Peace to you
#272591 by Jaglavak
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:21 pm
Not sure if this deserves it's own topic, but I didn't really know where else to bring this up. Does anyone else hear (very) faint harsh vocals from Dev in either of the aforementioned songs? In Texada, specifically, right after the second 'do you need some company?' - it sounds like he's yelling something in the background. Same goes for Blackberry; it was near the end, somewhere.

Just want to make sure my ears aren't playing tricks on me...
#272632 by swervedriver
Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:10 am
I know it's there in Blackberry, there he's screaming "it's you" before it goes into the "young love, it's on the blackberry vine" lines. In Texada I don't really hear anything like it in the part you're describing. Might be some samples that make it sound like screaming?
#272864 by shredi knight
Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm
Damn, and I thought Ghost was Dev's first scream free, clean vocals only album. :lol:
#272911 by Jaglavak
Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:53 am
shredi knight wrote:Damn, and I thought Ghost was Dev's first scream free, clean vocals only album. :lol:

YES! This is what I was thinking when I thought I was hearing things, haha. I have no problem with it, but I just wanted to be sure... Ghost being the 'soft' album and all that. Guess I was hearing right after all.
#274714 by BauldieorSkills
Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:31 pm
The quiet screaming in Texada is there, also sounds like a faint sample of some of the heavier samples from Deconstruction in the backgrounds, its brilliant, you feel like its just about to break into a heavy part and ruin the feel of the song but at the last moment pulls out and keeps it clean, gets my heart racing :)
#274752 by mrbean667
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 am
There's screaming and electric guitars in Texada fo sho, but for some reason I think that it adds to the ambience. Remember during the Ki arpeggios? There's some pretty angry screaming going on there, but it doesn't sound... angry?