DTP boxsets galore!
#278246 by mikejs
Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am
mikkomallikas wrote:Got an e-mail from InsideOut today. Here´s the whole thing, long as hell:

And of course we wouldn´t pass on the opportunity to film all four shows for
a DVD box set release to come out sometime next year.

And if that isn’t all, Devin will also release an 8 disc (!!!) box set
through InsideOut Music which is set for release this November.
DT: I just finished the box set, and it's pretty epic... 6 CD´s and 2 DVD´s
full of new material. Plus a 72 page hardcover book and everything including
the kitchen sink basically...

That seems to be talking two different box sets - one with the DVDs of the shows, coming out next year, and another with 6 CDs and 2 DVDs coming out in November. (The 2 DVDs = the protools stuff maybe?)

This makes sense (no way would the show footage be ready for release in November), but everything else I've seen has been talking about just one box set. Anyone seen anything more about this, or is the insideout email all we've got to go on?
#278253 by Octillus
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 pm
mikejs wrote:
mikkomallikas wrote:Got an e-mail from InsideOut today. Here´s the whole thing, long as hell:

And of course we wouldn´t pass on the opportunity to film all four shows for
a DVD box set release to come out sometime next year.

And if that isn’t all, Devin will also release an 8 disc (!!!) box set
through InsideOut Music which is set for release this November.
DT: I just finished the box set, and it's pretty epic... 6 CD´s and 2 DVD´s
full of new material. Plus a 72 page hardcover book and everything including
the kitchen sink basically...

That seems to be talking two different box sets - one with the DVDs of the shows, coming out next year, and another with 6 CDs and 2 DVDs coming out in November. (The 2 DVDs = the protools stuff maybe?)

This makes sense (no way would the show footage be ready for release in November), but everything else I've seen has been talking about just one box set. Anyone seen anything more about this, or is the insideout email all we've got to go on?

that same email says they're filming it for a set, which is clearly not the same as the boxset. The reason they're not calling it a box is because it's probably going to be one DVD case with however many disks the show will require (prolly 2, maybe 3 with bonus features)
#278255 by catharsis
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 pm
as far as i know, it was never stated that the live dvds would be included in this boxset. though it was speculated that they MAY be. and yea, now that the release is announced, i bet the live shows will be a double dvd, not a 2nd "box set"

i hope ghost 2 is a separate release instead of included in this as that would only leave 1 disc for bonus stuff, most of which we've already heard.
#278669 by sylkicks
Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:11 pm
Lettuce wrote:I know the news, he's about to birth a squid. We're all very proud.

Now I never said I was good at Photoshop...
#278673 by sylkicks
Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Lettuce wrote:THAT AN OCTODEV! NOT A SQUID! D:

Haha I know, I was gonna do a squid but they have weirdly long heads that are hard to cover up by normal sized (albeit bald) Devin heads. And google images failed me by not giving me a good angle on which to attach a Dev head :D
#278682 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 am
I think they all look really fabulous. Should be the second mascot to come. Or Ziltoid could keep it as a pet.