Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#250173 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:56 am
ppinkham wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:Over the top? Maybe but I don't think so. I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign? He appreciated it more than you'd imagine man. He thanked me at least 10-15 times. To transport the cds, I merely took out the artwork, also the digipaks, and put them in a cd carrier. Fit in a small, lightweight backpack. He was blown away so I guess it depends on the person's point of view if it is over the top or not hahahaha. I think it was fitting and besides, who wouldn't want Devin's complete discography totally signed by the man himself? :wink:

I think it is cool Dev signed all your stuff, but in my opinion, it seems like you kind of abused his hospitality, you know? He's obviously not a dick, has said many times he is happy to sign everything, so he probably isn't going to say 'no,' even if he doesn't want to do it. IMO, it seems a tad disrespectful. Just my opinion, of course. I couldn't imagine imposing myself upon a person like that, especially one whose work I enjoyed and respected so much. Not to mention it was before a show, he has a lot more to sign for other people, and he has to play guitar for a couple of hours on top of it all.

Dev was probably cool with it, and I doubt he was sitting there thinking "I can't believe the nerve of this guy!" Still, I can't imagine he was really all that happy about it, you know?

very well said.
#250175 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 am
swervedriver wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:Over the top? Maybe but I don't think so. I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign? He appreciated it more than you'd imagine man. He thanked me at least 10-15 times. To transport the cds, I merely took out the artwork, also the digipaks, and put them in a cd carrier. Fit in a small, lightweight backpack. He was blown away so I guess it depends on the person's point of view if it is over the top or not hahahaha. I think it was fitting and besides, who wouldn't want Devin's complete discography totally signed by the man himself? :wink:

Well... what ppinkham said.

I fucking love Devin's music and what better way to show it then to bring my collection for him to sign?

I dunno.. rock out at the show, tell him about your collection, thank him for the good moments his music brought in your life, take a kooky picture. In my view you don't make him go "please sign here.. aand here.. aand here.. aand here" (repeat ad nauseam). To me it comes across as imposing, and quite selfish in a way. I might even ask the question why Dev's acknowledgment of your fan-ness is so important.

Of course, the way I see things is seldom the way everyone else sees things. If someone approaches me and asks for my autograph 75 times I'd be worrying about insurance fraud.

LOL!!!

and then them saying, "you've been served!"
#250176 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 am
ohmk wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:Regarding the negative stuff, you guys are clowns. I bet you probably illegally downloaded his shit anyways, not supporting anyone. I had an amazing time.It's incredible how random people on the internet comment about things that have nothing to do with them, great work! I don't care, I've got his entire collection signed and I'm fucking stoked about it. hahahahha. Any Devy collector would be proud of this signed stuff that took me years to acquire. :mrgreen:

Anyways, yea I am definitely passing on the super box set. If they have an in-between one for $100.00 I might pick it up. Maybe if it came with some signed booklets or something, that'd be pretty cool.

Any Devy collector? I'm definitely not a 'collector'. I buy his music to listen to, not to collect. I could show you all of my cds as well but I don't need to shove it in Dev's face to prove I'm a huge fan.

In fact, I'm currently making a website for a band for free. How's that for supporting music?

No one is jealous of you, just so you know.

i wish i had balls as big as his! though i wouldn't feel the need to show them like "he" does.
#250177 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:04 am
when dev plays pa. again, hopefully, unless "please sign here" boy has scared him from doing so, i'm going early and smack d-bag in the back of the head! :chain:
then i'll ask dev to sign his forehead!! (with a hammer!)
#250179 by SyntheticBreed
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:17 am
ohmk wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:Regarding the negative stuff, you guys are clowns. I bet you probably illegally downloaded his shit anyways, not supporting anyone. I had an amazing time.It's incredible how random people on the internet comment about things that have nothing to do with them, great work! I don't care, I've got his entire collection signed and I'm fucking stoked about it. hahahahha. Any Devy collector would be proud of this signed stuff that took me years to acquire. :mrgreen:

Anyways, yea I am definitely passing on the super box set. If they have an in-between one for $100.00 I might pick it up. Maybe if it came with some signed booklets or something, that'd be pretty cool.

Any Devy collector? I'm definitely not a 'collector'. I buy his music to listen to, not to collect. I could show you all of my cds as well but I don't need to shove it in Dev's face to prove I'm a huge fan.

In fact, I'm currently making a website for a band for free. How's that for supporting music?

Jesus man, way to twist everything. I collect his music to listen to it, you didn't see any duplicates in my collection. I love all of his music. As for jealousy, I hope no one's jealous, any one of you can go out there and do the same thing. As for running a forum, I run the forum for Sybreed, the people on there are more open and less judgmental. This is why it took me so long to post on this forum, clowns like you bro. I'm glad I don't know you man, being around you would be a huge downer for anyone. Glad you all know Devin so well as to assume he was upset to sign my stuff. Anyways, surprised some of Devin's fans don't support one another, instead they bash each other for things they have nothing to do with.
Last edited by SyntheticBreed on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#250182 by ohmk
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:34 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:
ohmk wrote:

Jesus man, way to twist everything. I collect his music to listen to it, you didn't see any duplicates in my collection. I love all of his music. As for jealousy, I hope no one's jealous, any one of you can go out there and do the same thing. As for running a forum, I run the forum for Sybreed, the people on there are more open and less judgmental. This is why it took me so long to post on this forum, clowns like you bro. I'm glad I don't know you man, being around you would be a huge downer for anyone. Glad you all know Devin so well as to assume he was upset to sign my stuff. Anyways, I'm done on here. Surprised Devin's fans dont't support one another, instead bashing each other for things they have nothing to do it. Anonymous internet insults are pathetic guys hahahahaha.

Listen man, no hard feelings. I actually rarely post here myself. And I'm hardly anonymous...you can see my picture in the most recent Springfield show thread if you really cared to.

No one said Devin was upset. But there's no way in hell he's going to act weird when a dude that obviously loves everything he does asks him to sign it all. Of course he's flattered. But I just don't understand how you can't see from a different point of view that taking every thing you've ever owned that involved Devin signed by Devin just to store in a closet.

In fact, when I was in line to get my picture taken at the end of the VIP in Springfield, I asked if he liked doing all of this with his fans. He told me he's a huge introvert and isn't always in the mood for doing it but he really appreciates everyone buying the VIP to support the tour. I told him thanks and that I felt bad for wanting a picture with him on the streets of Cleveland in January. He said it didn't bother him but I could tell deep down he'd like to keep to himself most of the time.
#250184 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:41 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:
ohmk wrote:

Jesus man, way to twist everything. I collect his music to listen to it, you didn't see any duplicates in my collection. I love all of his music. As for jealousy, I hope no one's jealous, any one of you can go out there and do the same thing. As for running a forum, I run the forum for Sybreed, the people on there are more open and less judgmental. This is why it took me so long to post on this forum, clowns like you bro. I'm glad I don't know you man, being around you would be a huge downer for anyone. Glad you all know Devin so well as to assume he was upset to sign my stuff. Anyways, I'm done on here. Surprised Devin's fans dont't support one another, instead bashing each other for things they have nothing to do it. Anonymous internet insults are pathetic guys hahahahaha.

when someone is confronted about their actions, it is normal for one's first response to be anger, as you have proven. the best thing to do is respect, and try to understand someone elses position and move on. not to be so defensive, as you are being.
#250186 by SyntheticBreed
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 am
I'm not being defensive bro it's just the fact that I was excited about the whole thing. I'm 24 years old and was debating about bringing all of it the entire time. I did look at it from everyone's point of view. But I spent all of that money on the albums over the years, and it only took 15 minutes out of his time to sign all of it. So by the end of it, I decided that it was cool and asked him up front if he had a problem with it, he said no not at all, I'd love to sign all of it, knowing foremost the number of things I brought, which I told him the exact number beforehand. I wasn't angry either, just surprised that Devin's fans go straight to being negative about something like this than to simply say that's awesome or congratulations. Doesn't feel like a very positive place. Only thing that made me angry was ohmk saying no one is jealous of me, wasn't looking for anyone to be jealous fellas, just wanted to show what an amazing time I had. That was a very rude thing to say and to assume.

But whatever it's cool. It is the internet after all, so who gives a shit? hahaha
#250191 by angusruler
Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:09 am
i was waiting after the show, hoping to run into ryan. i have a pic of the accelerated evolution album cover, and was hoping he'd sign it. dev, brian, and dave had signed it the night before at Jaxx. i felt a tap on my shoulder....i turned around...and guess what....it was ryan! he asked if i would take some pics of dtp, tesseract, and periphery. of course i said yes! but, only if he would sign my pic first! he asked my name, signed my pic, and shook my hand.i haven't met a whole lot of professional musicians, but, the dtp boys couldn't have been more nice or gracious. they've got two fans for life, my son and i. dev also wore my son's hat during the show, and made his day! i hope to see them many more times.dev, dave, brian, and ryan, thanks very much.
#250198 by Pink Floyd
Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:I'm not being defensive bro it's just the fact that I was excited about the whole thing. I'm 24 years old and was debating about bringing all of it the entire time. I did look at it from everyone's point of view. But I spent all of that money on the albums over the years, and it only took 15 minutes out of his time to sign all of it. So by the end of it, I decided that it was cool and asked him up front if he had a problem with it, he said no not at all, I'd love to sign all of it, knowing foremost the number of things I brought, which I told him the exact number beforehand. I wasn't angry either, just surprised that Devin's fans go straight to being negative about something like this than to simply say that's awesome or congratulations. Doesn't feel like a very positive place. Only thing that made me angry was ohmk saying no one is jealous of me, wasn't looking for anyone to be jealous fellas, just wanted to show what an amazing time I had. That was a very rude thing to say and to assume.

But whatever it's cool. It is the internet after all, so who gives a shit? hahaha

Good for you, man.

And i'm pretty sure he said he wouldn't mind signing anything and everything anyone brought to the show; how many people can you say have brought his whole disco to the show to get signed or better yet, have his whole disco? It's most likely something he doesn't have to deal with EVERY single night... So i don't see a problem, and if he did, he should've made up an excuse and kindly decline instead of thinking/being in doubt whether or not i'll upset one of many fans i have who purchaced most of (whole?) my disco and other discs i've been part of. Plus, you made it clear you got there early and got everything signed prior to the VIP thing so it's not like it took away from anyone's time other than yours and Devins, and less since you only had to place the booklet's on the table and not take each and everyone out of the cases and then re-store them back into the case which most likely would've taken longer.
#250202 by ppinkham
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:13 am
SyntheticBreed wrote:But I spent all of that money on the albums over the years

Not really sure what that has to do with any of it...

SyntheticBreed wrote:and it only took 15 minutes out of his time to sign all of it. So by the end of it, I decided that it was cool and asked him up front if he had a problem with it, he said no not at all, I'd love to sign all of it, knowing foremost the number of things I brought, which I told him the exact number beforehand.

Like a few of us have said, I doubt Dev would have said 'no' even if the thought of signing all that stuff pissed him off. Devin is nothing but courteous to his fans, but I'm sure he also depends on his fans being courteous to him, as well. What if 8 or 10 people had shown up with as much stuff as you had to sign? Now that people have seen on these forums that Dev really will sign everything they bring, who is to say it isn't going to start being abused? Abused to a point where Dev says "Hey, I just can't do this anymore. I don't have the time, patience, or hand stamina to sign people's stuff." Everyone has their limits. The fact that you yourself questioned bringing all that stuff to sign, and felt you needed to ask Devin if it was alright, means that at least a part of you considered that you may have been pushing it. What most of us here have a problem with was that even after considering that Dev may not want to, regardless of what you said, you chose to satisfy your own wants and needs over the guy being more than generous.

It's like going to a friends house, and saying', "I'm hungry, can I make something to eat?" Your friend says "Sure, knock yourself out! My home is your home!," and then you proceed to eat everything in the house and start moving all your things in. lol

Hey man, you got all your stuff signed, and that is beyond awesome. I don't believe you are a bad person, and you are obviously a very enthusiastic fan. However, I hope if a situation like this arises for you again, really try and put yourself in the other person's shoes, and decide if you are taking advantage of a golden opportunity, or taking advantage of the person or peoples involved.

SyntheticBreed wrote: I wasn't angry either, just surprised that Devin's fans go straight to being negative about something like this than to simply say that's awesome or congratulations. Doesn't feel like a very positive place. Only thing that made me angry was ohmk saying no one is jealous of me, wasn't looking for anyone to be jealous fellas, just wanted to show what an amazing time I had. That was a very rude thing to say and to assume.

I'm not trying to be negative. I'd just hate to see Devin's generosity taken advantage of, and possibly causing him to interact less and less with the fans because of it. I'm sure Devin was fine with it and that he was flattered, because that seems to be the type of guy he is now. It's all good. Just a little constructive criticism. Something to think about, at least.
#250216 by SyntheticBreed
Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:55 pm
ppinkham wrote:
SyntheticBreed wrote:But I spent all of that money on the albums over the years

Not really sure what that has to do with any of it...

SyntheticBreed wrote:and it only took 15 minutes out of his time to sign all of it. So by the end of it, I decided that it was cool and asked him up front if he had a problem with it, he said no not at all, I'd love to sign all of it, knowing foremost the number of things I brought, which I told him the exact number beforehand.

Like a few of us have said, I doubt Dev would have said 'no' even if the thought of signing all that stuff pissed him off. Devin is nothing but courteous to his fans, but I'm sure he also depends on his fans being courteous to him, as well. What if 8 or 10 people had shown up with as much stuff as you had to sign? Now that people have seen on these forums that Dev really will sign everything they bring, who is to say it isn't going to start being abused? Abused to a point where Dev says "Hey, I just can't do this anymore. I don't have the time, patience, or hand stamina to sign people's stuff." Everyone has their limits. The fact that you yourself questioned bringing all that stuff to sign, and felt you needed to ask Devin if it was alright, means that at least a part of you considered that you may have been pushing it. What most of us here have a problem with was that even after considering that Dev may not want to, regardless of what you said, you chose to satisfy your own wants and needs over the guy being more than generous.

It's like going to a friends house, and saying', "I'm hungry, can I make something to eat?" Your friend says "Sure, knock yourself out! My home is your home!," and then you proceed to eat everything in the house and start moving all your things in. lol

Hey man, you got all your stuff signed, and that is beyond awesome. I don't believe you are a bad person, and you are obviously a very enthusiastic fan. However, I hope if a situation like this arises for you again, really try and put yourself in the other person's shoes, and decide if you are taking advantage of a golden opportunity, or taking advantage of the person or peoples involved.

SyntheticBreed wrote: I wasn't angry either, just surprised that Devin's fans go straight to being negative about something like this than to simply say that's awesome or congratulations. Doesn't feel like a very positive place. Only thing that made me angry was ohmk saying no one is jealous of me, wasn't looking for anyone to be jealous fellas, just wanted to show what an amazing time I had. That was a very rude thing to say and to assume.

I'm not trying to be negative. I'd just hate to see Devin's generosity taken advantage of, and possibly causing him to interact less and less with the fans because of it. I'm sure Devin was fine with it and that he was flattered, because that seems to be the type of guy he is now. It's all good. Just a little constructive criticism. Something to think about, at least.

I appreciate it.