The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308879 by sylkicks
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm
ppinkham wrote:Oh btw, anytime you all want to thank me for inspiring Dev to make 'Epicloud,' the line forms to the left:

http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewto ... 86#p252886

:thanks:

You're welcome.

:mrgreen:

PAUL IS THE ARCHITECT! :D

drukore wrote:THANK YOU! ^^^^^^^ Seriously. I've talked with Dev in person numerous times and I feel the same way. This guy manages to balance a family life with the life of a musician, and progressively gets better at his craft with every effort and there are people on here that continually act like "well this isn't Devin's best effort", could you please show us what YOUR best effort on something is. Besides being a critical fanboy on a forum. If you don't like Epicloud, fine. It's not for everyone. But accusing him of "throwing together a song"...dumb.

Eh, that's not exactly what I meant... I think you can understand every note Dev makes and still not have something be likeable to your ears. I personally love Epicloud and I understand the intent behind it, but I could totally understand if someone heard Epicloud, understood it, but didn't find that specific type of Dev's output to their liking. I don't agree with the sentiment that Dev was "being lazy" on this album, but everyone has their right to like or dislike something even if they do understand it.
#308894 by ppinkham
Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm
"Cry Forever" from the iTunes version kicks an amazing amount of ass. Devy-metal, indeed. 80's pop-metal keyboards, verse riffage that could have come straight from a Megadeth album, great 80's metal vocals, a cool metal solo, etc. This song is kicking my ass. One of the most straight-forward metal songs I've heard from Dev. Love it.
#308896 by Faffy
Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 pm
ppinkham wrote:Oh btw, anytime you all want to thank me for inspiring Dev to make 'Epicloud,' the line forms to the left:

You're welcome.

FAWKIN'ELL YOU DID IT AGAIN!

I'm beginning to think that Dev gets all of his ideas from you. :P
#308910 by ppinkham
Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 pm
TerminX wrote:Are the iTunes tracks of the Epiclouder "demo" quality, or as largely produced as Epicloud?

Gonna go download 'em once my copy gets here.

Very well-produced demos. I take it you haven't heard any of "Epiclouder' yet? Same quality. Most bands wished their final albums sounded as good as these demos. lol
#308927 by bonekrap44
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:14 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:

You're welcome.

Hey Dev, make a gangsta rap album! Complete with diss tracks, skits, PHAT BEATZ, and shoutouts to Dave Young (Whom will be referred to as DJ Dave & The Younginz)

Two Turn Tables and a Mike St. Jean!
#308931 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm
Faffy wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=252886#p252886

You're welcome.

FAWKIN'ELL YOU DID IT AGAIN!

I'm beginning to think that Dev gets all of his ideas from you. :P

All Dev needs is a full-chin goatee and they'll be twins.
#308979 by TerminX
Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am
ppinkham wrote:
TerminX wrote:Are the iTunes tracks of the Epiclouder "demo" quality, or as largely produced as Epicloud?

Gonna go download 'em once my copy gets here.

Very well-produced demos. I take it you haven't heard any of "Epiclouder' yet? Same quality. Most bands wished their final albums sounded as good as these demos. lol

I haven't, but Dev's previous "demo" material has been pretty high quality before. Which is why I put quotes around "demo"