Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#258385 by noobpotato
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 am
FUBAR wrote:
The Dev wrote:Greg from Dillinger sings in Masturbator as well

Sweet, so where does Paul K fit into things?

Assuming hes on poltergeist, since thats the only left without a guest (i think)
#258421 by Aniland
Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm
I dreamt last night that I had this album. Oh man. "Stand", "The Mighty Masturbator", and "Planet of the Apes" were my favorites.
#258480 by The Dev
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 am
Paul has a smaller part in Praise The Lowered where he adds death vocals to the main line... helped me in a pinch!
#258495 by Poop
Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:36 am
Epic guest list is epic. Akerfelt hell yeah!
Does Thordendal play some fusion solo or what does he do?
#258519 by Tonya Elf
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 am
Aniland wrote:I dreamt last night that I had this album. Oh man. "Stand", "The Mighty Masturbator", and "Planet of the Apes" were my favorites.

That is amazing! 2 nights ago I dreamt I was at a DTP show and he was playing all his new stuff! I wish I could have recorded what was going on in my head, I just don't know how my subconscious mind created that.
#258559 by Aniland
Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 pm
Well put. :) I dream a lot about music I'm anticipating. I'm sure I did it with Addicted when that was anticipa-...

Wow, that was a year and a half ago. I'm... whoa
#258663 by PaleHaunt
Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:13 pm
The Dev wrote:Paul has a smaller part in Praise The Lowered where he adds death vocals to the main line... helped me in a pinch!

It was my pleasure!
#258670 by mrbean667
Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:49 pm
Hey Paul!
Looking forward to your addition!
#259228 by Dillinger
Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:10 am
The Dev wrote:Greg from Dillinger sings in Masturbator as well

:mrgreen: Two of my favourite vocalists together, I can't wait. That said I'm a huge fan of everyone involved in this album. Hopefully one day you'll work with Ginger again too.
#259433 by Voradin
Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm
Hey Dev, in case you're reading...
I read your comments on the "story" that Deconstruction tells and just when I thought I couldn't look forward to this album any more than I already did, now I see myself going over the line into zealot territory where I'm going to be flagging down random motorists and pedestrians and trying to get them to listen to this album and apply the "lessons learned" to their own lives...!

I recently went through my own personal "deconstruction" last year, except for me it was the realization that I had been so "programmed" (by parents, exes, peers, society in general) as to what I am supposed to want to do and want to be and want to have that I had completely lost sight of who I really was, what I really liked and didn't like, and what I wanted to do with my life, and that unconscious conflict had been the real hidden cause of several pretty severe mental breakdowns (the life-changing kind, not just the "had a bad week" kind). So, inspired by the term "deconstruction" and what at the time I thought it might mean, I stripped everything down (in terms of perspective, etc) to a child-like quality, and essentially rebooted my entire outlook on life. Now things that used to drive me nuts don't bother me, and I'm no longer wasting valuable time doing things that have no meaning for me and instead (trying) to spend that time doing things that do matter and have meaning.

Even though I haven't even heard your album yet (except for the YouTube stuff), and even though your Deconstruction story is completely different, I still feel like I need to give you credit for the spark that set me on that journey. So, go off to whatever you're about to do knowing that not only are you an incredible musician, but that you have helped some of your fans in ways that you probably never thought possible, just by being who you are and doing what you do!

Cheers!
#259757 by Aniland
Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm
^Thank you for this post. I love seeing expressions of people's love for music, especially when that love comes through the vehicle of anticipation. :) I enjoyed your story.
#260470 by DevinJayLeibe
Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 pm
I too have never been more excited for a release than I am now. I remember before Ki I told someone my favourite artist was releasing a succession of 4 albums and I was all like, In your face, your band is only releasing ONE MEASLY album next year. My friend was not convinced, and said that the albums were going to be shit because you can't just go and release 4 albums and have them all be amazing, that's against the rules.

And that was the most wrong anybody ever was.
#260477 by Mr.J
Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Against the rules. :lol: