DTP boxsets galore!
#294849 by ontheupside
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 am
pandemic wrote:i loved during "the mighty masturbator" how he describes the dancey part as that scene in the 2nd matrix, where everyones dancing like some 90s rave in slow motion lol. it tripped me out cause thats exactly what i always pictured in my head during that part of the song...for some odd reason. ( 7:16-11:23 )

Holy shit, my girlfriend and I thought the EXACT same thing. Fucken weeeeeird man.
#295160 by pandemic
Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 pm
ontheupside wrote:
pandemic wrote:i loved during "the mighty masturbator" how he describes the dancey part as that scene in the 2nd matrix, where everyones dancing like some 90s rave in slow motion lol. it tripped me out cause thats exactly what i always pictured in my head during that part of the song...for some odd reason. ( 7:16-11:23 )

Holy shit, my girlfriend and I thought the EXACT same thing. Fucken weeeeeird man.

wow thats a trip indeed.
#295224 by No OnE
Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 pm
Finally got the 2nd DVD in my boxset to work on another computer...my DVD drive must be failin' or something. Anyways...

Listening to the Ki commentary right now, several parts of this are really interesting to me since I write a lot of music on my computer, and it's cool to hear how he put parts together while essentially adding some of his experiences to my own knowledge bank. Of course, when Lady Helen transitioned to Ki, I just about had to shut the commentary off and go to the actual album :lol:

The words behind the end of Ki are a bunch of awesome-sounding nonsense :lol: I should have known haha. Good stuff, Dev.

Overall, a lot of really cool stuff, and there's a few parts I'll have to go back and relisten to so I can catch what he was saying (ie. speaker types, ravi shankar, etc). Will having heard that change my own listening interpretation of the album? Probably not very much, at most. But it was a very important album to me around 1-2 years ago, so I'm really glad to hear his interpretation of it. Gonna check out the rest of the commentaries soon! I can't wait to hear Decon :D
#295227 by NamasteLikeBender
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 am
Apparently, Devy mixed parts of Addicted on Sennheiser 650s.

I know what headphones I'm buying next (I currently use Sennheiser 280).
#295924 by mrbean667
Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 pm
I like how for Ghost he says: "This music makes me want to shut up." That to me shows that he realised his intentions for that album.
#310587 by Luna Moon
Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:16 am
Dudes, I don't see the Commentary section on the Ki DVD at all; where is it??? I assume it should be in extras, but all that's there is categories Photos, Main, & "Coast" video...
#310588 by Luna Moon
Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 am
Nevermind - just found it... Duherffft!