The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#264231 by IX10N
Wed May 04, 2011 3:28 pm
From a contractual point of view, I wonder if it's possible for someone in Townsend's position to release new songs for digital purchase through their website...
I would only see this as an option if the label REALLY saw overexposure, or "confusion" as a problem in trying to market an artist. The songs, or album would need no marketing and would only be bought by fans of the artist, or by casuals who caught wind of it.

I don't see this happening any time soon in Dev's case, but I find it interesting... With someone as prolific as himself, it could be a feasible thing to do if contracts permit. In between major releases of course.
#264232 by Lettuce
Wed May 04, 2011 3:45 pm
Personally...I'm disappointed. I was expecting something like-

[youtube]eELH0ivexKA[/youtube]
#264237 by barackobaka
Wed May 04, 2011 4:04 pm
The Dev wrote:Kind of heavy, heavy guitars etc, but real ethereal, no screaming.

Different than AE, much more modern. AE is a pretty bleak record for me, this isn't

Anne is in, just talked with her. Making demos right now.

...Sounds so sweet. :)

I thought AE was a pretty modern sounding record... now I'm just confused :?
#264247 by GhostReverie
Wed May 04, 2011 5:12 pm
The Dev wrote:Kind of heavy, heavy guitars etc, but real ethereal, no screaming.

Different than AE, much more modern. AE is a pretty bleak record for me, this isn't

Maybe something in the same vein as Life?

Damn it, Dev. We're still eagerly awaiting Ghost and Decon, and yet you tease us even further with new stuff. :)
#264253 by ppinkham
Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm
IX10N wrote:From a contractual point of view, I wonder if it's possible for someone in Townsend's position to release new songs for digital purchase through their website...
I would only see this as an option if the label REALLY saw overexposure, or "confusion" as a problem in trying to market an artist. The songs, or album would need no marketing and would only be bought by fans of the artist, or by casuals who caught wind of it.

I don't see this happening any time soon in Dev's case, but I find it interesting... With someone as prolific as himself, it could be a feasible thing to do if contracts permit. In between major releases of course.

Devin can do whatever he wants, really. However, he has a really good relationship with the label, and he doesn't want to rock the boat too much. They seem to take good care of him and his music. It's probably just better if he presents them with it and says "whenever you're ready, fellas."
#264263 by Kore
Wed May 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Lettuce wrote:Personally...I'm disappointed. I was expecting something like-

[youtube]eELH0ivexKA[/youtube]

Dude, TOALLY getting a Mighty Boosh vibe from this!
#264276 by manatee
Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm
Devin Townsend fans = spoiled

Devin's catalog is turning into an embarrassment of riches!
#264290 by Aniland
Thu May 05, 2011 1:00 am

For fucks' sake, what a glorious thing for me to read at this hour. Hell, it would be at any hour.
#264308 by FUBAR
Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 am
I must say Epicloud is such a cool name for an album, love it's duality. Very suited for Devs music.
#264318 by DevinJayLeibe
Thu May 05, 2011 5:51 am
I thought it was 'epic-cloud' too, lulz! I was imagining it as the sound of those giant clouds you see in the sky sometimes that look like mountains, you know, heavy mellow?
But now I see it could also be epic loud. Which is good because my headphones are epic quiet.
#264330 by Tonya Elf
Thu May 05, 2011 8:24 am
manatee wrote:Devin Townsend fans = spoiled

Devin's catalog is turning into an embarrassment of riches!

I'll go along with that! :) To be able to be updated and informed on all of this wonderful new music...Devin always gives us something to look forward to!
#264337 by Faffy
Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 am
DevinJayLeibe wrote:I thought it was 'epic-cloud' too, lulz! I was imagining it as the sound of those giant clouds you see in the sky sometimes that look like mountains, you know, heavy mellow?
But now I see it could also be epic loud. Which is good because my headphones are epic quiet.

I thought that was the point... that it could be epi cloud (whatever that is), epic cloud or epic loud. :D

Anyways: I'm really excited about this album, already. :shock: