Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#233012 by Mikey
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at the Opera House in Toronto, ON?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#233016 by twoheadedboy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:36 pm
Incredible show. The sound was a little boomy at my position, but the band played great and Devin was extremely energetic. My girlfriend and her roommate really enjoyed it. After loading the bus, Devin was kind enough to hang around in the cold and talk with myself and others. Dev - thanks for signing the crayon on my Addicted t-shirt. You drew a face, and I think it has testicles.
#233022 by elvendio
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 pm
What a show! Devin was full of energy is right! The audiance was pumped and loving every moment. The mosh pit was rocking and Devin and the band sounded amazing. Super on the vocals and you could see Dev was feeding off the crowd. He sang Anekes parts in supercrush amazingly as well.

We went to the tour bus and like thoheadedboy said Dev packed his gear then hung out with his fans for autographs and photos. I told him that I thought it was awsome how he takes the time to interact with his fans on the forums here and he told me all about how he got sober and how much he apriciates his fans and the peeps who help pay his bills. He was such a down to earth guy and a pleasure to talk to I just wish i would have thought to ask him to bring out Ziltoid off the bus for some pics.

Here's me and my kids with The Dev. The BLAM sign is kind of a nerd thing it's for my online gaming clan brothers BLAM clan.
#233027 by twoheadedboy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm
elvendio wrote:What a show! Devin was full of energy is right! The audiance was pumped and loving every moment. The mosh pit was rocking and Devin and the band sounded amazing. Super on the vocals and you could see Dev was feeding off the crowd. He sang Anekes parts in supercrush amazingly as well.

We went to the tour bus and like thoheadedboy said Dev packed his gear then hung out with his fans for autographs and photos. I told him that I thought it was awsome how he takes the time to interact with his fans on the forums here and he told me all about how he got sober and how much he apriciates his fans and the peeps who help pay his bills. He was such a down to earth guy and a pleasure to talk to I just wish i would have thought to ask him to bring out Ziltoid off the bus for some pics.

Here's me and my kids with The Dev. The BLAM sign is kind of a nerd thing it's for my online gaming clan brothers BLAM clan.

Hey, I saw you guys hanging out and waiting after the set as well. Glad to see that you got such a great photo!
#233030 by Thebruce88
Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm
I took a 6 of my friends to this concert, all of which have heard at most 2 albums (a few times each, MAYBE), and at the lower end, a few songs. All of them thought that Dev put on the best show of the night. His showmanship, his enthusiasm, his fucking voice... it was fantastic.

Scale the Summit and BTBAM put on solid enough shows. The crowd was really going for BTBAM, but they were the headliners after all. Cynic was... okay. I like them, but they really aren't a good live band. Their show was pretty boring.

Really, my only quibble was the choice to play By Your Command. It's a fantastic song, but the last 4 minutes are Dev playing arpeggios with overdubs in the background. If he wanted to go the Ziltoid route, maybe Color your World would have worked better, seeing as how that song would be lacking in overdubs.

Regardless, I can't wait to see Dev headlining a tour next year. I've only recently became a fan, not long after Ziltoid came out, and when I originally heard he never wanted to tour again, I was disappointed. But now that I've seen him, and he seems rejuvenated, I can't wait for the next few years of musical output. :guitar:
#233046 by the3fanatic
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 pm
This was my first time seeing Devy in concert! THE BEST 30 MINUTES OF MUSIC, I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

Absolutely flawless, and so funny on stage. Can't for the headlining tour later this year! Got Devy to sign my Addicted CD, and I met his drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen which was soooo awesome to chat music with.

here some pics I shot:

and the pic with Ryan:

#233054 by Matt08642
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm
I can't believe I missed this :(:(:(

Oh well, if Devy does a headlining tour, I will HAVE to go. Like, it will be impossible to stop me.