Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#275226 by mikejs
Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:36 am
Abydost wrote:I don't think he uses any other tuning than C with a G on his 7-string. This is just speculation on my part though. POTA is in G, at least.

Dev did a guitar clinic in Salford back in March, where he passed the guitars around (yes really!). There were two 7-string Vs, one F#,B,etc, one G,C,etc. They looked identical, but had white tape down the side of the headstock with the tuning on.
#275236 by wyldweasil
Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am
mikejs wrote:
Abydost wrote:I don't think he uses any other tuning than C with a G on his 7-string. This is just speculation on my part though. POTA is in G, at least.

Dev did a guitar clinic in Salford back in March, where he passed the guitars around (yes really!). There were two 7-string Vs, one F#,B,etc, one G,C,etc. They looked identical, but had white tape down the side of the headstock with the tuning on.

Yeah I believe the white one on the current tour is his GCGCGCE and the grey one is his F#BF#BF#B(D#?) and it was the one he did Stand and Juular on
#275930 by bonekrap44
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:19 pm
Yeah the first guitar he used live (For the DTP, COB, Septic Flesh, and Obscura tour) was in Open C
The second was open B.
By Your Command - Open C
Truth - Open C
Om - Open C
Supercrush- Open B
Kingdom - Open B
Stand - Open B
Juular - Open B

I think that most of Decon is in Open B.
#296712 by wyldweasil
Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm

funny, I picked up my six and retuned it to try and learn the more mellow sections of POTA, and was like "wait a sec, this isn't in B". Thankfully my Jim root is in open C. I need to get a 7 again so I can pound out the intro to this.

Anyone else notice if any of the other songs are in the GCGCGCE tuning?

and if we all rip off Meshuggah, shouldn't it be tuned to F? :lol: