Peace to you
#272623 by HauntingTheHoly
Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:57 pm
DimmuO wrote:
HauntingTheHoly wrote: "What *are* the lyrics first heard in the song and then repeated throughout, heard almost in the background? Sounds sorta like "Soul of the mind" or something similar?

Sounds like some type of yoga chanting to me. My girlfriend sings it: "Su na ma mai" and that sure sounds silly. :lol:

Hehe. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she's right, knowing Dev. But I suspect it's english, it sounds like it to me and I think I just have piss-poor hearing. But who knows? Maybe someone else will chime in.

Quick side note: Listening to Heart Baby while typing this and there were similar background lyrics in which I heard "Cold in the Mountain" - that one was unmistakeable though.
#272773 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 am
Yesterday, I sat on a hillside near a babbling river in the blaring 30+ degree sun and gave Ghost my first listen.

Oh, man. Just too beautiful 8)

(even worth the mad sun burn I have this morning :roll: :mrgreen: )
#273010 by barackobaka
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
double post, but Ghost is the biggest "grower" of the DTP, even moreso than Ki I think.
I mean, its amazing on first listen too but it just keeps getting better.
I thought Decon would be my favourite by far, and although it is brilliant and I love it, Ghost is really something special.
No doubt one of the best records Devin has ever made! :D
#273077 by berserkur
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm
barackobaka wrote:double post, but Ghost is the biggest "grower" of the DTP, even moreso than Ki I think.
I mean, its amazing on first listen too but it just keeps getting better

I agree. Although it didn't impress me too much at first or second listen. After hearing it for about 10 times it has caught me for the most part.
The first half of the album is amazing. However the flowing outros/interludes, atmospheric flute passages can get too overdone in some of the second half.
#273079 by barackobaka
Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 pm
berserkur wrote:
barackobaka wrote:double post, but Ghost is the biggest "grower" of the DTP, even moreso than Ki I think.

I agree. Although it didn't impress me too much at first or second listen. After hearing it for about 10 times it has caught me for the most part.
The first half of the album is amazing. However the flowing outros/interludes, atmospheric flute passages can get too overdone in some of the second half.

No way, I love that stuff!
#273089 by Captain Awesome
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm
berserkur wrote:

I'm of the same opinion. I love love love the first half but then, as you say the flowing outros/interludes, atmospheric flute passages can get too overdone in some of the second half.
#273302 by ferocitas
Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am
After-First-Listen mental imprint:

Ghost is very easy, flowing past like a cloud. At parts like Angelo Badalamenti in Twin Peaks. And the flute and general feeling has a lot of Deuter in there as well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuter). Can't remember if Dev had listened to Deuter or not, though. Anyone remember?
#273794 by Sinkharmony
Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am
I have to say that there is one thing about Ghost which is very confusing. Now, I've been told to Sit in the Mountain before and I thought that was the end of the discussion on mountains and what to do with them.

Now I'm getting the conflicting message to Fly over the mountain. So, what's it supposed to be? Have we progressed from sitting to flying now or is it OK if I still sit since I find it quite comfortable.
#273799 by mikejs
Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:28 pm
In addicted, you're also advised to "be like the mountain", which doesn't seem a compatible course of action with either flying over it or sitting in it.

Then there's "It's just another mountain" from Terria.

Lot of it about, clearly.