The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#263284 by Medisinyl
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:52 am
barackobaka wrote:Imagining it sounding like AE.

If I recall correctly, Devin said that album sounded more like the rest of the band at the time than him, so I would expect this shouldn't be the case. Likely my least favorite Dev album actually :? After the last four albums, it would be very hard to predict at all what he'll come up with next (though we had gotten suggestions of a dance album).
#263288 by swervedriver
Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:23 am
Medisinyl wrote:
barackobaka wrote:Imagining it sounding like AE.

If I recall correctly, Devin said that album sounded more like the rest of the band at the time than him, so I would expect this shouldn't be the case.

I think you're confusing that with the self-titled SYL album he was making simultaneously.
#263307 by ppinkham
Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:03 am
Lettuce wrote:As far as I understand, Z2 is gonna be ZTV now...unless I got the wrong end of the stick. Who cares, it's all shits and giggles.

Yeah, I think that's it. It seems at the moment Dev doesn't feel a need to do Z2, so there no longer plans for it. That's what makes Dev awesome, though. You just never know what the hell he's going to end up doing.
#263311 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 am
I heard he's now scrapping Epicloud and bringing out his own brand of kitchen and bathroom cleaners.
#263312 by Kore
Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:54 pm
Wait, wasn't "Contain Us" supposed to be a new DTP album in the works as well? :mrgreen:
#263315 by ctfod
Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Lettuce wrote:I heard he's now scrapping Epicloud and bringing out his own brand of kitchen and bathroom cleaners.

Skullet Bang?
#263318 by Keeker
Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:39 pm
^ LOL
#263319 by ctfod
Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:48 pm
Greatest idea ever

#263329 by barackobaka
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:14 pm
I cannot adequately express my love for the direction this thread is heading
#263330 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 pm
ctfod wrote:Greatest idea ever

Fucking Christ, the thought never crossed my mind!

WE...make a good team.
#263392 by Voradin
Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 pm
I wouldn't read too much into his tweets, they're likely just stream of consciousness and ideas and so on. Dev got a new guitar and felt inspired, and then really liked what came out of it. Might lead to an album, might just lead to a few songs, might not lead to anything. I usually don't really consider anything solidified until he says stuff like "we begin laying down tracks for such-and-such album next week", and even then the finished product is likely to be very different than what even he thought it would be going into it. Such is how the mind of a creative genius works! I think the ideas often come to him faster than he can get them out of his head.

That said, I am really hoping that he will do a Zitloid 2, sooner rather than later, but I'll gladly take later over not at all. ZTO is my son's favorite album, and the very first music CD he ever wanted, so I'm hoping for a sequel for his sake. :D

It'll be great when they invent that thing that looks like a set of headphones that you put on, and whatever music is in your head gets transmitted and converted to actual music on your PC... and the glasses that you put on that will generate a photograph of whatever visual image is in your mind...
#263410 by catharsis
Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:26 am
ppinkham wrote:
Lettuce wrote:As far as I understand, Z2 is gonna be ZTV now...unless I got the wrong end of the stick. Who cares, it's all shits and giggles.

Yeah, I think that's it. It seems at the moment Dev doesn't feel a need to do Z2, so there no longer plans for it. That's what makes Dev awesome, though. You just never know what the hell he's going to end up doing.

wait, when the hell did that happen? i can't keep up anymore.
#263412 by Fjar
Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:44 am
Writing new songs ≠ making a new album.
#263422 by catharsis
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:45 am
true, but Next record tentatively called 'Epicloud'." does.
#263445 by Paragonal
Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 am
I gotta believe that it was a halfjoke, I mean With all of the announced projects he has he may just be kicking around an idea or 3. I like the name, epicloud. I hope he keeps it. (If there is an "it")