Peace to you
#260048 by urgentfax
Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:34 am
Estbarul wrote:
Medisinyl wrote:I'm sure he was referring to Dev expecting it to fall flat for many fans (I assume particularly for the batch that came to him through SYL). However, I've never met anyone that already knows who Devin Townsend is. It would seem that to even know Dev, you would have to be fairly open minded to new music and have diverse tastes. I could be wrong, but perhaps Dev underestimates the ability for his fans to equally appreciate his moments of chaos and tranquility.

Exactly. From what I´ve read of Dev, he doesn´t have that much of faith in ghost sells... But anyway, that´s what I guess he thinks.

As the people I know who likes Dev, most of them likes the more heavy devy music, but yeah, I agree totally in the sense that Dev offers so many different types of music that a non fairly open minded person will like any of his stuff.

I've been a huge Dev fan for years and like just about everythin hes done, but my girlfriend isnt a metal fan, but heard Ki and its become one of her fav albums ever. She likes Addicted too, (apart from Universe In A Ball which she said is too heavy :( ), but shes really looking forward to Ghost. As you said Dev offers loads of different types and has something for just about anyone, even people who aren't big fans of metal. I'll be buying Decon, while she'll get ghost :guitar:
#260062 by Faffy
Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 am
shredi knight wrote:Jabba The Hutt too:

Great, now I'm always gonna see Jabba whenever I look at the Ghost cover. Thanks. :P
#260082 by catharsis
Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:51 am
that rock in the center kind of looks like an ewok. that mountain in the background kind of looks like a sandcrawler. which can only mean one thing: the O in ghost is the death star exploding!

#260093 by Wander
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:49 pm
I personally like the cover. Cool long exposure shot. And it's obviously some kind of tribute to Star Wars...
#260106 by shredi knight
Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm
Faffy wrote:Great, now I'm always gonna see Jabba whenever I look at the Ghost cover. Thanks. :P

I knew someone was going to say I ruined the cover for them. :lol:

If it would help any, what is supposed to be Jabba's "mouth" in the picture also looks like a sideways vagina. Maybe seeing that instead will help you (extra points if you can find the clitoris). :D
#260122 by Faffy
Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:36 am
shredi knight wrote:
Faffy wrote:Great, now I'm always gonna see Jabba whenever I look at the Ghost cover. Thanks. :P

If it would help any, what is supposed to be Jabba's "mouth" in the picture also looks like a sideways vagina. Maybe seeing that instead will help you (extra points if you can find the clitoris). :D

Jabba's mouth is a vagina... oh yeah, much better now. :P
#260242 by Alpenglow
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 pm
Faffy wrote:
shredi knight wrote:

Jabba's mouth is a vagina... oh yeah, much better now. :P

HAHAHAHA

God i love this forum
#260329 by Jaglavak
Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 am
CGuitar2112 wrote:And it appears we have a release date! :mrgreen: Twitter says June 20th....MAN that's feelin' like a long way away right now!

And it feels like even longer ago that I was watching the first preview for Ghost in September, thinking 'MAN, MARCH?!? How am I ever gonna wait that long?' If it wasn't for the faith that I have in these albums being so incredible, I'd have given up by now... suddenly, three more months doesn't seem like that much of a big deal to me. Just reading Dev's twitter gives us all an idea as to how hard the guy's been working (both for us, and on tour, and everything else) so the wait hasn't got to me as much as it would otherwise. Whenever the pre-orders for both albums are finally put up, then I'll be happy... :D

Oh, and thanks to all the people in this topic who have ASSURED that I'll never be able to look at Ghost's cover the same way ever again, haha.
#260383 by mrbean667
Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:36 pm
June 20?
Not as bad as I thought. At least CM haven't moved it back again.
#261404 by Sanne
Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:52 am
ppinkham wrote:I'm really looking forward to this album. With all of the chaos and unrest in my life right now, I need mellow. Bad. June 20th can't come soon enough.

I agree 100%
#263896 by ChaosD.
Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 am
The shit going on in my life right now, without those few leaked tracks I already would be lost! Kawaii, Feather and Fly have given me comfort when everything else hasnt. I cannot wait for June 20th :mrgreen:
#263924 by FUBAR
Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am
ppinkham wrote:I'm really looking forward to this album. With all of the chaos and unrest in my life right now, I need mellow. Bad. June 20th can't come soon enough.

I think alot of people may feel the same way. I certainly need bit of floaty ethereal beauty in my life right now. I'm hoping 'Ghost' will leak before my holiday so I can chill in the sun listening to it on my ipod :)