DTP boxsets galore!
#303740 by NamasteLikeBender
Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 am
Octillus wrote:They were most certainly running Katrina's vox that night, so if Kat Epple was very quietly singing, it was overpowered even in Union Chapel.

Honestly I would've preferred if she just never had a Mic. that's the only black mark for me.

The DTP stuff always had more backing tracks live anyway, and Dev sounded exactly as I remembered him sounding. Maybe the gain's up a little, that's basically it.

But Kat was playing the flute, yes? She needed the mic for that.
#303741 by Octillus
Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:48 am
NamasteLikeBender wrote:
Octillus wrote:They were most certainly running Katrina's vox that night, so if Kat Epple was very quietly singing, it was overpowered even in Union Chapel.

Honestly I would've preferred if she just never had a Mic. that's the only black mark for me.

The DTP stuff always had more backing tracks live anyway, and Dev sounded exactly as I remembered him sounding. Maybe the gain's up a little, that's basically it.

But Kat was playing the flute, yes? She needed the mic for that.

Well, half of her instruments did anyway. I guess I just think it's awkward they tried to get her to sing.
#303779 by ferocitas
Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm
Wow, and there I was after watching all of the shows thinking what a beautiful fucking set of boxed-shows, I bet there's a whole lot of fans at the forums.. Then I read 2 pages of total fagotry and nittpicking. Wow and wow and Fuck You. You people really need to smell your underwear.
#303782 by Lettuce
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 pm
Woah pickle! There's a fuckton of people who couldn't fault the box set who obviously don't feel the need to say anything. People are always gonna complain about shit, it's human nature. Personally I think that if Dev's happy with it, then it's fully representative of his vision (with want of a less gay word...), so bar a few technical fuckups...we should be appreciating the fact that this is how he wanted it to be, same goes with the records. Mmmmmyusssssss?

...also they spelt my surname right on the booklet...my school couldn't even manage that...
#303783 by Eyesore
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm
ferocitas wrote:Wow, and there I was after watching all of the shows thinking what a beautiful fucking set of boxed-shows, I bet there's a whole lot of fans at the forums.. Then I read 2 pages of total fagotry and nittpicking. Wow and wow and Fuck You. You people really need to smell your underwear.

Oh, so you're an idiot.

First off, faggotry, whatever that is, has little to do with this, nor is it nitpicking. When you purchase such an expensive thing expecting to see a live performance, one can only be let down if there is glorified karaoke and studio trickery employed. That's called Not Getting What You Paid For (i.e. justified whining).

Now, to clarify, I have yet to receive my copy of the DVD, as I stated before, so maybe it's fucking epic and totally mind-blowing. But from what I've seen online, and from what others have said, it would appear that my initial concerns are not unfounded.

Your silly insults, however, very much are.

Tootles.
#303809 by debs
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:48 pm
ppinkham wrote:The performances on the DVD's are far from perfect. If you don't hear the fuck-ups yourself, then listen to the commentaries. Devin practically points them all out for you.

i should do this next, and i love the dvd decon and addicted sound like I remember from the shiw bar the choir. I lvoe how they sound like now
#303810 by Tang
Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 am
ppinkham wrote:The performances on the DVD's are far from perfect. If you don't hear the fuck-ups yourself, then listen to the commentaries. Devin practically points them all out for you.

I can confirm this. I bought the boxset expecting to see a live performance and that's exactly what I received, fuck-ups and all. I knew going into it that it'd be backing track heavy, cause that's how Dev does things, so it didn't bother me.
#303812 by shredi knight
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 am
Speaking of the commentaries, the one on Decon, from the very end of Poltergeist to the end of the DVD, is absolutely hysterical. I literally had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard (especially the part between where Poltergeist ends and the PB encore begins). :lol: