DTP boxsets galore!
#303972 by pandemic
Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Octillus wrote:
pandemic wrote:i cant control any of the menus on any disc. no matter what player i play it in. ordered from cm. not a big deal cause i can just throw it in the computer and watch it all from there, but at the same time i spent 70 bucks on this thing.

on the other non Addicted DVDs, the arrow keys on your remote or arrow keys on your keyboard SHOULD do it. At least I was able to.

nah man i have no clue why but nothing works. even the xbox and ps3 wont let me navigate the menus nore would my sony bluray/dvd player nore will my computer. i can open the discs up in "My Computer" and just view everything in there. but this is kinda lame at the same time.
#303978 by azure
Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 am
Octillus wrote:Hrm. Works on my mac :( Do you have a keyboard that goes with your HTPC?

Yes. I managed to start it with just hitting Enter and using the arrow keys a bit. Watched Decon so far. Amazing to see performed so well. Little disappointed it was a stereo mix instead of 5.1 (unless there was a way to change it somehow, but I couldn't tell.
#303987 by janssen
Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 pm
KaneRobot wrote:At this point I'm just wondering if I'm talking to myself here since it seems like the vast majority ordered through CM Distro and replacements won't be an issue.

Bought from Amazon as well. The Addicted DVD doesn't work but I haven't contacted them yet. Thanks for the info.
#304016 by KaneRobot
Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 am
Another Amazon update...looks like they yanked it, unless it sold out normally. It's still available if you order through third party sellers but there's no option to buy from Amazon directly (at least at this writing). I'm sure as soon as the corrected sets are available it'll be back up. I suppose I can live without it until then.

Sadly my Facebook posts and Tweets to Inside Out asking about non CM Distro buyers getting a replacement were completely ignored...I'd even be fine with a "we're working on it" response, but instead I got zero response. Great job.
#304017 by Octillus
Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am
It's lame they haven't responded, but it's fairly likely that it will transpire that Amazon will have its stock replenished with stock that works appropriately, and then you will be contacted.

Amazon's generally pretty damn good about taking care of their customers, it's what kept them around through the first dotcom crash.
#304025 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:08 pm
Octillus wrote:It's lame they haven't responded, but it's fairly likely that it will transpire that Amazon will have its stock replenished with stock that works appropriately, and then you will be contacted.

Amazon's generally pretty damn good about taking care of their customers, it's what kept them around through the first dotcom crash.

yes. Everyone who is affected by this and bought it from Amazon may not even have to send anything back. They might give you a gift certificate code that you can use on the corrected version and then you have 2 boxsets. Even if one is slightly dysfunctional :P
That's how they handled my problems in the past. Pretty sweet service!
#304054 by wyldweasil
Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:53 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I ordered mine from Amazon, and it may well be the North American copy.

Should I be weary? The preceding posts sure make it sound so.

as long as yours plays OK shouldn't be a problem, unless you ordered from amazon north america
#304066 by Octillus
Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I did. Shit.

Hopefully there will be no problems when I receive it.

Weren't you saying you're not getting it forever? Just send CM the receipt, have your buddy send it to you, and you'll probably get it all at the same time.