Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#272072 by Aniland
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 pm
Let's have at it. What do you love about this awesome closer?

That whole "Right now, and right here!" part just slays me. I am actually dead as I type this.
#272081 by ShortSonata
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm
All of it. It's my favourite song in the world, so ridiculously intense. Especially the second half... But what really sends shivers down my spine is... AND STAND FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN. Unf, the most eargasmic moment in music I have ever heard. Pure, unadulterated... UNF.
#272213 by sylkicks
Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:18 am
ShortSonata wrote:All of it. It's my favourite song in the world, so ridiculously intense. Especially the second half... But what really sends shivers down my spine is... AND STAND FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN. Unf, the most eargasmic moment in music I have ever heard. Pure, unadulterated... UNF.

I completely agree. I fucking love all the "POTERGEIST! DIE!"s, it's like this path through chaos, then suddenly the song changes with that one line "STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN!" Then the guitar surges up for a second and that freakin riff starts... Ah I love it. And I love that quiet part of the song until it rages up again with "THERE'S GLORY TO THE BRAVE!" Finally the song culminates in that huge scream of "STAND!" and segues perfectly into Ghost. Such an incredible song. And it's strange, when I first heard it I didn't really like it but man... Everytime I hear it I like it that much better.
#272214 by Octillus
Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 am
sylkicks wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:All of it. It's my favourite song in the world, so ridiculously intense. Especially the second half... But what really sends shivers down my spine is... AND STAND FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN. Unf, the most eargasmic moment in music I have ever heard. Pure, unadulterated... UNF.

I completely agree. I fucking love all the "POTERGEIST! DIE!"s, it's like this path through chaos, then suddenly the song changes with that one line "STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN!" Then the guitar surges up for a second and that freakin riff starts... Ah I love it. And I love that quiet part of the song until it rages up again with "THERE'S GLORY TO THE BRAVE!" Finally the song culminates in that huge scream of "STAND!" and segues perfectly into Ghost. Such an incredible song. And it's strange, when I first heard it I didn't really like it but man... Everytime I hear it I like it that much better.

I started off liking a bit, but basically I feel the same way. The only moments that stand out more for me on the album are the surge towards the end in Stand (my favorite moment) and WE PRAISE SAAAAATAAAAAAAN.
#272232 by Matt08642
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 am
2fat2furious wrote:to me, the song deconstruction is the albums true closer and resolution and poltergeist is devin's message to those who are still trapped in SYL

I actually think Poltergeist is the heaviest and best song on Decon. Guess I am still trapped in SYL, :lol:
#272237 by 2fat2furious
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 am
Matt08642 wrote:
2fat2furious wrote:to me, the song deconstruction is the albums true closer and resolution and poltergeist is devin's message to those who are still trapped in SYL

I actually think Poltergeist is the heaviest and best song on Decon. Guess I am still trapped in SYL, :lol:

I think I worded what I was trying to say wrong, I too love poltergeist and I love syl as well. By trapped in SYL I meant those people that refuse to acknowledge anything Devin does except Strapping. It's just some dumb idea I got, I'd elaborate more but I just woke up and my brain is doing nothing but fart
#272298 by Faffy
Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:43 pm
So we've arrived, no one depends on me.
So, with forces far from gone?
No way! No way! No way! No way!

I MEAN FUCK! <3 :|

It is quite a sight to see me strolling across a flower field with it on my headphones. I wouldn't call it dancing, not even in the broadest sense of the word.
#272383 by metmass
Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:06 am
The whole ending (from "So we've arrived") is one of my absolute favorite parts on the album and I fell in love with it right away. Like, the first listen.

However, the whole song up to that point took some time with me to sink in. I didn't even register it at first, it was so... messy and irregular and... not immediately catchy, I guess? (Even considering the rest of the album.) I was surprised back then to see that people thought Poltergeist is brilliant because I didn't get it at all.

Now that I know how the song goes, all the rhythmic shifts and shit, it really is awesome.
#272546 by gurp13
Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 am
I mentioned this on another thread, but there was no response. So, I had just fucked off, but, now I thought I would say it again. A Poltergeist is a noisy ghost.

Die! Noisy ghost, Die!

No more noisy ghosts? Just quiet ghosts? On Ghost, the song, Dev sings, "Might as well marry the ghost."

Hmmm.
#272574 by swervedriver
Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:55 pm
gurp13 wrote:I mentioned this on another thread, but there was no response. So, I had just fucked off, but, now I thought I would say it again. A Poltergeist is a noisy ghost.

Die! Noisy ghost, Die!

No more noisy ghosts? Just quiet ghosts? On Ghost, the song, Dev sings, "Might as well marry the ghost."

Hmmm.

Not Ghost. As You Were. :)