Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#272939 by HevyWily
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 pm
After years and years of listening your music (and lyrics)... I came to conclusion that there`s absolutely nothing that you can`t put to your lyrics! For example: "While we all have lots of bands who influence still... we all rip off Meshuggah" (true) or "Soda water, soda water boys...". Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious! And this leads me to another thing... When you don`t have lyrics in front of your eyes you could hear words very wrong... E.g. in song "Planet of the Apes" comes apart where line goes: "Sorrow man" I heard it "Saruman" and I was like "Hell yes, how bad ass is Saruman"

Do you have some kind of work method with lyrics... or is it like you stuck in the moment and make up words about how you feel at the moment (having already theme for the lyrics). I would like to know about the process of Deconstruction (lyrics)...

I have now listening Decon like 15 times and it all start to make sense. I finally got those two new babies yesterday. BTW, thank you for those lyrics for the Ghost!
#272957 by Jaymz
Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:50 pm
TMM outro, anyone worked out what's being said? I got most of it, just can't figure out "See the *something* cup overflow"? (14:35) and the "Ladies and gentlemen *something about 'testicular form'*"? (15:10)

Anyone got any clues? Stuff like this bugs me :P
#272989 by HevyWily
Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 am
Yo Dev!

This is just off the top of my head (Just listened Decon again, i am exhausted).

Here`s a challenge for the man who have no boundries... Can you do a record without using the word "I"? :D
#273255 by bassbait
Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm
Jaymz wrote:TMM outro, anyone worked out what's being said? I got most of it, just can't figure out "See the *something* cup overflow"? (14:35) and the "Ladies and gentlemen *something about 'testicular form'*"? (15:10)

Anyone got any clues? Stuff like this bugs me :P

I don't know either, but what interests me the absolute most is the fast spoken word part at the beginning of "Pandemic". I want to figure out what it says there, because it reminds me of "OMFG" and "Happy Camper", or possibly "Oats Peas Beans & Barley", and it makes me wonder if he's referencing his old music by repeating lyrics from one of those songs.
#273350 by mymomlikesdogs
Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:24 pm
bassbait wrote:I don't know either, but what interests me the absolute most is the fast spoken word part at the beginning of "Pandemic". I want to figure out what it says there, because it reminds me of "OMFG" and "Happy Camper", or possibly "Oats Peas Beans & Barley", and it makes me wonder if he's referencing his old music by repeating lyrics from one of those songs.

A lot of people thought the same thing but if you listen closely it's actually a reprise of a part of the song, Ki.

Here's a little riddle bout a when I was a little toddle
Piddle in the puddle and my head was in a muddle
You can sing it when you're sad
You can sing it when you're mad
You can sing it in the shower
Come along the latest's
Gaia to gaia to gaia to gaia
Everybody knows

I know he says something else after this part (in Pandemic, I mean) but I can hardly make out what is being said.
#273434 by swervedriver
Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:56 am
^ Ha, you're right, very cool. :) Well-spotted too.
#273627 by bassbait
Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 am
mymomlikesdogs wrote:
bassbait wrote:I don't know either, but what interests me the absolute most is the fast spoken word part at the beginning of "Pandemic". I want to figure out what it says there, because it reminds me of "OMFG" and "Happy Camper", or possibly "Oats Peas Beans & Barley", and it makes me wonder if he's referencing his old music by repeating lyrics from one of those songs.

A lot of people thought the same thing but if you listen closely it's actually a reprise of a part of the song, Ki.

Come along the latest's
Everybody knows

I know he says something else after this part (in Pandemic, I mean) but I can hardly make out what is being said.

I'm assuming that it's not spoken that fast in the song, as I haven't heard Ki yet. Is it spoken that fast?
#273629 by mymomlikesdogs
Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am
bassbait wrote:
mymomlikesdogs wrote:

Come along the latest's
Everybody knows

I'm assuming that it's not spoken that fast in the song, as I haven't heard Ki yet. Is it spoken that fast?

It's spoken fast but not as fast as what you heard in Pandemic. It's probably one of my favorite parts off of the album (Ki). Very cool and catchy part.
#273841 by bassbait
Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 pm
"What's the point of this? Where's the happiness we've been promised??"

That's not accurate. I've listened to this album like 8 times, and I just noticed that what it's REALLY saying in this part of the song "Deconstruction", is "What's the point of this? Where's the hap - PENIS!!"

Seriously, this has probably been noticed and mentioned by someone else, but what gives with Devin suddenly chiming in "penis"?
#273842 by ppinkham
Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:59 pm
bassbait wrote:"What's the point of this? Where's the happiness we've been promised??"

That's not accurate. I've listened to this album like 8 times, and I just noticed that what it's REALLY saying in this part of the song "Deconstruction", is "What's the point of this? Where's the hap - PENIS!!"

Seriously, this has probably been noticed and mentioned by someone else, but what gives with Devin suddenly chiming in "penis"?

Because he is a silly, silly man.
#273871 by ShortSonata
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:06 am
Just wondering about the "I've got a little boner..." lyric. I seem to remember Devy mentioning somewhere that he really did not understand all the jizz, boner etc. comments about his music. Considering Planet of the Apes seems to be about the odd human attitude to music, do you think this lyric is a reference to that?
#274085 by Jaglavak
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm
Jaymz wrote:The scream at 6:24 in TMM is awesome. Sounds like a star vomiting.

Since I think of this every time I hear that scream... do Dev's vocals remind anyone of Cedric Bixler-Zavala during that section? Listen to Conjugal Burns, the first half of Tetragrammaton or the last half of Viscera Eyes if you need to compare... for whatever reason, he just hits me that way.

...I agree with you, though - and I don't think a star vomiting has ever sounded better, either. :mrgreen: