev all the time but never spotted him. :(
#232564 by TallNerdGuy
Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm
The Youtube videos that I watched prior to the show to kinda get a taste of what it might be like only hinted at what an overwhelming performance the DTP can put on. For a 30 minute time limit, they packed in a lot of grandiose grooves, but I wish they would have traded spots with Cynic, who seemed to have a slightly longer set and weren't nearly as well-received by the audience. My brother, who apparently is a big Cynic fan, told me that I'd dig Cynic and that I should watch, so I did. But while they were all kinds of well versed in the realm of prog metal and their tunes had their moments, their lack of a consistent groove left me wishing that I had left prior to their set...especially now that I read that Devin was outside chilling with some fans at that point. But it was a damn good set and a great first experience seeing the Dev play live...the build up to the climax at the end of By Your Command will go down as one of my favorite live music moments EVER.
#232689 by ztoultimatecoffee
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm
FINALLY i got to see dev! WOW what a fucking show. he stole the night. BTBAM is usually good, but their mix sucked the first two songs so i left. i came from columbus, ohio just to see dev. play a 30 minute set. worth every penny spent and every mile put on my car. im just keeping my fingers crossed for a headlining tour complete with ziltoid puppet show. :lol: im kinda curious as to why the setlist he has been playing the past few dates had a couple songs left out. i was really looking forward to ziltoidia attaxx! o well, still made my fuckin month.
#232715 by deltawing
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm
mxtrav wrote:There were so many damn people there, holy crap. And Dev was amazing as to be expected. "Thank god were not at Harpo's!" lol, fact! Got really annoyed with all the scene kids though, fucking crowd surfing is so stupid and annoying.

KaneRobot wrote:After their set, my friend and I went out back and Devin was kind enough to stand out there in the cold and talk to my friend and I (along with a few other people) for what had to be over 20 minutes, with topics ranging from music to parenthood. Pic of me with Dev here - http://i48.tinypic.com/2s8fp6x.jpg

Damn you! My friends and I stuck around to see Cynic (whom were incredibly disappointing for me, I am really not a big fan of Traced In Air and that was pretty much all they played aside from one song), was lookin for Dev all the time but never spotted him. :(

Yeah Cynic was super underwhelming, wtf at making us do yoga?

They're enjoyable in the studio, but live, yeah, they're a snorefest.

I was really butthurt over the lack of Veil of Maya
#232738 by TallNerdGuy
Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 pm
I remember checking the time on my phone shortly after the DTP's set, and if I remember correctly it was 9:45 at that point. So I think its safe to say that they went on at about 9:15 or so.
#232741 by DanG
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 pm
mxtrav wrote:There were so many damn people there, holy crap. And Dev was amazing as to be expected. "Thank god were not at Harpo's!" lol, fact! Got really annoyed with all the scene kids though, fucking crowd surfing is so stupid and annoying.

No doubt. There was a 'tough guy' hardcore kid in a wifebeater near me that was super annoying. I stayed right up front through Cynic, but chilled in the back for BTBAM so I didn't have to be around the Victory Records crowd. And Harpo's does suck!