DTP boxsets galore!
#303535 by kettle
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 am
Hello,

Having a great time with my new arrived 'By a Thread' (signed) :)

On thing I notice is the strange offset of track listing - I haven't managed to get my head around it yet - seems like a song is in two parts near the start?

any ideas how I should rename these tracks?
#303536 by Hiddos
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 am
The third song they played is Saloon. After that the Ghost tracks continue in their original order (Feather, Kawaii, Ghost, etc), but they skipped Dark Matters.
So I think (wasn't there and don't have the boxset) the track listing should be:
  1. Fly
  2. Heart Baby
  3. Saloon
  4. Feather
  5. Kawaii
  6. Ghost
  7. Blackberry
  8. Monsoon
  9. Texada
  10. Seams
  11. Infinite Ocean
  12. As You Were
#303601 by PeteyPies
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:46 pm
I've only just noticed that they got the track listing wrong on the actual box set as well. Surely someone would have been able to check this before it went to print?
#303605 by TallNerdGuy
Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:12 pm
They also dun goofed on the spelling of "Radial Highway," calling it "Radical Highway." As a graphic designer, seeing typos slip into the final design is bothersome. But considering how the Dev stressed on each DVD about just how much time and effort went into pulling the whole shindig together, a few oversights is understandable.
#303606 by Octillus
Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 pm
TallNerdGuy wrote:They also dun goofed on the spelling of "Radial Highway," calling it "Radical Highway." As a graphic designer, seeing typos slip into the final design is bothersome. But considering how the Dev stressed on each DVD about just how much time and effort went into pulling the whole shindig together, a few oversights is understandable.

Bullshit, that highway was radical as fuck.

He busted out the slide guitar!
#303739 by static2
Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 am
some notes about the Ghost tracking/chaptering anomalies:
  • on the Ghost live DVD, "Heart Baby" and "Saloon" are together as one track lasting about 9 minutes
  • on the Ghost live CD, "Heart Baby" and "Saloon" are split into two different tracks (2 and 3, respectively)
  • on the Ghost live DVD, the 4-minute "Monsoon" jam is split into two parts (presumably to create a "Dark Matters" chapter)
  • on the Ghost live CD, the 4-minute "Monsoon" jam is whole (track 8 )

therefore, the Ghost CD tracklist (despite what iTunes or the box will tell you) is:
01. Fly (4:58)
02. Heart Baby (5:19)
03. Saloon (4:18)
04. Feather (9:43)
05. Kawaii (4:14)
06. Ghost (5:12)
07. Blackberry (5:01)
08. Monsoon (4:01)
09. Texada (9:01)
10. Seams (4:08)
11. Infinite Ocean (5:04)
12. As You Were (8:53)

for anyone that uses iTunes to play/rip CDs (or any other program that can access the Gracenote Media Database), i have submitted the correct order, which you can identify by the album title By a Thread: Live in London 2011 - Ghost. you should get an option to select this when you pop in the CD the first time, since there are now multiple submissions for the same disc. if you've already chosen the wrong one, you can re-choose via Advanced > Get Track Names.
#304044 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 am
Octillus wrote:
TallNerdGuy wrote:They also dun goofed on the spelling of "Radial Highway," calling it "Radical Highway." As a graphic designer, seeing typos slip into the final design is bothersome. But considering how the Dev stressed on each DVD about just how much time and effort went into pulling the whole shindig together, a few oversights is understandable.

Bullshit, that highway was radical as fuck.

He busted out the slide guitar!

I wonder if he'll use that on Epicloud.
#307359 by _byronw
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:44 am
So the question has to be asked, did people here re-edit their track listing to read RADIAL, or are you going to respect the boxset and leave it as RADICAL?

Yep, this is what my life has come to.
#307460 by static2
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm
_byronw wrote:So the question has to be asked, did people here re-edit their track listing to read RADIAL, or are you going to respect the boxset and leave it as RADICAL?

well, its actual title has been "Radial Highway" from day one, so... :lol:
#307501 by Yes
Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:29 am
_byronw wrote:So the question has to be asked, did people here re-edit their track listing to read RADIAL, or are you going to respect the boxset and leave it as RADICAL?

I know your pain. I've been torn between leaving the CDs in order or completely re-jiggering the thing so that the encores are attached to their respective shows. I went through the entire thing deleting that pesky "Live In London....date, time, etc" from every track 'cos it irritated me, now they just say "...(Live)".

Nice to get a sense I'm not the only iTunes data quality geek out there.
#307771 by _byronw
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 am
Yes wrote:

I know your pain. I've been torn between leaving the CDs in order or completely re-jiggering the thing so that the encores are attached to their respective shows. I went through the entire thing deleting that pesky "Live In London....date, time, etc" from every track 'cos it irritated me, now they just say "...(Live)".

Nice to get a sense I'm not the only iTunes data quality geek out there.

That's precisely what I did, the songs all have (Live) next to them, and yes i actually ripped the encores again and added them to their respective shows. I'd recommend this as listening to the shows without their genuine finish is a bit awkward. I still have the encore disc ripped in it's own right, because I felt bad about deleting it all together (actual true story).

In the end, I edited it to read RADIAL. After all, that is the correct title, AND it reads on RADIAL on the actual case, as opposed to RADICAL on the slip case.