Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#269344 by LicoriceLain
Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm
static2 wrote:based on the bits of "Poltergeist" from the preview vids and the lyrical context we now have, i would like to post a preliminary
STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a while in which i thought I was the only person IN LOVE with the song. :D
#269345 by LicoriceLain
Sun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm
ppinkham wrote:What Buddha means to me:

Be fat and happy.

I'm working on it!

XD That is actually only the Chinese interpretation of Buddha.
#269356 by stubear280
Sun May 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Be fat and happy.

I'm working on it!

Already there! It's the best thing ever!!
#269475 by redsavage0
Mon May 30, 2011 11:12 am
LicoriceLain wrote:

Be fat and happy.

I'm working on it!

Yep.

The original Buddha (who's actual name was Siddhartha Gautama) was actually really really thin because he fasted for a really long time.
#269478 by ppinkham
Mon May 30, 2011 11:39 am
redsavage0 wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:

Be fat and happy.

I'm working on it!

Yep.

The original Buddha (who's actual name was Siddhartha Gautama) was actually really really thin because he fasted for a really long time.

Fasted, eh? Maybe not as wise as many people believe.
#269486 by LicoriceLain
Mon May 30, 2011 1:23 pm
ppinkham wrote:
redsavage0 wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:

Be fat and happy.

I'm working on it!

Yep.

Fasted, eh? Maybe not as wise as many people believe.

Spirituality goes beyond wisdom. ;)
#269507 by LicoriceLain
Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm
ppinkham wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:Spirituality goes beyond wisdom. ;)

Or developed in lieu of. ;)

Hey, don't making fun of The Alien now. ;)
#269564 by steinvegardstavik
Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 am
Most of the time I give a f***k about lyrics. but after reading this discussion I might want to add that..ok, I don`t want to...

but..

Me too hates analyzing things. I hate putting labels on stuff. (I have Low Latent Inhibition btw.) And there is no physical world. It is not our mind living in atoms and particles, among riverz und mountains. It is all that stuff living in our minds :D This I Know, and it gives me some sort of peace .. I think.. a little..

Please overlook this stupid comment and forget all about it...so I don´t have to defend what I´m saying.
#269577 by LicoriceLain
Tue May 31, 2011 9:25 am
steinvegardstavik wrote:Most of the time I give a f***k about lyrics. but after reading this discussion I might want to add that..ok, I don`t want to...

but..

Me too hates analyzing things. I hate putting labels on stuff. (I have Low Latent Inhibition btw.) And there is no physical world. It is not our mind living in atoms and particles, among riverz und mountains. It is all that stuff living in our minds :D This I Know, and it gives me some sort of peace .. I think.. a little..

Please overlook this stupid comment and forget all about it...so I don´t have to defend what I´m saying.

Not a chance! >:3

Are you a solipsist?
#269683 by steinvegardstavik
Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 am
LicoriceLain wrote:
steinvegardstavik wrote:Most of the time I give a f***k about lyrics. but after reading this discussion I might want to add that..ok, I don`t want to...

but..

Not a chance! >:3

Are you a solipsist?

No, I would not use that term. Although related. I think (a)gnostic is a better description.
#269907 by LicoriceLain
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 am
Okay, so you are, just not to the degree of a solipsist. Good. ;) Solipsists are kind of stuck in their own little worlds.

I am a bit of gnostic, myself.
#270021 by steinvegardstavik
Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:41 am
Btw. I have to admit I`m a bit curious about the lyrics for Juular and what they are about...
#272148 by bassbait
Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 pm
My thoughts on Deconstruction is that there is no plot. It's a stream of consciousness. The SYL album, according to Devin, was about 9/11, and that album was more honestly about the emotional state of Devy related to the subject, and not the subject itself. Deconstruction, to me, isn't about any character in a story. It's about Devin's feelings towards life, past and present. It's about finding out what Strapping was about, and spoken from the point of view of somebody with a clear vision. I think it's more about drugs and alcohol than anything. Drugs and alcohol had an overall negative effect on Devin, and whatever thing it's supposed to be about, that aspect of his life pours into this album. I feel an odd sense of paranoia and bi-polar that was present on Alien. Alien is about a man just as Deconstruction is about a man. And both of these men are the lurking demon underneath Devin.

My father often would break into fits of intense rage. There was a point in his life where he mellowed out, and at that point, he told me "I still have that angry side, but I've found a way to control it. I can be angry if I need to be, but I have a better understanding of when I need to be". Alien is about the two sides of Devy fighting to the death, and Deconstruction is about his ability to control both of those, whereas drugs and alcohol previously had huge influence over that. This album is bi-polar at will, and ultimately shows a dominance of the mellow Devin.

That's just my opinion.

Meanwhile, I think that Deconstruction is the third album of Devin's truly "insane concept album" series. The first one is Cooked on Phonics, a concept album that has Devin's quirky humor at the top of it's game. The second album is Alien, where the quirky humor is very subdued, only seen in lines like "Vacation, Procreation, Sterlization, DISNEYLAND!" (which is actually a phrase that makes sense in context, as the song is about the fears of children and sex, and that is generally the order in which your life happens after you get married). Deconstruction, in essence, is the half-way mark. Half-way between the humor of Cooked on Phonics and the genuine anger of Alien.

I hope Devin continues to make crazy albums, and I hope his stream of consciousness style continues into the future, as I feel he still has more to say. Alien is my favorite record of his, and while Deconstruction is a great continuation of Alien's craziness, I hope he can venture into seriously pissed off territory again, like shown in songs such as "Happy Camper" and "Shitstorm".
#272150 by bassbait
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 pm
The Dev wrote:Every day that goes by, I get dumber. (my last mail seemed condescending...)

my douche-isms know no bounds.

plus...I am truly a dumb-ass. Here's the lyrics for the latest example of that.

'gee whiz! praise the lowrd! Ah lurv mah life!!! hyuk hyuk...'

So I'm guessing your next album is going to be entitled "uh..."

and the bulk of lyrical content will be fart noises, laughing, and copying and pasting the dumbest lyrics you can find (Morbid Angel's new album)?

Come to think of it, that's actually pretty genius.