DTP boxsets galore!
#291686 by Matt08642
Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm
Anyone know if this song (or similar songs) will be released again some time in the future? I would LOVE an album of stuff like Juno!

Most likely my favorite track on the whole box set so far
#291711 by Tang
Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 pm
Matt08642 wrote:Anyone know if this song (or similar songs) will be released again some time in the future? I would LOVE an album of stuff like Juno!

I have a feeling Epicloud will have lots of stuff like Juno..
#291712 by Matt08642
Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm
Tang wrote:
Matt08642 wrote:Anyone know if this song (or similar songs) will be released again some time in the future? I would LOVE an album of stuff like Juno!

I have a feeling Epicloud will have lots of stuff like Juno..

My body isn't ready
#291718 by Matt08642
Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:I thought the song title was about Ellen Page because she's Canadian too and well, you know...

Or it's his entry to win a Juno award :lol:
#291719 by Telescopes Are Gay
Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:15 am
Matt08642 wrote:
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:I thought the song title was about Ellen Page because she's Canadian too and well, you know...

Or it's his entry to win a Juno award :lol:

Yeah I know, but I like my theory better. :lol:
#291722 by Ageia
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 am
i thought it was called juno because that was the beach the canadians took on dday
#291723 by Matt08642
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 am
Ageia wrote:i thought it was called juno because that was the beach the canadians took on dday

Well damn, thats a mighty badass reason. Im gonna go with that, just cause.
#291728 by Stantheman
Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:48 am
Very good song indeed, but the autotune moment really did surprise me. Did not expect Dev to go this far!

Wonder why it was cut out.. Too popy?

Great song, very catchy and great chorus. He should try it live :D
#291744 by OnslaughtSix
Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:38 am
Autotune moment? You mean when he's got that phasing effect on his vocal that's shown up in a handful of songs before?
#291747 by TerminX
Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:04 am
Stantheman wrote:Very good song indeed, but the autotune moment really did surprise me. Did not expect Dev to go this far!

Wonder why it was cut out.. Too popy?

Great song, very catchy and great chorus. He should try it live :D

>Too poppy
>for Addicted

Son, what are you even
#291748 by shredi knight
Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:34 am
Dev explains in the book that the song is about how for years he has being completely ignored by the Canadian music industry and felt like an outsider or alien because of it, while "everyone and their dog" seems to get a Juno award (Canada's equivalent to the Grammy I take it) for producing "commercial tripe".

Like I said before, awesome song. Wish it had been on Addicted. If Devin did nothing else but put out albums with stuff like this, I would be perfectly fine with it. :D
#291750 by Stantheman
Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 am
OnslaughtSix wrote:Autotune moment? You mean when he's got that phasing effect on his vocal that's shown up in a handful of songs before?

Well yeah don't really what is the proper name for it :p I never heard it so clearly before, what other songs are you thinking of?

@TerminX,

It feels much popier than everything on addicted to me, but maybe that is just me :oops:

If Dev is selected for the Juno's, he should play this, just for the lulz
#291756 by shredi knight
Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am
Stantheman wrote:It feels much popier than everything on addicted to me, but maybe that is just me :oops:

Poppier than 'Bend It Like Bender'? :?
#291767 by Matt08642
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm
shredi knight wrote:Dev explains in the book that the song is about how for years he has being completely ignored by the Canadian music industry and felt like an outsider or alien because of it, while "everyone and their dog" seems to get a Juno award (Canada's equivalent to the Grammy I take it) for producing "commercial tripe".

Like I said before, awesome song. Wish it had been on Addicted. If Devin did nothing else but put out albums with stuff like this, I would be perfectly fine with it. :D

It's alright, the Juno awards are a fucking joke.