DTP boxsets galore!
#291809 by No OnE
Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:25 pm
Stantheman wrote:
OnslaughtSix wrote:If Dev is selected for the Juno's, he should play this, just for the lulz

Touche, and he should have people run out on stage during the performance to read newspapers and pull his pants down :lol:
#291895 by Slatewoman
Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:15 am
ok, ok. i couldn't wait and gave this a listen.

i can't say i like it as much as everyone else seems to, but i definitely appreciate the complete and utter lack of shame with the balls-out affecting, catchy melody. in that sense, it reeks more of Ocean Machine than anything he's done since. and we all know how i feel about THAT album... my friend uses the phrase "milk it until it bleeds" in reference to it and that pretty much sums it right up.

hopefully, this is a taste of Epicloud. i have a harder time relating to positive music because i'm an angsty little teenager when it comes down to it. that might be what's stopping me from being all abut this. on an album though, there's bound to be some more poignant tracks. that said, i really enjoy his brand of maniacal, positivity.

as for the autotune, i'm going to say it's not autotune. i have very sensitive autotune radar and when i hear even a hint of it, i go into an insane, violent rage, decimating anything and everyone that dares to be within 100 yards of me.

so yeah. there's no autotune here. at least not in the top 40 radio sense. i hear where you're suggesting it is, but seeing as this is a demo, it could be a hasty post-production correction (AT's intended and only vaguely annoying purpose) or just a combination of the way he sings it with whatever process he's running it through.
#291984 by Zion
Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:45 am
I love this and that song he put out for the tour video a month or more back.

This dude makes more songs that go on repeat.
#291989 by CyclopZ
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 am
I need a perfomance video, or cover, or tab, or magical ears to play it myself
#292105 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 am
I am glad to have heard this song.
I am sad I still don't have the box set. Mmph.
#292204 by ctfod
Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 am
Slatewoman wrote:i can't say i like it as much as everyone else seems to, but i definitely appreciate the complete and utter lack of shame with the balls-out affecting, catchy melody. in that sense, it reeks more of Ocean Machine than anything he's done since. and we all know how i feel about THAT album... my friend uses the phrase "milk it until it bleeds" in reference to it and that pretty much sums it right up.

Really? I think it sounds much more like a cut song from Accelerated Evolution, it wouldn't be out of place between Sunday Afternoon and Slow Me Down
#292576 by Jono
Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 pm
ctfod wrote:
Slatewoman wrote:i can't say i like it as much as everyone else seems to, but i definitely appreciate the complete and utter lack of shame with the balls-out affecting, catchy melody. in that sense, it reeks more of Ocean Machine than anything he's done since. and we all know how i feel about THAT album... my friend uses the phrase "milk it until it bleeds" in reference to it and that pretty much sums it right up.

Really? I think it sounds much more like a cut song from Accelerated Evolution, it wouldn't be out of place between Sunday Afternoon and Slow Me Down

Totally agree
#292577 by Jono
Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm
shredi knight wrote:
Stantheman wrote:It feels much popier than everything on addicted to me, but maybe that is just me :oops:

Poopier than 'Bend It Like Bender'? :?
#292578 by shredi knight
Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:20 pm
I see what you did there. 8)
#292783 by Tyroshai
Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:41 pm
fragility wrote:Cannot stop singing this mofo!

Ditto. It's damn infectious!
#292863 by Matt08642
Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 am

Same! Now if only I could sing well...
#292865 by Hiddos
Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 am
Matt08642 wrote:

Same! Now if only I could sing well...

Haha, same here. I'm really loving this track. I always have to sing along to this one. Even though I'm not Canadian. I guess I am an alien though.
#293323 by No OnE
Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:44 pm
This track's grown on me a lot. While I wasn't really hooked the first few listens, that chorus has made itself known as one catchy motherflipper :D