DTP boxsets galore!
#293009 by Drowd
Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:51 pm
In the past few days I just listened to the first 3 of the commentaries that Dev did for each record.
It is of incredible relevance to anyone who wants to understand what Dev really wanted to point out with these records.
While Ki and Addicted! were interesting especially on the production/writting and all, the Decon Commentary simply blew my mind.
The depths of complexity Dev reached with this record are simply out of this world.
EVERYTHING goddamned single freaking thing on this record has a point and is extremely well-thought.

Just listen to the commentary and hear for yourself, it's just out-of-this-world.

Anyone else took the time to listen to these ?
Share your thoughts and knowledge with us !
#293052 by StefanPetrucci
Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 am
I listened with joy to all four of them, to Decon and addicted even twice :D I was amazed by the plethora of details, like the hidden lyrics in Ki (If you feel like you are incomplete, yet you are still in love, yet you are sleeping, I , I ,I...), the references to the Divine comedy in Decon, and the hidden Charlie Chaplin speech throughout Ghost, but the funniest moment was on Ghost: 'I wonder what's the world like in a hundred years? If you are listening to this, greetings from the past!' :D :D
#293063 by Matt08642
Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm
I listened to all 4 one night. They were all pretty awesome, and I loved when he would go in depth on shit that was in the background (especially stuff on Ghost)
#293121 by Mr.J
Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:30 am
My computer doesn't have a cd-rom. :sad:
#293255 by sylkicks
Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:45 am
I've listened to all 4, incredibly enlightening. Loaded them onto my iPod and listened to them on the road, to help keep awake. I second that, the depths he goes to, especially on Decon, are just insane and to hear every step of the process was just incredible. The Ghost commentary is the least "informative" I guess but also the most hilarious. The album is so stream of consciousness and organic I think it's hard to say much about it. So how Dev fills the empty air time had me rolling, especially, yes, where he addresses the future hahaha. I also think he nodded off a few times which he acknowledged lol.

Awesome to live in his brain for 4+ hours of audio. Think I will listen to them on the way home as well.
#293283 by Slingshotjr
Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:02 pm
ReciteThePlan wrote:Can anyone tell me if Dev uses any vst plugins for his guitar sounds? If so which ones does he use? Thanks!

you can get ziloid tones out of podfarm but he said that on addicted he used a combo of a real dual rec and ReValver
#293566 by catharsis
Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm
absolutely loved them; best part of the boxset for me right now.
#293604 by pandemic
Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 pm
i loved during "the mighty masturbator" how he describes the dancey part as that scene in the 2nd matrix, where everyones dancing like some 90s rave in slow motion lol. it tripped me out cause thats exactly what i always pictured in my head during that part of the song...for some odd reason. ( 7:16-11:23 )
#293991 by mrbean667
Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:55 pm
Love the commentaries. The Ki one is my favourite because that album means a lot to me, and it was so cool hearing Dev relate the stories involved with it. I love the explanations of the effects and jams he threw in the background.
#294144 by kilinor
Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm
Loving the commentaries.

Listening to Decon as I type this :-)
The commentary has given me a much better understanding of his mindset, meaning and intent for Decon.

So cool.