Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#249270 by Mikey
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 pm
Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at Studio Seven in Seattle?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#249287 by Jormungandr
Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Just got back from my trip to Seattle to see the show actually. Pretty exhausted. Came from Missoula, Montana, it was quite a trip. It was well worth it though. Aside from the music being great, Dev is such a fantastic entertainer. Several technical problems, but I was never upset about it, Dev did a great job of smoothing it over with jokes. It was my first time seeing Devin live, and I was pretty stunned with how well everything translated to a live setting. His vocals were spot on (mostly), and I was hearing a lot of stuff that seems to be buried in the mixing on the albums. Oh, and Deadhead, the second time around, was absolutely fucking killer.
#249315 by drukore
Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm
Devin and Co. came out and opened with "Addicted" and "Supercrush!" which got he crowd in a pretty stoked mood. Though they were rabid to begin with....followed up with classics like "Kingdom" "Truth" and "Om". Apparently Dev over-tweeked his rig before the show because he had issues with some of the settings. Before "Deadhead" he stopped it because "you can't do this without your fancy pants echo". He blasted into "By Your Command" which got the crowd whipped into chaos, managed to pull off a great live back to back of "Gaia" and "Pixalate". During "Life" he bolted from the stage and went upstairs to get the bar crowd into it, while continuing to play, and came back downstairs to state "thats what we call in Canada 'Ackward!!!"

The encore consisted of "Color Your World" "The Greys" and "Deep Peace". Which his wireless gave out on him so he had to hardwire a cord to it to finish out.

All in all, it was an amazing set of course. Only slight complains were no female singer to do more off the new album and no massive arena rock guitar solo. But Dev played amazing as always, was super hilarious and if you didn't get DevSpit on you, you never were ever there. He spit everywhere lol. I would've also preferred something off of "Ki" which he didn't play anything. Was hoping for "Disruptor". But I'm sure he'll be back for the new albums. Considering this was my 10th total time seeing a Dev band live, I was extremely pleased and had a rockin' good time. The crowd was happy and bouncy lol.
#249647 by thisiskendrawr
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Jormungandr wrote:Just got back from my trip to Seattle to see the show actually. Pretty exhausted. Came from Missoula, Montana, it was quite a trip. It was well worth it though. Aside from the music being great, Dev is such a fantastic entertainer. Several technical problems, but I was never upset about it, Dev did a great job of smoothing it over with jokes. It was my first time seeing Devin live, and I was pretty stunned with how well everything translated to a live setting. His vocals were spot on (mostly), and I was hearing a lot of stuff that seems to be buried in the mixing on the albums. Oh, and Deadhead, the second time around, was absolutely fucking killer.

Hey, I remember you! Well, maybe...I think there were three of you who came from MO, one of you crazy kids was standing by me, telling my husbands friend about your trip. I'm with you, I would travel great distances for the dev, but thankfully I didn't have to that night :D

I'll post my own review in a bit.
#249975 by Quinnzor
Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 am
Fantastic show.
Had a nice little chat w/ Dan from TesseracT.
Missed Darkest Grace though.
Wasn't too bummed.
Just wondering, is Mr. Suit w/ Gas Mask on the forums?
If so, you are my hero.