DTP boxsets galore!
#303780 by fatandugly
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:06 pm
Just got the box set in the mail today from Amazon, put in the KI DVD and it freezes at the chapter mark after the first song. Rewind a few frames, hit chapter forward and it goes past the freeze and plays fine. End of song 2, same thing. It does it on 90% of the songs on the disc at the chapter mark. In the extras in pics, it has an audible digital glitch noise and freezes on some of the pics too where you have to do the same thing. Disc appears fine physically. Anyone else? I hope this is a random manufacturing defect. I'll wait to hear if others have a similar problem before I send it back to Amazon. Have not tried any of the other discs yet. :cry:
#303781 by Lettuce
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 pm
There's been reported regional issues with the Addicted DVD, but not with Ki. Have you tried using it in a different player? It might not like that specific one (ie. My Batman Forever DVD has audio problems in my bedroom TV, but fine on my livingroom TV and my laptop) If it's the same with them you may have a faulty disk. Try the other disks too on multiple players. I don't know what Amazon are like, but I once managed to get a single disk replaced by HMV from a boxset.
#303854 by KaneRobot
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 pm
Glad I'm not alone. Ki worked fine for me but Addicted has a significant issue where if you arrow down on the main menu, the screen goes black and nothing happens. If you press the up arrow or play, it plays, but there is no way to navigate the menu at all. I have tried this on 3 different DVD players. I do not have the time at the moment to sit and watch every disc to see if there are other issues, but at least the other three discs navigate properly.

This is not good, as I've already received a replacement from Amazon and the same issue occurs. I am hesitant to send back to Amazon again as they will likely cancel my order and not send a replacement (I've had to do multiple returns to Amazon before and that's what they've done prior).

I know it's early but we need to get some official word on this as soon as possible, so I hope it's being looked into...got 30 days before my return/refund period is up. Whether there is an individual disc exchange or whatever, I hope we get some sort of resolution.
#303855 by Matt08642
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 pm
KaneRobot wrote:Glad I'm not alone. Ki worked fine for me but Addicted has a significant issue where if you arrow down on the main menu, the screen goes black and nothing happens. If you press the up arrow or play, it plays, but there is no way to navigate the menu at all. I have tried this on 3 different DVD players. I do not have the time at the moment to sit and watch every disc to see if there are other issues, but at least the other three discs navigate properly.

This is not good, as I've already received a replacement from Amazon and the same issue occurs. I am hesitant to send back to Amazon again as they will likely cancel my order and not send a replacement (I've had to do multiple returns to Amazon before and that's what they've done prior).

I know it's early but we need to get some official word on this as soon as possible, so I hope it's being looked into...got 30 days before my return/refund period is up. Whether there is an individual disc exchange or whatever, I hope we get some sort of resolution.

CMdistro acknowledged the issue with the Addicted DVD and is sending new ones in 4-6 weeks. No idea what Amazon is doing about this though.
#303857 by KaneRobot
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm
Matt08642 wrote:
KaneRobot wrote:Glad I'm not alone. Ki worked fine for me but Addicted has a significant issue where if you arrow down on the main menu, the screen goes black and nothing happens. If you press the up arrow or play, it plays, but there is no way to navigate the menu at all. I have tried this on 3 different DVD players. I do not have the time at the moment to sit and watch every disc to see if there are other issues, but at least the other three discs navigate properly.

CMdistro acknowledged the issue with the Addicted DVD and is sending new ones in 4-6 weeks. No idea what Amazon is doing about this though.

Where did you see that?
#303859 by KaneRobot
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm
Thanks. I'll contact Amazon and see if anything is going on. If Amazon doesn't have something in place I guess I'll have to live without the set for a while, as I'm hesitant to buy from CM Distro after a bad experience in the past.

Anyone know why is CM Distro is handling this? Did they author the DVDs themselves or something? I would have thought that would be up to the manufacturer or record label to issue individual disc replacements.
Last edited by KaneRobot on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#303861 by wyldweasil
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:34 pm
yeah I got mine through CM, played the addicted disc concert with a little blurb in the middle but when I tried to access the special features it spazzed out and would restart the disc on my xbox. on my macbook I inserted the disc and took 20 minutes for the macbook to release it deeming it unplayable. :(
#303863 by Matt08642
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm
KaneRobot wrote:Where did you see that?

CMDistro sent this email to me (and others who ordered from there):

CMDistro wrote:Hello,

We are contacting you in regards to your CM Distro purchase for the Devin Townsend
#303868 by Drowd
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm
Lettuce wrote: (ie. My Batman Forever DVD has audio problems in my bedroom TV, but fine on my livingroom TV and my laptop) .

Why would you listen to that awful movie ?
Also, I got the same message from the guy with the square face picture from CMdistro although I am still awaiting my precious...
#303871 by KaneRobot
Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 pm
Just to update in case anyone else bought through Amazon, I got the standard form "please return it for a full refund," however they added non-standard text in there as well about how they'd be investigating the issue. Also was told I would get free one day shipping and the same lowest price I paid for it originally if the price happens to go up if I opt to reorder it later.

Going to try a couple other routes to just get that disc replaced before I send it back and give up (and wait a month or three for everyone's stock of "bad" sets to get replaced).
#303879 by ppinkham
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm
KaneRobot wrote:Anyone know why is CM Distro is handling this? Did they author the DVDs themselves or something? I would have thought that would be up to the manufacturer or record label to issue individual disc replacements.

It's like buying a DVD at any store. You report it to the store, and they try and help you out. If it is a problem affecting many, then they contact the manufacture and the manufacture takes care of it for the store.

CM Distro's response may be a tad quicker since they are partnered with Inside Out and will probably see the replacement discs before other stores.