Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#260699 by static2
Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 pm
anything through HevyDevy (the "buy album" links on the Music page of this website) is going to go toward Dev and the label more than, say, buying physically from a store or Inside Out Media or whoever else.
#260725 by Augmented9th
Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:38 am
Gerg wrote:
Negoba wrote:Devin tweeted about the splattering diarrhea review...the butt humor made me think maybe he wrote parts of the review himself as a joke.

It does seem strange for a review to come out so early.

I'm one of the few old codgers who has never gotten an early leak copy of anything. Probably my own ineptitude than anything, but I'm not starting now. Anyone know where to buy the albums where the greatest proportion of my cash goes to Devin or the band?

Yeah i would like to know that too. I guess his website should do the trick though

On tour, at the merch stand I would reckon.
#260728 by Gerg
Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 am
Augmented9th wrote:
Gerg wrote:
Negoba wrote:Devin tweeted about the splattering diarrhea review...the butt humor made me think maybe he wrote parts of the review himself as a joke.

It does seem strange for a review to come out so early.

I'm one of the few old codgers who has never gotten an early leak copy of anything. Probably my own ineptitude than anything, but I'm not starting now. Anyone know where to buy the albums where the greatest proportion of my cash goes to Devin or the band?

Yeah i would like to know that too. I guess his website should do the trick though

On tour, at the merch stand I would reckon.

yeah, but for 'home delivery' let's say ;-)
#265491 by Leechmaster
Mon May 09, 2011 2:39 am
ElectricRed wrote:Where can I preorder Decon+Ghost? Didn't find anything on the HDR site or the eBay site.

Pre-ordering starts May 16th. We're not sure yet whether it'll be HDR/InsideOut/CMDistro who'll be doing it yet though.
#265505 by Naffis-kun
Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 am
Where's the track "Amphibian" from the album?

What happened to Amphibian? ;__;

NOOOOOO
#265542 by Jaglavak
Mon May 09, 2011 7:39 am
Naffis-kun wrote:Where's the track "Amphibian" from the album?

What happened to Amphibian? ;__;

NOOOOOO

Uh... Amphibian?

Not to call myself an authority on all things DTP (because, really, I've been following Devin for maybe a quarter of the time that most people here have) but I've never even heard of a demo called Amphibian. For any of the four albums, actually. The only outtakes I've heard of for Deconstruction are Ho Krll, Mad at my Dad, Brownman, and a fourth track, supposedly. If someone else knows something I don't, though, feel free to correct me... because that's actually a pretty interesting song name, assuming this track was meant for Deconstruction and it's real.
#265614 by static2
Mon May 09, 2011 10:12 am
^ from my deleted entry to the Wikipedia article on Decon:
Unused tracks or titles revealed from the album's recording include "Save the World," "Illuminati," "Mad at My Dad," "Morbid," "Brownman," "Turning Black," "The Universe," and "Ho Krll." (Text version of recording whiteboard tracklist) The working title for "The Mighty Masturbator" appears to be "TraeStorz". The working title for "Deconstruction" was "Cheeseburger". One of the unused titles may be a working title for "Sumeria," which did not appear on the whiteboard tracklist.

and the reference title for the "Infinite Waltz" reprise in "Masturbator" is "The Punisher."
... and there's a part in the middle of "Masturbator" with lines about "saving the world," so maybe that's another one of those titles down.
and here's a little nugget on Amphibian
#266406 by Tonya Elf
Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 am
Tuskan wrote:Albums on the 20th , And dev comes to Portland again with COB to play on the 26th.. woot woot! I really hope he plays Stand

Me too! Play Stand in Portland! I'll be the one screaming my head off.
#269990 by steinvegardstavik
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:43 am
Just to get this straight.

Did Devin say on some video that both Deconstruction and Ghost would be double records?

Because... reading around this forum it seems that only Ghost is double?

*confused*
#269991 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:14 am
He was considering making Deconstruction a double, but it turns out that only a single disc was required. Outtakes to go towards the box set.
As for Ghost, he's split those recordings into Ghost & Ghost 2 (the latter of which should be released later in the year, though Dev has indicated he'll release it as a free download as well).