DTP boxsets galore!
#303894 by Lettuce
Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:16 am
Drowd wrote:
Lettuce wrote: (ie. My Batman Forever DVD has audio problems in my bedroom TV, but fine on my livingroom TV and my laptop) .

Why would you listen to that awful movie ?
Also, I got the same message from the guy with the square face picture from CMdistro although I am still awaiting my precious...

BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BATMAN UNCONDITIONALLY, NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE THE FILM.

...except Batman and Robin.
#303908 by pandemic
Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
i cant control any of the menus on any disc. no matter what player i play it in. ordered from cm. not a big deal cause i can just throw it in the computer and watch it all from there, but at the same time i spent 70 bucks on this thing.
#303915 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 pm
So is this really just a regional problem and only people with NTSC region code 1 players are affected? And are all DVDs worldwide PAL or NTSC? If all DVDs worldwide are PAL it doesn't matter whether they are region 0 or not because they're not going to work on NTSC players properly. That's why music DVDs usually are region code 0 and NTSC when they are being distributed worldwide. But why would PAL DVDs be sold overseas anyways? :?
#303919 by Octillus
Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:19 pm
pandemic wrote:i cant control any of the menus on any disc. no matter what player i play it in. ordered from cm. not a big deal cause i can just throw it in the computer and watch it all from there, but at the same time i spent 70 bucks on this thing.

on the other non Addicted DVDs, the arrow keys on your remote or arrow keys on your keyboard SHOULD do it. At least I was able to.
#303929 by azure
Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:57 pm
I don't have a dvd player, just a HTPC. I can't get any of the shows to play. The intro plays and gets to the menu, but then it freezes, I can't click any of the menu options, and have tried a few different players with the same results. I've not encountered this before on any DVD for the 3 years I've used the HTPC.
#303930 by Octillus
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm
azure wrote:I don't have a dvd player, just a HTPC. I can't get any of the shows to play. The intro plays and gets to the menu, but then it freezes, I can't click any of the menu options, and have tried a few different players with the same results. I've not encountered this before on any DVD for the 3 years I've used the HTPC.

Hrm. Works on my mac :( Do you have a keyboard that goes with your HTPC?
#303932 by Matt08642
Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:40 pm
Ki, Decon, and Ghost all work fine in my DVD player, Addicted glitches out (but we know this)

Strange thing is that none of them really work in my computer (at least in Media Player Classic or VLC). I remedied this by just right clicking the window in Media Player Classic and navigating that way.
#303953 by KQRulz3000
Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 am
Matt08642 wrote:Ki, Decon, and Ghost all work fine in my DVD player, Addicted glitches out (but we know this)

Strange thing is that none of them really work in my computer (at least in Media Player Classic or VLC). I remedied this by just right clicking the window in Media Player Classic and navigating that way.

I use MPC as well, couldn't navigate the menus or anything. It's really weird for that to happen... Something incredibly odd with these DVDs
#303963 by KaneRobot
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 am
FWIW, Amazon sent me a follow-up email asking me specific follow-up questions (ie not their usual template customer service stuff) regarding the nature of the issue, so hopefully they'll get something set up so when the replacements are available we can get them...not holding my breath though. :?

I posted on Inside Out's Facebook page asking about if there would be a way to exchange the discs for people who didn't buy through CM Distro...no answer two days later. Great. Tried Tweeting them just now, we'll see if they ignore that too.

At this point I'm just wondering if I'm talking to myself here since it seems like the vast majority ordered through CM Distro and replacements won't be an issue.