Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#281413 by Dublin Frank
Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 am
This has probably been discussed before but, does anyone else find connections between hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and decon?

Guy gets transported away from home. Finds out a 'false' meaning of life, main character ends up where he starts etc. Both have this underlying metaphor of the ridiculousness (and humor!) of searching for the meaning of life and how little it means?

What do ya'll think?
#281934 by Slingshotjr
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 am
i played the title track for a friend of mine yesterday, first thing he said was "that reminds me of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" lol
#281979 by Tall-Latte
Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:27 am
Slingshotjr wrote:i played the title track for a friend of mine yesterday, first thing he said was "that reminds me of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" lol

i need more friends like this. most of mine ran away!
#282038 by catharsis
Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:35 am
never would've made that connection but fair enough.
#282074 by Tall-Latte
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 pm
to be honest... and this will be a long honest post.

i think the hitchhikers reference sits better with ziltoid....

basically, ziltoid/vogons decide they dont like the earth for thier lack of coffee/being apathetic in the decision for the hyperspaceway link.. they both destroy the planet.. and then captain spectacular/the heart of gold are locked in pursuit of ziltoid/vogons..

in my head the characture of captain spectacular looks like zaphod from the recent remake anyway..

oh wasnt a long as i anticipated.. story of my life.
#282138 by mikejs
Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am
For some reason I keep coming back to the idea of Devin as Zaphod, with Ziltoid as the extra head.
#282157 by Tall-Latte
Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 am
"some of my personality traits were not deemed presidential quality" utters Devin.

"NONSENSE!" Cries the Prime Minister "Ziltoid is perfect for President, one else we know lives up to being both Omnisciences!!"
#282793 by twentyjunious
Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:23 pm
Theres a vid of Devin playing the song 'Deconstruction' to a pretty unimpressed crowd, and when explaining it, says "...It's very Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy." :D
#282962 by Tall-Latte
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 am
oh GOD!

every single of my being want to shake those people up and demand to know whats the matter with them? why are they standing around like gormless muppets? im hoping its because theyre blown away by the very skill of it all, and not because theyre stuffy middle of the road coporate rock fans who need to have something as creationally brilliant as the storyline parodied to a once great novel, now passable movie. gaaah

Dev, i feel for you sir, i kinda got the feeling that you died a little when you have to explain yourself and your work. when ive produced music, and found myself having to explain myself about what ive made.. its like a comedian explaining the joke.. gah. i died. even if you didnt Dev, shit. if i was in that crowd, youd fully appreciate the fact id be rocking the hell out..

i know you survived just fine, but it validates my belief that most people are just morons... if they couldnt get the thesis with irony.. the vegetarian and cheeseburger idealogy.. then dammit is there loss.

and the 'please like my elbow dance even though you didnt get my music you derps' at 5.10 just confirms this.

bless you dev. and i apologise for the rest of society.