Peace to you
#271808 by the_s_rabbit
Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:11 pm
Thought, I'd start a thread for this as many will have these four tracks now off Ghost 2, yet many others do not.

We've all heard Fall and Drench. Definitely awesome to hear the complete productions!

The bass on Mend...woah, trippy shit!

Watch You ... reminds me of Chrono Trigger for the SNES when it first starts, not sure why... and then of course at the 5 minute mark we get a special treat. A fair amount of dance/electronic beats going on. Killer track! Might end up being a favorite and I'll probably be craving more tunes in that sort of style.

Definitely a bit of a darker vibe for Ghost 2...thus far.

CDs better be waiting for me at home!
#271814 by tk6yG2
Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:12 pm
I may end up liking Ghost 2 better than both Deconstruction and Ghost. It gives me a sort of Ki vibe at times, which was the album that got me into Dev..

Btw Drench may be my favorite song off the whole project.
#271827 by static2
Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 pm
LeperMessiah1170 wrote:You think 'Watch You' is a bit of a reference to 'Man'? It's probably fairly obvious though.

can't say i hear a "Man" reference, but it's definitely got the "Stand" riff in there for a little while.
#271832 by LeperMessiah1170
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm
static2 wrote:
LeperMessiah1170 wrote:You think 'Watch You' is a bit of a reference to 'Man'? It's probably fairly obvious though.

can't say i hear a "Man" reference, but it's definitely got the "Stand" riff in there for a little while.

The first line in 'Man' is "I watch you, in my silence..."
#271920 by No OnE
Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 am
static2 wrote:

It reminded me of Man, even without me recognizing the lyrical similarities! Interesting, I bet it was slightly intentional (even if it was something Dev just kinda stumbled upon at first). Great track regardless.
#271937 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 am
I really loved the way Watch You felt like it was bringing everything together? Again this could be because it was the last song I heard after listening to the whole project. But there's the Stand riff, it's heavy, mellow, and by the end you'd swear it was a short song because you want it to be longer.

Drench is a regular listen for me when it's raining or, when it's not raining, I put www.rainymood.com on.
#271964 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 am
I didn't buy mine from CM but instead got the omerch release.....and that also had the download code for the four tracks tucked away inside the case for Deconstruction.

Seems they are NOT CM exclusives but for everybody as that same double set is on the shelf in places like HMV etc!
#271965 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 am
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I didn't buy mine from CM but instead got the omerch release.....and that also had the download code for the four tracks tucked away inside the case for Deconstruction.

Seems they are NOT CM exclusives but for everybody as that same double set is on the shelf in places like HMV etc!

Awesome, that means I'll get them too! :) Thanks for clearing that up.
#272099 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm
Drench,
Mend,
Fall,
Watch You

as per:

Radial Highway
Drench
Mend
Fall
Watch You