The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#264129 by Lettuce
Wed May 04, 2011 3:47 am
It's not every day you piss off management for banging out LOADS of stuff. You're like the Anti-Axl Rose :p

I'm very pleased you're in a good place right now, and I'm looking forward to the new stuff...but DAMN you spoil us.
#264132 by Faffy
Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 am
Catchy, Anneke, not far behind Decon and Ghost, "Really easy, epic, ethereal and romantic. Focus on chorus etc."
:shock: :shock: :shock:

...and I'm glad to hear both Ziltoid TV and Epicloud are effortless and fun to make. :D
All of this sounds too good to be true. :] I'm so exciteeeeed, and I just can't hide iiiiiiiiiit. *sings*
#264133 by Lolliklauer
Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 am
Chuck Norris can go on a european tour, make an album and a tv-show between mastering and release-date of the last record.

Devin Townsend can do all that and still has time for vacation... ;-)
#264135 by Mara
Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 am
Yeah, the man is unstoppable!
(Someone please make a flow chart or something on future releases, it's getting complicated. :o)
#264168 by tk6yG2
Wed May 04, 2011 9:40 am
The Dev wrote:gotta give Decon and Ghost some room though, pissing the label and management off by confusing them at this point doesn't do any good.

Dev, I really don't know how you do it but I love it. :D

Ghost and Decon aren't even out yet, and you're getting us pumped for the next record? It's madness :lol:
#264170 by ppinkham
Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 am
The Dev wrote:Pounding out catchy songs. I'm thinking Anneke will help out again as well.

Will pretty much definitely be the next one at this point...

gotta give Decon and Ghost some room though, pissing the label and management off by confusing them at this point doesn't do any good.

But at this rate, it's not far behind.

Yeah, I can see the label wanting to hold off on releasing anything non-dtp related until they're done promoting it, and since the DVD shows and box set are planned for the end of the year, they probably won't want anything new out until next year.

One way to really fuck with the label is to present Epicloud not as a new Devin Townsend release, but as a seperate entity all together. Maybe as a new band called Epicloud, featuring Devin Townsend and Anneke Van Giresbegen. It can be promoted parallel to the dtp without causing the confusion of another Devin Townsend release. If that didn't work, threaten to allow Anneke's label to release it instead. Mwuhahahahaaaa.....

Maybe it's time to create a new alter-ego. A companion to Ziltoid. Start working on that Pasty McBalderton puppet! I smell potential! lol

Orrrrrrrr.....

Label it as a dtp product. The epilogue to the dtp. Throw it in the box set.

Fuck the police! Fight the power!

Or just wait until the label wants it. That works, too. :)
#264175 by Faffy
Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am
SHHH! DON'T GIVE HIM SUCH IDEAS! :shock:

It's more than enough that 4 out of my top 7 on my last.fm charts are Dev-this-or-that. :lol:
...all though Pasty McBalderton would make a splendid puppet!
#264179 by indo_mex
Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 am
The Dev wrote:Pounding out catchy songs. I'm thinking Anneke will help out again as well.

:D
#264196 by catharsis
Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am
i was just thinking the other day how i really like the title. i first read it as shorthand for epic cloud, but then i realized it probably means epic loud. either way, it's a cool title.
#264209 by Liquid
Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm
More in the vein of Addicted? Exactly what I want. A million bonus points if you snag Anneke again.
#264210 by Faffy
Wed May 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Since nothing has been said about heaviness, I can imagine it would sound something like Ih-ah!... Not that Dev makes anything twice, but it could be a good cue for what we might expect. :)
#264212 by The Dev
Wed May 04, 2011 1:33 pm
Kind of heavy, heavy guitars etc, but real ethereal, no screaming.

Different than AE, much more modern. AE is a pretty bleak record for me, this isn't

Anne is in, just talked with her. Making demos right now.

...Sounds so sweet. :)
#264214 by Liquid
Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Well, hurry the hell up. :P
#264216 by mEh!
Wed May 04, 2011 2:04 pm
The Dev wrote:Kind of heavy, heavy guitars etc, but real ethereal, no screaming.

Different than AE, much more modern. AE is a pretty bleak record for me, this isn't

YES!
#264218 by ppinkham
Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 pm
The Dev wrote:Kind of heavy, heavy guitars etc, but real ethereal, no screaming.

It almost sounds like an amalgamation of the 4 different pieces of the dtp, which seems like a natural step. It's like the dtp was a bit of "Ok, I'll try like this for this album, then this one will be this, etc.," and now you that it is out of your system, the parts of those albums that made the biggest impact on you are now the types of ideas that just sort of happen without thinking.