DTP boxsets galore!
#293346 by Hiddos
Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 am
No OnE wrote:This track's grown on me a lot. While I wasn't really hooked the first few listens, that chorus has made itself known as one catchy motherflipper :D

A motherflipper
it flips mothers
:lol: :lol:
#293855 by agent00jack
Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 am
This is a fantastic song. I would love to hear more stuff like this. If I had to take a guess, maybe because of the Alien reference, but, this sounds like something that was initially made for the ziltoid album, perhaps designed as a bonus track or something. It's kinda in the same realm as hyperdrive and I feel like these two songs were written in the same period. Either way this song is incredible!
#294483 by TEH
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm
Awesome tune ! Would definetely love a whole album like that ! :)
#294525 by Wommis
Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 pm
Love the Canadian pride. It's totally Devin, but I don't know which album it would have 'fit' on thus far.
#294546 by Leechmaster
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 am
Love this track... I think it sounds most like it should be with Addicted, but it's streaks ahead of any of the songs on that album really. I'd be a very happy man if Epicloud ended up sounding something like Juno!
#295329 by Rossell
Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 pm
Deconstruction gets nominated for a Juno.

No I'm not joking :D
#295331 by Octillus
Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:04 pm
pffft
#295335 by FUBAR
Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Rossell wrote:Deconstruction gets nominated for a Juno.

No I'm not joking :D

Go Devy! even a nomination is pretty cool
#295340 by Eyesore
Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm
This is the best unreleased song out of all on the box set. It's brilliant! And yeah, pretty funny that once Devin releases the song he finally get nominated for a Juno. Haha.
#295346 by goncalobcunha
Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:15 pm
I hope that if he wins he'll give them the Jean-Paul Sartre treatment! :mrgreen:
#295349 by pandemic
Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:58 pm
Eyesore wrote:This is the best unreleased song out of all on the box set. It's brilliant! And yeah, pretty funny that once Devin releases the song he finally get nominated for a Juno. Haha.

hes nominated for best metal album for deconstruction. the song "Juno" has nothing to do with the nomination. plus the lyrics are quite weak in the song i dont see whats so special about it. good tune but lacking lyrically. devy stated via formspring "Didn't connect with it in the end and just phoned in the lyrics. "
#295351 by Octillus
Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:17 pm
pandemic wrote:
Eyesore wrote:This is the best unreleased song out of all on the box set. It's brilliant! And yeah, pretty funny that once Devin releases the song he finally get nominated for a Juno. Haha.

hes nominated for best metal album for deconstruction. the song "Juno" has nothing to do with the nomination. plus the lyrics are quite weak in the song i dont see whats so special about it. good tune but lacking lyrically. devy stated via formspring "Didn't connect with it in the end and just phoned in the lyrics. "

They were commenting on the irony. :roll:
#295353 by Eyesore
Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm
pandemic wrote:

Well, I didn't say he was nominated for that song. I know it was for Deconstruction. I find it funny, however, that Devin released a song that is specifically about Canada and the Juno's not getting him musically, and he's then finally recognized by them.

And I care more about music than lyrics. It's not like Devin has ever been the best lyricist anyway. (No offense, Dev!) I just don't think he's ever put as much of himself into the lyrics as he has the music. As a song, "Juno" is fantastic.
#295359 by pandemic
Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm
Octillus wrote:
pandemic wrote:

and i was commenting on what he said not they. nice try regulator.
#295370 by Octillus
Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:37 pm
pandemic wrote:
Octillus wrote:
pandemic wrote:

and i was commenting on what he said not they. nice try regulator.

I'm going to say it once, settle down. They is often an accepted substitute when you're not aware of the subject's gender and you don't want to attribute a pronoun. Do calmly reread your comment chain and take a muscle relaxer, dude.