Peace to you
#259895 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm
I rather like the artwork. I was expecting something more akin to the slipcase, but I think it suits what music I have heard from Ghost so far.
#259896 by Octillus
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:01 pm
I honestly feel the slipcase more when I think about the album. I think this is awesome... but it totally reminds me of Lisa Frank unicorns.
#259898 by Medisinyl
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 pm
Looks quite nice to me, though I may prefer the slipcase. There was a time that I'd grab up unknown albums based on their artwork (Testament's Souls of Black for example...I must have been 9 or 10 =P... Saxon's Unleash the Beast was another [neither failed me...some others did :sad: ]), but nowadays the only albums I tend to buy are anticipated releases, so it doesn't matter what the cover looks like. However, if Decon and Ghost are released on vinyl, the quadrilogy would be nice to display as artwork on the wall :wink: Displaying CDs as art just doesn't work...
#259939 by Faffy
Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:20 am
I think the cover captures the feeling of Ghost that I have in mind, both the colors and the long exposure. I'm not sure about the typography though, but it works.

Now... where are the unicorns?! :P
#259960 by berserkur
Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:22 am
Wow, I just listened to the song yesterday as I saw a comment on facebook about it. I was about to post a special thread on this forum. But then I found it hidden here, you bastards! :lol:

It gets better with each listening, I'm on my fourth.
#260005 by Estbarul
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:23 pm
I´m not reading any of these lyrics, I can´t get the right feelin about them without the music, but damn, this wait for the record is going to be hard! It´s going to be my first pre order of the year for sure! (I hope devin give us some non-black t shirt bundles too :D).

Anyway, Dev doesn´t seem to have much faith in this album, but for me, it´s a sure pre order, opposite to decon, wich I´m going to hear it somewhere (download) before buying it, I don´t know if I´m going to like it, don´t know why :/
#260007 by Medisinyl
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 pm
Estbarul wrote:I´m not reading any of these lyrics, I can´t get the right feelin about them without the music, but damn, this wait for the record is going to be hard! It´s going to be my first pre order of the year for sure! (I hope devin give us some non-black t shirt bundles too :D).

Anyway, Dev doesn´t seem to have much faith in this album, but for me, it´s a sure pre order, opposite to decon, wich I´m going to hear it somewhere (download) before buying it, I don´t know if I´m going to like it, don´t know why :/

Inevitably, there will be a lot of Dev fans that don't like Decon and those that don't like Ghost. The fact that we'll be getting them both at the same time is absolutely perfect, and assuming what Dev intended works out, they will enhance one another. What we assume based on the individual tracks we've heard may be completely different when we hear the two albums back to back. I've seen revelations more than once on this board where people don't get a Dev album, give it a good enough shot, then somehow the whole album clicks (myself included).
#260009 by Octillus
Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm
I've warmed to the artwork, fairly considerably. I still think it's a jarringly different piece of art than the slipcase, but eh, so it goes.

Feather discussion: Love some of the groovy bass on this song. That's an instrument that sometimes can get a little overshadowed in Dev's material, so it's cool to hear some neat-o stuff on the 4-stringed front.
#260013 by PeteyPies
Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:39 pm
Estbarul wrote:I´m not reading any of these lyrics, I can´t get the right feelin about them without the music, but damn, this wait for the record is going to be hard! It´s going to be my first pre order of the year for sure! (I hope devin give us some non-black t shirt bundles too :D).

I'm pretty sure he has said that it is his favourite album of the 4. Can't have much more faith than that.
#260018 by Medisinyl
Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:19 pm
PeteyPies wrote:

I'm pretty sure he has said that it is his favourite album of the 4. Can't have much more faith than that.

I'm sure he was referring to Dev expecting it to fall flat for many fans (I assume particularly for the batch that came to him through SYL). However, I've never met anyone that already knows who Devin Townsend is. It would seem that to even know Dev, you would have to be fairly open minded to new music and have diverse tastes. I could be wrong, but perhaps Dev underestimates the ability for his fans to equally appreciate his moments of chaos and tranquility.
#260020 by Zion
Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm
Just heard the stream of Feather posted on blabbermouth. Really a touching song. Finds its way to the core delivering peace. Well done.
#260026 by Estbarul
Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:05 pm
Medisinyl wrote:I'm sure he was referring to Dev expecting it to fall flat for many fans (I assume particularly for the batch that came to him through SYL). However, I've never met anyone that already knows who Devin Townsend is. It would seem that to even know Dev, you would have to be fairly open minded to new music and have diverse tastes. I could be wrong, but perhaps Dev underestimates the ability for his fans to equally appreciate his moments of chaos and tranquility.

Exactly. From what I´ve read of Dev, he doesn´t have that much of faith in ghost sells... But anyway, that´s what I guess he thinks.

As the people I know who likes Dev, most of them likes the more heavy devy music, but yeah, I agree totally in the sense that Dev offers so many different types of music that a non fairly open minded person will like any of his stuff.
#260033 by shredi knight
Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 pm
I think I found Admiral Ackbar:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
#260034 by shredi knight
Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 pm
Jabba The Hutt too:

That's a pretty cool tie-in with the cover of Addicted (which obviously had the 3 lightsabers on it). :wink: