Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#250090 by Mikey
Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 am
Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at The Note in West Chester, PA?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#250114 by ohmk
Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 am
good god man, what did you do? carry 2 trashbags worth of shit in there for him to sign? that's a bit over the top but cool story about earth day
#250116 by SyntheticBreed
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 am
Over the top? Maybe but I don't think so. I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign? He appreciated it more than you'd imagine man. He thanked me at least 10-15 times. To transport the cds, I merely took out the artwork, also the digipaks, and put them in a cd carrier. Fit in a small, lightweight backpack. He was blown away so I guess it depends on the person's point of view if it is over the top or not hahahaha. I think it was fitting and besides, who wouldn't want Devin's complete discography totally signed by the man himself? :wink:
#250119 by angusruler
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am
ohmk wrote:good god man, what did you do? carry 2 trashbags worth of shit in there for him to sign? that's a bit over the top but cool story about earth day

gotta agree. it was over the top.

it was a great show!!!!
much better than at jaxx the night before. nicer venue, people, and especially, the sound system was MUCH better! :guitar:
#250122 by Billbo
Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:38 pm
This was a great, great, great show.

I came with all of my friends, who are modest Dev fans, but they all loved it as well. Periphery and Tesseract were both really cool and great live.

As soon as we got to the Note, all of my under 21 friends went upstairs. My two friends and I that were 21 and over went right to the bar. My friend called me and told me to come upstairs, "He's up here" he said, "We all met him. He's so fucking nice dude, come up". I went upstairs and met Devin. He said hi and I said thank you for the music and to have an awesome show. He said thanks for being there and happy birthday (my friends told him I was a devhead and that my birthday was sunday).

So right before Earth Day, he looks at his hand (which has my name written on it) and says "Happy birthday to Billy Lockhart!"

I almost shat my pants.

My first Dev show and what a great one. This guy is a total class act. I'll support him for years to come. I'd love to sit down and have a conversation with him.

Not to mention, made me realize I have amazing friends (they asked Devin to wish me a happy birthday).
#250125 by ohmk
Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 pm
SyntheticBreed wrote:Over the top? Maybe but I don't think so. I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign? He appreciated it more than you'd imagine man. He thanked me at least 10-15 times. To transport the cds, I merely took out the artwork, also the digipaks, and put them in a cd carrier. Fit in a small, lightweight backpack. He was blown away so I guess it depends on the person's point of view if it is over the top or not hahahaha. I think it was fitting and besides, who wouldn't want Devin's complete discography totally signed by the man himself? :wink:

I think there's a line between being a huge fan and worshipping someone :D

Not to mention it probably gave him a hand cramp from signing 1 person's things! Think about all the other people he has to talk to and sign shit for...haha. Then you have the nerve to say it was your 3rd fave concert...jeebus. I really don't want to judge you negatively but I just scrolled over your pics again and can't believe how much shit you took! That's insane! hahaha

I'm just not one for materials...I have the memories.
#250127 by SyntheticBreed
Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:26 pm
ohmk wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:Over the top? Maybe but I don't think so. I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign? He appreciated it more than you'd imagine man. He thanked me at least 10-15 times. To transport the cds, I merely took out the artwork, also the digipaks, and put them in a cd carrier. Fit in a small, lightweight backpack. He was blown away so I guess it depends on the person's point of view if it is over the top or not hahahaha. I think it was fitting and besides, who wouldn't want Devin's complete discography totally signed by the man himself? :wink:

I think there's a line between being a huge fan and worshipping someone :D

Not to mention it probably gave him a hand cramp from signing 1 person's things! Think about all the other people he has to talk to and sign shit for...haha. Then you have the nerve to say it was your 3rd fave concert...jeebus. I really don't want to judge you negatively but I just scrolled over your pics again and can't believe how much shit you took! That's insane! hahaha

I'm just not one for materials...I have the memories.

I'm not the worshipping type bro and why would you judge a fellow fan for meeting someone he greatly respects negatively. I love Devin, but enjoy Sybreed and Katatonia more, no nerve there. I get a lot of things signed at every show man. At least I actually buy the music compared to people out there who just download it for free. I also have the memories, especially the fantastic conversation we had during the 30 minutes where he took me into the note and signed everything. Priceless. Just because I brought my entire collection of Devy merch doesn't mean I worship the guy so please don't assume that bro. I'm just a guy who loves the music and wanted to have each of his albums signed. I proved to Devin how much i respect him and his music and he was very thankful for it. The reason I got there early was so Dev and I could do exactly what we did, so I didn't take up anyone else's time during the VIP meet and greet. I did this for Katatonia as well. Jonas, Anders, and Daniel signed 75 things each and were happy to do it. I'm not crazy or anything buddy, I just love the music. And as for the "materials" those are his albums, you know with his music on it. Physical copies > digital files. I'm sure if Dev had a problem with signing all of it ihe wouldn't have. I told him how many things I had to be signed and he laughed and said that's fucking awesome dude, I'll signed it all. What a fucking guy! :D
#250132 by ajk5132
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:11 pm
To start, the opening bands were really entertaining. the Kesseract was really out there, and really a great energy. Periphery was a half hour metal guitargasm. wow.

Then came Dev.
Addicted
Supercrush
Kingdom
Deadhead
Truth
Om
by your Command
Life

then he announced billy lockharte's birthday (billy i was standing one person over to your right and up a little... i celebrated with you, hahah)

he tells that he's going to play a song because someone has been emailing him about it so much.

Earth day
bad Devil

then he took a break so the band could take a poo

Color your world
The greys
Ki(ish)
Deep Peace

then i waited afterwards and my friends and i met the whole band briefly while we waited for Dev at the bar. then he came out and hung for a bit with those who waited. we gave him our ridiculous band demo that we've been doing since 2004 as a hilarious outlet of our talents and senses of humor. it's an epic tale of a goat who has to destroy the evil horse empire. yeah, when i found ziltoid, i thought immediately of how it reminded me of chorizo (our band). i asked him to produce for us! hahahah :lol: then he hung with us and took a few pictures with us.

i know everyone knows this already, but, as nice as everyone says he is, and as nice as he seems in interviews... he's nicer. humble, down to earth, and a class act. wish i coulda hung for a bit more.

it was simply the best show i've ever been to. best performance. best venue sound. most intimate audience. best after show experience. and i got to meet the Dev. i wonder if he'll listen to our demo?
#250169 by Borza
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:07 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:
The VIP show consisted (what I remembered and correct me if I'm wrong) 2 songs, Coast and Ih-Ah. He answered a lot of questions. I asked him about the DTP box set details. He was thinking of releasing a VERY limited version with a dreadlock amongst others special items in it, limited to 10 copies worldwide. Pricing he said ti was most likely going to be over $1000.00! Start saving now. As the the regular box set with all the bonus items, expect to pay around $50.00! Not bad!

Wow, 50 bucks is a steal, even with the shipping here, it should be more! I'm getting that one for sure.
As for the very limited edition, HOLY SHIT, that's a lot, did he say it like intentionally exaggerating or for real? I am however in no doubt they will be sold. Devy deserves all the money we can throw at him :D .
#250170 by SyntheticBreed
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 am
Borza wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:
The VIP show consisted (what I remembered and correct me if I'm wrong) 2 songs, Coast and Ih-Ah. He answered a lot of questions. I asked him about the DTP box set details. He was thinking of releasing a VERY limited version with a dreadlock amongst others special items in it, limited to 10 copies worldwide. Pricing he said ti was most likely going to be over $1000.00! Start saving now. As the the regular box set with all the bonus items, expect to pay around $50.00! Not bad!

Wow, 50 bucks is a steal, even with the shipping here, it should be more! I'm getting that one for sure.
As for the very limited edition, HOLY SHIT, that's a lot, did he say it like intentionally exaggerating or for real? I am however in no doubt they will be sold. Devy deserves all the money we can throw at him :D .

I thought he was joking myself so i asked him about it a second time. He said ti would probably be made of driftwood and include one of his dreads.

Regarding the negative stuff, you guys are clowns. I bet you probably illegally downloaded his shit anyways, not supporting anyone. I had an amazing time.It's incredible how random people on the internet comment about things that have nothing to do with them, great work! I don't care, I've got his entire collection signed and I'm fucking stoked about it. hahahahha. Any Devy collector would be proud of this signed stuff that took me years to acquire. :mrgreen:

Anyways, yea I am definitely passing on the super box set. If they have an in-between one for $100.00 I might pick it up. Maybe if it came with some signed booklets or something, that'd be pretty cool.
#250171 by ohmk
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:Regarding the negative stuff, you guys are clowns. I bet you probably illegally downloaded his shit anyways, not supporting anyone. I had an amazing time.It's incredible how random people on the internet comment about things that have nothing to do with them, great work! I don't care, I've got his entire collection signed and I'm fucking stoked about it. hahahahha. Any Devy collector would be proud of this signed stuff that took me years to acquire. :mrgreen:

Anyways, yea I am definitely passing on the super box set. If they have an in-between one for $100.00 I might pick it up. Maybe if it came with some signed booklets or something, that'd be pretty cool.

Any Devy collector? I'm definitely not a 'collector'. I buy his music to listen to, not to collect. I could show you all of my cds as well but I don't need to shove it in Dev's face to prove I'm a huge fan.

In fact, I'm currently making a website for a band for free. How's that for supporting music?

No one is jealous of you, just so you know.