Got any questions for Dev's management? Ask Jasper!
#305302 by izumix
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 pm
Hi Jasper. I am a Japanese Devin fan.

When is Epicloud released in Japan? I asked a man of Japanese record company(Marquee/Avalon) about it before, he gave me a ambiguous answer :?

And can I expect for some bonus tracks in only Japanese edition? Recent four DTP albums are not included it, but previous Devin's albums of Japanese edition often include some bonus tracks.

Sorry if you are unable to answer. Thank you.
#305366 by JasperNMC
Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 am
We actually JUST got the contract in from the Japanese distributor which we'll review and hopefully be able to agree upon. If all goes well the release date should be in September or October at the very latest. Bonus tracks depend on which configurations they'll release as we pretty much used all the tracks we have already on the various configurations Century Media is releasing in US and Europe.

Same applies to Canada BTW which is also a seperate deal, not included with Century Media. We're also discussing distribution in Australia and NZ at the moment.
#305368 by izumix
Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 am
Thank you for answering my question!

I just checked information about release Epicloud in October, Japan, by Marquee/Avalon.
They doesn't announce detail of it yet, but I am relieved to hear this thing because I was worried if Epicloud is not released in Japan...

I'll wait for detail information from Marquee/Avalon.
#310132 by tcantafio
Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 am
Any word on the Japanese bonus tracks? According to the Avalon Japan website it will be a 2 CD release with bonus tracks. Any idea what they actually are?

Thanks,

Tito
#310152 by JasperNMC
Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 am
Its the song 'Epicloud' which is the bonus track of the Euro and North American vinyl releases. Japan will not have it's own vinyl version so we could use this track for the CD instead.
#310420 by izumix
Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm
Avalon announced the track list, including bonus track "EPICLOUD" and iTunes bonus track "CRY FOREVER" "TAKE MY EGO".
http://www.marquee.co.jp/avalon/devintownsend.html

I already got the physical CD of US edition, but also I'm going to get the Japanese one :)
#310527 by vaijuju
Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 pm
cool, I want to hear "Epicloud", perhaps one day, devin will make a cd with all the bonus tracks and covers ! :)
#310634 by vaijuju
Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 am
Thanks izumix but i don't by it !
#315870 by Fira
Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:47 am
Just seen an Ebay listing for a Korean version with Epicloud as it's bonus track.

It's a lot cheaper too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEVIN-TOWNSEND- ... 1147498865