Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#250379 by Mikey
Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 am
Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at Cafe Campus in Montreal, QC?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#250413 by lestat0619
Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 am
Awesome show (of course you will say)
indeed

Dev & the band was in good shape, smiling and having a great time.

Soundstage was not good however but with all this energy coming from the show, this was memorable.

The set was

Addicted
Supercrush
Kingdom
Deadhead
Truth/OM
By Your Command
Life
Gaia
Bad Devil
----------
Earth Day
Color Your World
The Greys
Ki style Jam
Deep Peace
#250418 by shiram
Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 am
Yea great show, Devin really brought alot of energy, and his interaction with the crowd was very engaging.
Too bad the sound was not great, it sounded like it came out of laptop speakers and then amplified, too much highs.

Very glad he played Earth Day, one of my buddies who barely knows Devin was there with me, and he had an awesome time too.

edit : opening acts : i missed half of Catalyst, but they sounded great
Tesseract and today i caught the plague, not my thing at all really.
#250470 by Drowd
Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:52 am
You've got to be kidding...
I bought my fucking ticket on Pre-Sale and thought it was going to be shipped at my house...
And I, thinking that it was next week, was waiting for the mailman when I should have picked it up at the door.
I totally missed the fucking show of my life... and it's all my fault.

:dead:
#250472 by Gunner112k
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 am
Incredible show from the beginning to the end. I gotta thank Devin for playing Earth Day as I requested during the VIP meet and greet, from which he responded with a vague "we'll see!" I was pretty sure he wasn't going to play it that night, as I've read on here that he played the song on only two dates on the tour before, but after convincing a few people I've met before the VIP to pressure Devin into playing it (the people in front who were chanting "Earth Day" over and over), he finally caved in and played it during the encore. The place went nuts.

At this point I don't really need to comment on how Dev is the man... we all know that. I've been to a shitload of great shows in 2010 and this one was among the best, if not THE best of 2010. Thanks for everything Devin, looking forward to the Deconstruction/Ghost tour!
#250554 by shiram
Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 am
Oh and if ever Devin does read this....Tabarnak is a swear word in Quebec, its based on the word tabernacle...
We have alot of our swear words come from Christianity here in Québec.

At one point during the show, the crowd shouted it at Devin, and a whole back and forth ensued, good times!
#250571 by Purple Tentacle
Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:32 pm
Awesome show!!

The sound was bad though, and Devin posted on Twitter that the sound on-stage was really weird, so I guess noone had good sound... However the perfomance was splendid!

I also REALLY enjoyed Tesseract. I already knew them but seeing them live is something else. Their sound was great, and Dan, the singer, gave the most flawless vocal performance I've ever seen. Seriously, I was completely floored.

The other two bands were alright, but not quite my cup of tea.

Lastly, I had a VIP ticket, and it was the best purchase I've ever done in my life. I didn't have the chance to talk to him and take a picture because I was the last in line and he left before I had the chance, but I don't mind. Seeing the acoustic show and listening to him answer to questions was more than I could ever ask for. SUCH a nice guy.
#250572 by Quaid
Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:33 pm
My wife's whole family is French Canadian and I say that ALL the time around them just to get a rise out of them. It's pretty hysterical.