Peace to you
#272003 by Octillus
Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am
Yes, absolutely. In particular my friend Aryn can barely make it a minute in without bawling.
#272145 by shredi knight
Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 pm
No (I just had something stuck in my eye).
#272172 by Sanne
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 am
I listened to it in the train a few days ago, and had to skip to the next song.
#272265 by No OnE
Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm
It hasn't gotten to me quite that deeply, but i'm also kind of a hard ass in the emotional sense (or rather, I'm very apathetic). The only time I cried during a DT song (and probably any song, ever) was during Ki one time, and I'm pretty sure I was far from sober and having one of those extremely deep epiphany-on-life moments at the same time, haha. It takes a lot to make me cry!

I kinda wish I could allow my emotions to fluctuate a bit more, it's something I need to work on. I never get overly excited or upset towards anything, I'm pretty flat-lined usually.
#272285 by niklang
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm
I don't find it to be a sad song...more like a song that puts a big smile on my face. Different strokes I guess.
My girlfriend has no interest in music by Dev but she loves this song. From the opening guitar part right through to the chorus its just a great song....so much joy in it.
#272295 by Faffy
Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm
Not really. I don't find it sad - all though very beautiful! However I do find myself sway from side to side unconsciously to it every now and then. :P
#272312 by stubear280
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 pm
It makes me really miss being a kid. Something about the atmosphere of it reminds me of childhood. Not many songs have that feel to it.
#272436 by antikythera
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 pm
stubear280 wrote:It makes me really miss being a kid. Something about the atmosphere of it reminds me of childhood. Not many songs have that feel to it.

You loaded all your dolls and toys into the car...

I think that line has a lot to do with it, at least for me. I get the same feeling... really strongly.

It's actually a really negative feeling for me... It's all in my head, but I can pin down why I think. I've got pretty bad anxiety about my actions and the way I conduct myself (although I'm ostensibly fine) and a lot of it has to do with feeling terrified as I approach adulthood. I also had a really bad experience with weed... and I mean really bad... and it contributed a lot. I basically spent five hours staring forward feeling pre-fetal and too utterly terrified of my own volition too move... I'm also bipolar and I have heard (from Dev and from other sources) that weed and bipolar disorder don't mix well at all.

But the details are neither here nor there. The point is that all these feelings come forward when I listed to (specifically that line of) Feather and it's extremely depressing. It's a great song and my reaction to it is idiosyncratically linked with my personal identity, though, and I still appreciate the song very very much.
#272544 by gurp13
Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:28 am
ppinkham wrote:If this album came out before I was a dad, it probably wouldn't have brought tears to my eyes. I've become a lot more in touch with my feelings since then. A lot more.

This.