Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#274009 by octopusinflames
Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 pm
Not sure if anyone here has ever listened to Crotch Duster, but there are quite a few parts on Decon that remind me alot of them. For instance, the part in the title track right after the guy says "I'm a vegimatarian!" and the drum program starts blasting double bass. Shit sounds like something straight outta Big Fat Box of Shit. The middle of The Mighty Masturbator with the crowd cheering followed by the electronic part tends to make me think of them as well. Not to mention the whole comedy through metal idea in general. If you like Decon, Crotch Duster might be worth checking out, but don't expect it to be on the same level or anything.
#274012 by Slingshotjr
Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:52 pm
k not sure if it sounds like them because ive never heard them...BUT, i have to say THERE IS NO DRUM MACHINE ON DECONSTRUCTION!!!!!!! youd think people would know this, especially on this forum...
#274044 by Lettuce
Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am
Slingshotjr wrote:k not sure if it sounds like them because ive never heard them...BUT, i have to say THERE IS NO DRUM MACHINE ON DECONSTRUCTION!!!!!!! youd think people would know this, especially on this forum...

Oh come now, it's only a new boardie. I'm not certain (I could be wrong) but I was to understand some bits had to be edited n suchlike cause Dirk found it impossible to play, but I COULD be wrong.
#274053 by Jaglavak
Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 am
Lettuce wrote:
Slingshotjr wrote:k not sure if it sounds like them because ive never heard them...BUT, i have to say THERE IS NO DRUM MACHINE ON DECONSTRUCTION!!!!!!! youd think people would know this, especially on this forum...

Oh come now, it's only a new boardie. I'm not certain (I could be wrong) but I was to understand some bits had to be edited n suchlike cause Dirk found it impossible to play, but I COULD be wrong.

I don't think any of the drums were edited/electronic except for the beats spread throughout the first half of Praise the Lowered, and The Mighty Masturbator's middle section... though I've been wrong before too, haha. Haven't heard of Crotch Duster, either, so I guess this means I need to go look them up...
#274062 by octopusinflames
Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 am

Okay, maybe it's not a drum machine. But it definitely sounds artificial to me. At that part anyhow. Sorry for not being all-knowing.
#274071 by swervedriver
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 pm
octopusinflames wrote:Sorry for not being all-knowing.

Don't worry, we all know there are only two omnisciences. ;)
#274074 by Lettuce
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:53 pm
octopusinflames wrote:

Okay, maybe it's not a drum machine. But it definitely sounds artificial to me. At that part anyhow. Sorry for not being all-knowing.

Don't worry darlin', like I said you're new n shit :B Dirk is a bit of a drum machine TBH though...
#274075 by Jaglavak
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:56 pm
swervedriver wrote:
octopusinflames wrote:Sorry for not being all-knowing.

Don't worry, we all know there are only two omnisciences. ;)

And they're both the same person anyways... :mrgreen:

At Slingshotjr's point, though - Dev said on twitter that his mind was effectively blown when Dirk Verbeuren recorded his parts for the title track (then Cheeseburger) because he'd actually written the song with the intent of making it impossible to be performed by a human. Thus, why I'm positive that it's not a drum machine you're hearing during Thordendal's solo, but an (in)human performance instead. And, Lettuce, agreed about Dirk being a drum machine - to all those that doubt us, LISTEN to Pandemic. Pay attention to the drums in just the first 30 seconds alone, and your mind'll be blown.
#274076 by swervedriver
Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm
No doubt Dirk is amazing. The Deconstrupdate videos Dev posted to youtube proved that much.

Jaglavak: out of curiosity though, where do you think Thordendal's solo is on Deconstruction? I thought it was the diddly bit after the sample "I would like to discuss... something... with you" up until where it breaks (and the "bullshit" crescendo starts off after). As far as drum parts on the track go that one's relatively straight-forward, hence my question.
#274084 by Jaglavak
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:45 pm
swervedriver wrote:No doubt Dirk is amazing. The Deconstrupdate videos Dev posted to youtube proved that much.

Jaglavak: out of curiosity though, where do you think Thordendal's solo is on Deconstruction? I thought it was the diddly bit after the sample "I would like to discuss... something... with you" up until where it breaks (and the "bullshit" crescendo starts off after). As far as drum parts on the track go that one's relatively straight-forward, hence my question.

I'm (almost) certain it's right after the 've-ga-ma-tarian' part; the solo that's playing while Dev's muttering/yelling two different monologues in each channel, and Dirk's totally freaking about behind the kit. The one that you mentioned ('I'd like to discuss... something... with you!') seems too... simplistic/brief, I guess, to actually be him. Or maybe it's part of the first solo; that whole section (all the way up until the cow mooing) could be Fredrik's work. This was just how the song hit me on the first listen; hasn't changed since.

As always, I could be wrong, though.
#274097 by barackobaka
Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 pm
Monitarcturum wrote:Geh, I never thought I'd see this band mentioned here.

HAY GAIS LETS RIP OFF MR BUNGLE CUZ ITS SO FUNNEH AND RANDUM

LETS THROW IN SHITTY "JOKES" WHILE WERE AT IT

YEAH BOI

Chill, brah.
#274139 by twentyjunious
Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 am
I'm (almost) certain it's right after the 've-ga-ma-tarian' part; the solo that's playing while Dev's muttering/yelling two different monologues in each channel

Those sweeps sound very Devin to me, it's the same kind of thing that I've heard dev play on youtube videos and on his duel with Ziltoid. I would say the tapping part is Frederik, just how it messes around with the time and stuff.
#274236 by octopusinflames
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:37 am
Jaglavak wrote: to all those that doubt us, LISTEN to Pandemic. Pay attention to the drums in just the first 30 seconds alone, and your mind'll be blown.

I only got the album a few days ago as CMdistro couldn't get it to me until TWO WEEKS after release (I was losing my mind not being able to listen to it) so I'm still in the process of fully absorbing the album, but focusing on the drums there.... My mind was indeed blown. Astounding!