DTP boxsets galore!
#269543 by stuz
Tue May 31, 2011 3:53 am
I was reading an article on the Italian Metal Hammer magazine, May issue...

There is an the interview with Devin who said that the box set won't be released because in this two years he passed through a lot of experiments and taste changings and a unique box set for such different albums would be pretty schizo.
But here in this forum nobody seems to know that...
So my question is simple:

Is that true!? Ther wont'be any DTP box set?! :cry:
#269578 by Leechmaster
Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am
LOLZ.

This is gonna piss so many people off. Everyone who was waiting for the box set that was never actually confirmed and verified as ever being released beyond Dev saying it was an idea in the back of his mind for whenever it all finished. Failbloooooog. :lol:
#269579 by Lettuce
Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 am
Idea:

If there is no official boxset, make your own!

...put the CDs in a box.

...tadaaaaa!
#269580 by stuz
Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 am
Lettuce wrote:Idea:
If there is no official boxset, make your own!
...put the CDs in a box.
...tadaaaaa!

Well, initially the official box set had to include some extra material and a DVD, so it isn't exactly the same thing :P

If there won't be any box set i'm gonna buy immediately (well, as soon as possible) all CDs separately, no problem, but i'd like to know the truth about this! :D
#269583 by Lettuce
Tue May 31, 2011 9:47 am
I know that saausage, I was just trying to lighten up the situation :P

Maybe just a CD for the extra bits to go with the live DVD and call it "Stuff what didn't fit in the first place."

Either way, I don't care. I'm very easily pleased and not very easily disappointed.
#269584 by Octillus
Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 am
Especially considering that this is from a nonEnglish source, let's wait and see as to what's going on. It could also very well mean that the boxset is now the live stuff rather than the albums that are already out/about to be out.

Also, I don't doubt there'll be a way to get the extras should it come to that. Ass-Sordid III, anyone?
#269586 by stuz
Tue May 31, 2011 10:01 am
On the magazine (metal hammer) is written that the interview was made at the Magazzini Generali, in Milan, when Dev came in Italy, on 19th March. :wink:
#269587 by Lettuce
Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 am
It's not been brough up in any other interview he's done since (and he's done a LOT), so I wouldn't think too hard about it. Dev changes his mind constantly about stuff, so we'll either get one or we won't.
#269592 by Octillus
Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 am
stuz wrote:On the magazine (metal hammer) is written that the interview was made at the Magazzini Generali, in Milan, when Dev came in Italy, on 19th March. :wink:

He's also talked about said boxed set since then.
#269593 by stuz
Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 am
Octillus wrote:
stuz wrote:On the magazine (metal hammer) is written that the interview was made at the Magazzini Generali, in Milan, when Dev came in Italy, on 19th March. :wink:

He's also talked about said boxed set since then.

Yup, that's why i'm asking... :)
I wanted to know the fate of this box set because i'm waiting for it since its announcement.
#269600 by catharsis
Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 am
Lettuce wrote:so we'll either get one or we won't.

thank you for that insightful wisdom! :P

just like ghost 2, i'm sure the extra material will be released eventually but it would be neat to own something physical.
#269605 by fragility
Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 pm
I wouldn't be overly worried, I'm pretty sure it'll still happen...and if not, it wouldn't be the first time that Devin's plans changed and it always works out great on the end anyway :)
#269606 by indo_mex
Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm
My ONLY interest in getting this boxset is for physical copies of unreleased studio material and Ghost 2. As long as these are made available I'm not too bothered.
#269616 by The Dev
Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm
Box set is 100%, assembling it now, sorry for any confusion...the interview must have misinterpreted.