Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!

Who's your favorite guest on Deconstruction ?

0%
0%
1%
1%
8%
8%
6%
6%
8%
8%
3%
3%
11%
11%
7%
7%
1%
1%
2%
2%
2%
2%
#280710 by Drowd
Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:14 pm
I totally misdid (is that a word) the poll...
Should have put at least 2 choices if not 3.
I am sorry :(

As for Joe Duplantier's appearance : I didn't really pay much attention to him at first ( I've never listened to Gojira, maybe I should but that's another story) but after seeing how many peeps voted for him I gave him a second listen and I have to say he really gives the song a big boost.
The ''SO MUCH THAT I WANT TO ?'' part just kicks so much asses ! Props to the man.
#282766 by DevinJayLeibe
Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Just found this, on metalsucks.com, questions to Oderus Urungus:
12) How do you feel about your contribution to Devin Townsend’s latest disc, Deconstruction? Were you happy with the results, and the time spent recording it?

Hell yeah! Devin is an amazing artist who has supported GWAR for years and this is actually the second time that I have contributed to one of his projects, the first one being a track I did for him on a Strapping Young Lad song. I was very happy with the results and the time I spent recording it, which took about three minutes. The only thing I didn’t like was the blowjob I received in payment; Devin enjoyed giving it to me far too much, and his false teeth kept getting caught on my scrotal bulge. Fucking Canadians!
#282964 by Tall-Latte
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 am
DevinJayLeibe wrote:Just found this, on metalsucks.com, questions to Oderus Urungus:
12) How do you feel about your contribution to Devin Townsend’s latest disc, Deconstruction? Were you happy with the results, and the time spent recording it?

Hell yeah! Devin is an amazing artist who has supported GWAR for years and this is actually the second time that I have contributed to one of his projects, the first one being a track I did for him on a Strapping Young Lad song. I was very happy with the results and the time I spent recording it, which took about three minutes. The only thing I didn’t like was the blowjob I received in payment; Devin enjoyed giving it to me far too much, and his false teeth kept getting caught on my scrotal bulge. Fucking Canadians!

I love GWAR.

MAKE GWAR, NOT PEACE.
#284071 by Tang
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:22 am
mymomlikesdogs wrote: Paul K. was hardly noticeable in Praise the Lowered, but his growls did add some nice weight to the 2nd half of the tune.

DId Paul do the "smoke that fucking weed, boy." line? That was the single moment that hooked me on Decon. The buildup to it was intense, but that single line is awesome.

However, I also voted for Greg. His performance makes the middle section of TMM from pretty standard Devin-stuff to something truly extraordinary.
#284088 by Octillus
Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:27 am
Tang wrote:
mymomlikesdogs wrote: Paul K. was hardly noticeable in Praise the Lowered, but his growls did add some nice weight to the 2nd half of the tune.

DId Paul do the "smoke that fucking weed, boy." line? That was the single moment that hooked me on Decon. The buildup to it was intense, but that single line is awesome.

However, I also voted for Greg. His performance makes the middle section of TMM from pretty standard Devin-stuff to something truly extraordinary.

Greg's my favorite too, but I'm sorry what?

Standard Devin stuff with a symphony counterpointing electronica?
#297872 by UnseenDemise
Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm
Drowd wrote:
As for Joe Duplantier's appearance : I didn't really pay much attention to him at first ( I've never listened to Gojira, maybe I should but that's another story) but after seeing how many peeps voted for him I gave him a second listen and I have to say he really gives the song a big boost.
The ''SO MUCH THAT I WANT TO ?'' part just kicks so much asses ! Props to the man.

Gojira is one of the best bands all in all I have heard in a long time. The unique sound - musicianship - lyrical content.. its just all A+. Certainly my fav "metal" band of the past few years. I was very pleasantly surprised to see Joe appearing on this album. If you haven't listened to Gojira you are really missing out on some amazing sound. Heres a link to a live show they played.. freaking amazing. http://youtu.be/iJhkhmgZXRk