Peace to you
#272189 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 am
(Click for full version)

Anybody else been inspired already?
#272216 by CutManMetal
Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 am
Musically, but I have nothing to record and show for it, yet. Deconstruction and Ghost have really made me want to up my game, make my music crazier and more atmospheric, heavier and more beautiful. It's interesting.
#272270 by No OnE
Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 pm
Inspired in a philosophical sense, absolutely. Both Decon & Ghost have done that for me, because both have contributed to pulling my mind open enough to look at my life and evaluate what really matters. They aren't the only sources of such change in me (I read a lot, too), but they definitely push me in the same direction as what I read does. Perhaps that's why I've connected so well with what Devin has been doing with these last few albums, because he's growing as a person (as apparent in both his lyrics & numerous interviews) and I've intentionally been pushing myself to do the same thing over the last couple years.

As far as musically (cuz I've played drums and wrote music in FL studio for what seems like forever), Ghost is stretching my musical palette a lot more than Decon has. My first listen of Ghost, if I hadn't known beforehand that it was awesome (Dev himself kept saying he loved it...and Dev knows his shit), I might have pushed it aside thinking it was too out-there in terms of style for me. It took me 3 spins to really start getting into it, and now I can't get enough of it :D
#272272 by Lettuce
Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm
Nothing yet as I've been working constantly, but I did put Ghost on while lifecasting some kids, and things went pretty well...so I reckon Ghost helped. Maybe.