Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#270813 by _oppuld
Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 am
Personally I've struggled with the question whether or not it's a good idea to go around telling people who don't already know about what's going on... I haven't reached a conclusion yet and that's just part of the grand mindfuck.
#270972 by The Dev
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:42 pm
I got the name Ho Krll from an interview with one of my favourite artists, Rapoon. I thought the description would fit with Ziltoid, but it didn't make the Ziltoid cut and ended up here.

I got the name Sumeria from my Lawyer Jeff Cohen, who own Sumerian records and is fascinated by the old scriptures 'Gilgamesh' etc...

I have no beliefs or ties with any conspiracy stuff, doesn't interest me in the slightest. Have always regarded it as a form of religion in a sense.

No disrespect if you're into that sort of thing, there's tons of stuff I'm sure I'm oblivious to. I just have no patience for it. The options for not believing in something above and beyond us is an infinite void that leaves us individually accountable, and I choose that. I'm probably naive, but I really like enjoying my time at the beach and by the lake and we all die one way or another anyways, so I don't care about it.

Ki was the name of a Kitaro record I loved as a kid, the name was an homage in a way.

just to be clear that theres no hidden agenda or anything.
#270978 by Lettuce
Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 pm
Well that's a relief :P I didn't want my image of you being a fairly nonchalant character that occasionally draws dicks on a pad of post-its while you're supposed to be doing important stuff, tarnished by some guff about conspiracies...
#270982 by Telescopes Are Gay
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm
Lettuce wrote:Well that's a relief :P I didn't want my image of you being a fairly nonchalant character that occasionally draws dicks on a pad of post-its while you're supposed to be doing important stuff, tarnished by some guff about conspiracies...

Hey, don't be knocking on the profession of drawing crudely shaped dicks. It's a VERY productive process.
#270985 by Lettuce
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 pm
Dude, I draw dicks all the time. I even drew one in the Science Museum today. When I was at uni I used to make dicks and stick them on people's work. Fortunately most found it funny but one girl (Catholic) went batshit when she noticed her cat puppet had a massive dong going on, she threw it at me and I got smacked in the eye by a flying clay willy 8)
#270995 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm
^That last bit made me think of The Naked Gun, and why the Thought Police would not permit that movie to be made with a PG-13 rating these days.

Dev's clarifications make good reading, but I wonder what his dream was that inspired the Ghost 2 artwork.
#271011 by Eryth
Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 am
I love it when artists don't really try to send out deep hidden messages with their songtitles and artwork... it just makes the music that much more loaded, in a way that makes me unable to really enjoy the music. It's not that I don't get the messages that bands try to communicate; I love philosophy and sociology, but sometimes music should just be made for the sake of music. Dolls with big boobs as an inspiration for the win :lol:
#271058 by Kore
Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:27 pm
The Dev wrote:Dolls with big boobs.

NOOOIIIIICCCCCEEE!!!!!
#271064 by Lettuce
Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 pm
Apparently dreams are influenced by stuff you thinking about. Therefore Dev obviously wants to play with Barbies or wants a massive rack of his own. Or something.
#271075 by AppleQueso
Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm so tempted to link to something related to this but it might not be worksafe so I'll probably abstain from that.
#271079 by Octillus
Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm
AppleQueso wrote:

I'm so tempted to link to something related to this but it might not be worksafe so I'll probably abstain from that.

Considering I do a lot of my moderatin' in between blogposts at work, I'd GREATLY appreciate that. I avoid the Funny Pics thread a lot of the time just because they're borderline most of the time (also, I am apparently the resident hard ass, I'd rather not have to be)