Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#281676 by BenPuritanSlain
Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:55 pm
Fookin awesome video! Cant really say much more than that! And agreed, whoever did the makeup is bloody amazing!
#281683 by LeperMessiah1170
Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 pm
That's one of the more absurd videos I've seen in a while, fuckin' awesome. Make's me yearn for a Deconstruction movie in the same style as this but with a higher budget.

Now, how 'bout a Feather vid?
#281690 by sylkicks
Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:49 pm
You know, I am curious as to everyone's interpretations of the video. I think it could be taken a lot of different ways, but I took it as the heavy, "shadows of SYL" argument again. Dev jumps on this "crazy train" so to speak where he confronts the anger inherent in SYL and the person he was then. Now-Dev is singing clean, he's clean cut, wearing a suit, etc. SYL-era Dev, on the other hand, or perhaps we could call him Juular, is old and decrepit, still screaming hid head off, acting crazy, and tied to vices kind of embodied in the woman holding him on the leash. Juular is screaming, venting his aggression, and now-Dev barely raises an eyebrow to his antics. That part of him is insequential anymore so he simply ignores him, walks away, and let's Juular wallow in the past and in his anger, ultimately getting nowhere on the crazy train. Which I guess could be said the same of people who can't get past SYL.

And of course Ziltoid is driving all of it :D

But perhaps I'm looking too much into it. I'm conditioned, I watch movies all day for grades!
#281694 by ctfod
Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:01 pm
The Juular on a leash image reminds me so much of Meshuggah's Bleed video
#281696 by Faffy
Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:06 pm
Well... we all rip off Meshuggah, don't we? :D
#281707 by The Dev
Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm
You know, I am curious as to everyone's interpretations of the video. I think it could be taken a lot of different ways, but I took it as the heavy, "shadows of SYL" argument again. Dev jumps on this "crazy train" so to speak where he confronts the anger inherent in SYL and the person he was then. Now-Dev is singing clean, he's clean cut, wearing a suit, etc. SYL-era Dev, on the other hand, or perhaps we could call him Juular, is old and decrepit, still screaming hid head off, acting crazy, and tied to vices kind of embodied in the woman holding him on the leash. Juular is screaming, venting his aggression, and now-Dev barely raises an eyebrow to his antics. That part of him is insequential anymore so he simply ignores him, walks away, and let's Juular wallow in the past and in his anger, ultimately getting nowhere on the crazy train. Which I guess could be said the same of people who can't get past SYL.

yup, pretty much.
#281720 by BenPuritanSlain
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 pm
Was gonna say thats an awesome interpretation of the video...but the fact Dev has basically just said you were pretty much bang on is doubly cool. nice work, nice video, nice company, bleh, Ive had had a couple of adult beverages this evening and therefore love all of you... I think I should probably leave for the evening!
#281723 by Matt08642
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm
I think the only people still stuck with SYL are people on this forum who condemn those who they claim are still stuck on SYL. Sure, there is the odd "U EVER GONNA PLAY SYL AGAIN??" comment on formspring or youtube, but ultimately, it's not an overbearing issue with Devin or his music, I don't think.
#281725 by BenPuritanSlain
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:33 pm
I think, from seeing responses on here and elsewhere from Dev, it kind of grinds on him a little.. obviously I may totally misinterpret things, but thats the impression I get!
#281728 by ppinkham
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:40 pm
I'm pretty sure the video is about Harry Potter, with Devin playing the roles of Potter and Ronald Weasley. I think they are discussing the fact that SYL is getting back together and going on tour. Ziltoid is Snape. He likes choo-choos. I thought at first the woman was Hermione, but the video goes deeper than that. It is actually Scabbers.

10 points Gryffindor, I'd say!
#281730 by Lettuce
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 pm
Naaaaah, it's clearly a nod to Big Momma's House.