DTP boxsets galore!
#275717 by Ultimetalhead
Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:04 pm
So, with Dev's twitter promising 8 discs and an 80 page hardcover book, I for one am extremely excited.

What I'd really like to know is, how much is this beast going to cost? 8 single CDs would run into $100.00 territory very easily. My wallet is anxious. :P
#275720 by ctfod
Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 pm
I would love to have a Wooden Box with the DTP logo burnt into it (Like the Agalloch box set) with 2-disc Digipaks of the albums/session tracks with new liner notes on the writing of it, a DVD of the recording of it, a DVD of the live shows, and a t-shirt.

And signed. Not only by Dev, but by Ryan, Dave, Duris, Ihsahn, Kat, Anneke, etc
#275724 by Lettuce
Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 pm
I'm wondering how many units are gonna be produced?

DECONSTRUCTION: KARAOKE EDITION.

Also, said it before but I reckon we should have the usual cover contest, but this time we have to MAKE the thing. Physically.
#275738 by mymomlikesdogs
Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:33 pm
This sounds promising. Lookin' forward to this sexiness!

I'm assuming there is going to be a cheaper set without the CDs, just with the bonus stuff.....? I hope so....
#275750 by static2
Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 pm
this is a purchase for sure. the holy grail of Devness!

i am assuming the bonus material will comprise 2 discs of outtakes/bonuses/alternates and 2 video discs (blu-ray?!) of the November gigs? it seems fair. if it is a blu-ray, he might be able to squeeze all 4 gigs onto 1 disc, so there'd be an extra disc for *gasp* Pro Tools sessions :D
#275762 by LeperMessiah1170
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm
static2 wrote:this is a purchase for sure. the holy grail of Devness!

i am assuming the bonus material will comprise 2 discs of outtakes/bonuses/alternates and 2 video discs (blu-ray?!) of the November gigs? it seems fair. if it is a blu-ray, he might be able to squeeze all 4 gigs onto 1 disc, so there'd be an extra disc for *gasp* Pro Tools sessions :D

It's been said that those shows are for a separate release.
#275763 by cheechonaleash
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm
LeperMessiah1170 wrote:
static2 wrote:this is a purchase for sure. the holy grail of Devness!

It's been said that those shows are for a separate release.

I recall reading that the special show DVD's will coincide with the boxset... not be a part of it, as you also mentioned.
#275764 by ppinkham
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm
I asked Devin if there were going to be different versions of the box set, and he said that he thought there'd be two, but wasn't sure. I would assume they would have an "ultimate" type of set with all the bells and whistles, and a budget type of set, maybe with just the DTP CD's and extra song discs.

I think it would be awesome if he just filled up the boxes with actual bells and whistles.

This is the coolest box set I've ever seen: http://www.acdcbacktracks.com/

The box is an actual working guitar amp. That is tits.

[youtube]IiFzwIIw4AA[/youtube]
#275794 by Tonya Elf
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am
That is so cool! I am also curious about how much it will cost. Although in my head it is already bought. So there you go.
#275798 by cheechonaleash
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 am
ppinkham wrote:I asked Devin if there were going to be different versions of the box set, and he said that he thought there'd be two, but wasn't sure. I would assume they would have an "ultimate" type of set with all the bells and whistles, and a budget type of set, maybe with just the DTP CD's and extra song discs.

I think it would be awesome if he just filled up the boxes with actual bells and whistles.

This is the coolest box set I've ever seen: http://www.acdcbacktracks.com/

The box is an actual working guitar amp. That is tits.

[youtube]IiFzwIIw4AA[/youtube]

:lol: Very Dev. I like it!
#275909 by FUBAR
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am
Lettuce wrote:
DECONSTRUCTION: KARAOKE EDITION.

Yes! I was just thinking this.

Decon instrumental version would be very cool!
#275925 by bonekrap44
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:05 pm
ppinkham wrote:I'd just love to hear a lead vocal/choir/orchestra only version of Decon.

YES! From the time he said that there would be an orchestra i wonderded if he would do a simplified verison. That would be awesome.
Also im willing to pay any sum of money for this boxset. $50......$75.........$10000! :D