Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#271765 by _oppuld
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 am
To me the album has a lot to do with a conflict with an "inner demon" and attempting to understand the nature of the demon based upon logic, examples and solutions (such as being sober) from the real world. The embarrassment experienced because some of the actions taken due to the conflict with the demon is perhaps more relevant than the actual struggle. The embarrassment causes the individual to be quiet out of fear of judgement rather than assess what is actually happening. One might say that if you have spent a large portion of your life trying to understand the conflict and have come out with no more answers than where you started, what is the point of the struggle?

If you are cursed with the demon's presence, perhaps the questions should be - what can I take away from this experience? What has it made me do that I wouldn't have done otherwise? What valuable knowledge have I attained by trying to determine its source?

My personal belief is that an artists individual struggle is part of a larger picture. Create a public that accepts what the media feeds them without question. Simplify their view of reality. Make them happy drones while in the background the gears of the "machine" keep grinding to create their vision of reality.
Last edited by _oppuld on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#271885 by Anesthetize
Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm
_oppuld wrote:To me the album has a lot to do with a conflict with an "inner demon" and attempting to understand the nature of the demon based upon logic, examples and solutions (such as being sober) from the real world. The embarrassment experienced because some of the actions taken due to the conflict with the demon is perhaps more relevant than the actual struggle. The embarrassment causes the individual to be quiet out of fear of judgement rather than assess what is actually happening. One might say that if you have spent a large portion of your life trying to understand the conflict and have come out with no more answers than where you started, what is the point of the struggle? The demon could be an inter-dimensional anomaly similar to what is experienced by those whose used a Ouija board. It could be an alien attempting to understand the human condition. It could be a government control experiment based on the reverse engineering of alien technology. It could be a "virus" similar to HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The bottom line is that if the "demon" has not given you any answers, and has rather taken up your valuable time and lied to you, misdirected you, how valuable is the struggle to you?

If you are cursed with the demon's presence, perhaps the questions should be - what can I take away from this experience? What has it made me do that I wouldn't have done otherwise? What valuable knowledge have I attained by trying to determine its source?

In a similar personal struggle, I have given up musical expression, determining that the music industry is fucked. For reasons that are probably not just because people are stupid by nature, mainstream music has gone from freedom of expression, to dumbed down pop with some elements of rock n roll and the freedom of expression remaining (metal, alternative rock, etc), to a scene almost completely dominated by the Lady Gaga's and Katy Perry's and Kanye's. Artists expressing ideas such as freedom of thought have been made an after thought. Literally a small handful of rock/metal artists exist today who aren't regurgitating riffs, playing dumbed down melodies and writing lyrics that exemplify one simple emotion that caters to a demographic.

My personal belief is that an artists individual struggle is part of a larger picture. If you're aware of what goes on behind the curtains, you don't need to be a prophet to know what is going to happen. Create a public that accepts what the media feeds them without question. Simplify their view of reality. Make them happy drones while in the background the gears of the "machine" keep grinding to create their vision of reality.

Even people with an open mind, sometimes are a little too open minded. They see the evidence that something is going on, such as an agenda by the elite, to shift the control into even fewer hands, and to expand their reach of control. Then they are distracted by talk of reptilians, 2012 armageddon, an impending alien visitation, and the idea that aliens may be hostile. If aliens were hostile and aware of our presence, I wouldn't be writing this and you wouldn't be reading it. You have to retain the information that is relevant and get rid of the rest. Who cares if the elite are 8 armed space squids. The point is that we are puppets in their agenda for global control. Look into Albert Picke's leaked document written in 1871 about the plan for 3 world wars that would allow the elite to prod the unquestioning and desperate public into their cages. The 3rd world war is supposed to start in the middle east. Look at what is happening now. The US is stirring up tensions among the middle eastern countries to get them to destroy themselves. While this may not seem close to home, and even if you are an ignorant racist asshole, it will be at your door step before you know it.

So why bother telling anyone? If the elite have had this plan in motion well before any of us were born, what can we do about it?

Zeitgeist is a great introductory film. It was created for $7,000. Don't let your fear of your RFID chip that does not yet exist getting shut off. As far as the elite are concerned you are just one sheep in a very large herd. Spread the word through every possible means available to you. Make sure you choose your words carefully. Most people are not willing to shift their view of reality so easily. Sometimes it is better to give a thirsty man a half cup of water and allow him to seek out the other half on his own. Raise curiosity and get people asking questions rather than expecting them to cast away the system that they have become accustomed to. Don't fall in the trap of being too vague out of fear of ridicule. You WILL be ridiculed and have people opposing you. The ego is a powerful thing. I was once at that stage, more out questioning whether or not it is worth frightening people. We are now at the precipice of war and an agenda that is accelerating. The time for people being silent has to come to an end and people need to start taking action. The elite's fear is being exposed. Their flaws are arrogance and the belief that we're stupid. They lack empathy, which allows them to do anything without an impact on their conscience. However, they can't understand the power of the heart because they do not have one. Clues have been dropped along the way. Time to expose the cold blooded bastards for what they are.

LOLWUT
#271895 by Sinkharmony
Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm
That analysis is either brilliant in a way I can't comprehend or absolutely freakin' nuts. It's like walking into a classroom that's discussing the finer points of quantum physics only to look down and realize your naked. Then you wake up and remember that the entire classroom was filled with alligators talking with golden cat heads and what you thought was quantum physics was actually just a recipe for chocolate chip muffins.
#271906 by misterhustle24
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 pm
_oppuld wrote:To me the album has a lot to do with a conflict with an "inner demon" and attempting to understand the nature of the demon based upon logic, examples and solutions (such as being sober) from the real world. The embarrassment experienced because some of the actions taken due to the conflict with the demon is perhaps more relevant than the actual struggle. The embarrassment causes the individual to be quiet out of fear of judgement rather than assess what is actually happening. One might say that if you have spent a large portion of your life trying to understand the conflict and have come out with no more answers than where you started, what is the point of the struggle? The demon could be an inter-dimensional anomaly similar to what is experienced by those whose used a Ouija board. It could be an alien attempting to understand the human condition. It could be a government control experiment based on the reverse engineering of alien technology. It could be a "virus" similar to HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The bottom line is that if the "demon" has not given you any answers, and has rather taken up your valuable time and lied to you, misdirected you, how valuable is the struggle to you?

In a similar personal struggle, I have given up musical expression, determining that the music industry is fucked. For reasons that are probably not just because people are stupid by nature, mainstream music has gone from freedom of expression, to dumbed down pop with some elements of rock n roll and the freedom of expression remaining (metal, alternative rock, etc), to a scene almost completely dominated by the Lady Gaga's and Katy Perry's and Kanye's. Artists expressing ideas such as freedom of thought have been made an after thought. Literally a small handful of rock/metal artists exist today who aren't regurgitating riffs, playing dumbed down melodies and writing lyrics that exemplify one simple emotion that caters to a demographic.

My personal belief is that an artists individual struggle is part of a larger picture. If you're aware of what goes on behind the curtains, you don't need to be a prophet to know what is going to happen. Create a public that accepts what the media feeds them without question. Simplify their view of reality. Make them happy drones while in the background the gears of the "machine" keep grinding to create their vision of reality.

Even people with an open mind, sometimes are a little too open minded. They see the evidence that something is going on, such as an agenda by the elite, to shift the control into even fewer hands, and to expand their reach of control. Then they are distracted by talk of reptilians, 2012 armageddon, an impending alien visitation, and the idea that aliens may be hostile. If aliens were hostile and aware of our presence, I wouldn't be writing this and you wouldn't be reading it. You have to retain the information that is relevant and get rid of the rest. Who cares if the elite are 8 armed space squids. The point is that we are puppets in their agenda for global control. Look into Albert Picke's leaked document written in 1871 about the plan for 3 world wars that would allow the elite to prod the unquestioning and desperate public into their cages. The 3rd world war is supposed to start in the middle east. Look at what is happening now. The US is stirring up tensions among the middle eastern countries to get them to destroy themselves. While this may not seem close to home, and even if you are an ignorant racist asshole, it will be at your door step before you know it.

So why bother telling anyone? If the elite have had this plan in motion well before any of us were born, what can we do about it?

Zeitgeist is a great introductory film. It was created for $7,000. Don't let your fear of your RFID chip that does not yet exist getting shut off. As far as the elite are concerned you are just one sheep in a very large herd. Spread the word through every possible means available to you. Make sure you choose your words carefully. Most people are not willing to shift their view of reality so easily. Sometimes it is better to give a thirsty man a half cup of water and allow him to seek out the other half on his own. Raise curiosity and get people asking questions rather than expecting them to cast away the system that they have become accustomed to. Don't fall in the trap of being too vague out of fear of ridicule. You WILL be ridiculed and have people opposing you. The ego is a powerful thing. I was once at that stage, more out questioning whether or not it is worth frightening people. We are now at the precipice of war and an agenda that is accelerating. The time for people being silent has to come to an end and people need to start taking action. The elite's fear is being exposed. Their flaws are arrogance and the belief that we're stupid. They lack empathy, which allows them to do anything without an impact on their conscience. However, they can't understand the power of the heart because they do not have one. Clues have been dropped along the way. Time to expose the cold blooded bastards for what they are.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "
#271925 by _oppuld
Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am
misterhustle24 wrote:"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

My undulla omblomgotta tells me that that's Colonel Sanders telling Billy Madison he's an idiot. And unfortunately for Billy, he won't inherit his father's wealth unless he completes grade school. As it turns out, all he really needed was a hot piece of ass as incentive to study. Then at college, he went from a lowly water boy to a pro football player and realized that true happiness is found in proving wrong the assholes who doubted you and then being embraced by those very assholes. Later, Billy finds out that the hot piece of ass was just after the deed that represented his fortune and was deceiving him all along. But everything works out for him in the end. I learned something today.

Re Sinkharmony:

If you listen to a Hitler speech without understanding German, it might as well be a recipe for pot brownies.

Re ppinkham:

Conspiracy is a convenient word, like communism, to cast out any idea you don't agree with - either because you haven't investigated it, it's one of those "hot button" words that immediately triggers negative sentiment, or because you have actually looked into it and realized that it's just sensationalist bullshit.
#271932 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 am
You're certainly entitled to your own interpretation. It's not up to me to say you're completely wrong or nuts or whatever. I do think Dev's quote below is a fitting reponse though. Again, not making your interpretation false or anything. Just different.

The Dev wrote:I have no beliefs or ties with any conspiracy stuff, doesn't interest me in the slightest. Have always regarded it as a form of religion in a sense.

No disrespect if you're into that sort of thing, there's tons of stuff I'm sure I'm oblivious to. I just have no patience for it. The options for not believing in something above and beyond us is an infinite void that leaves us individually accountable, and I choose that. I'm probably naive, but I really like enjoying my time at the beach and by the lake and we all die one way or another anyways, so I don't care about it.

Personally I think Deconstruction is about making an infinite number of cheeseburgers, since deconstructing one means finding a double. So yeah.
#271943 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:33 am
_oppuld wrote:To me the album has a lot to do with a conflict with an "inner demon" and attempting to understand the nature of the demon based upon logic, examples and solutions (such as being sober) from the real world. ...................................................................Time to expose the cold blooded bastards for what they are.

someone has their special savin' the world boots on I.... guess...

It's like this one time where I was reading a book that seemed innocent enough then BAM it turned into a christian apocalypse preacher story and I had no idea how it got to that point but I was at the end of the book anyway. Yeah like that time.
#271951 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am
Also, Stand is totally a song about blackjack.
#272027 by _oppuld
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 am
I was going from a vague interpretation of the album into my own analysis of the state of things. Pretty disorganized.

I saw an interview with a rather nervous young gentleman during which Devin gave a different perspective on his views on "conspiracies" (again, just a word). Maybe Devin has tried to express his personal opinions to others and has met derision and opposition. I guess pattern recognition isn't a universal trait. Serious "truthers" must face the same shit every day of their life. Seems like you have two options. Watch the prison being built around you with awareness, or wait for it to be revealed to you. Because the system works so well that the sheep will be herded into their cages willingly. By the way, don't get any last minute ideas of "fighting the good fight" when everything becomes clear.
#272033 by Octillus
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:17 am
Bro, it's been clear as day from the get go. That said, decon's not about that and you still are coming across like a tinfoil hat person.
#272034 by ppinkham
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am
Octillus wrote:Bro, it's been clear as day from the get go. That said, decon's not about that and you still are coming across like a tinfoil hat person.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm enjoying the point of view, even if I don't agree with it. Hope we aren't busting your balls too much. I'm sure opposition doesn't bother you.